/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is intermittent fasting a meme or does it actually work? Seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1445190181115.jpg (50KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1445190181115.jpg
50KB, 720x540px
Is intermittent fasting a meme or does it actually work? Seems like it's the "fad of the month" on here and everywhere else on the internet.
>>
Calories in < Calories out

All you need to know, fat fuck.
>>
IF was the fad of the month like 2 years ago
>>
>fad of the month
Kek, intermittent fasting has been around for years now, and DYELs who don't understand shit about nutrition and training obviously cling to anything that seems to bring magical benefits and results - and yet most of the times apply the principles the wrong way.

Intermittent fasting is just a diet timing scheme and you should do it if you find it convenient, but it is out of the principles for body composition changing, which are
>calories in / calories out
>macronutrients ratio
>muscle stimulus (training)
>>
i've done it a few times for cuts, just eating between 1 and 4 and not at all otherwise
i found it helpful for controlling my hunger (tho i tend to take eph when i get up every non-workout day during cutting so that probs contributes) so maybe there's something to it from a psychological standpoint, but no it's not some magic bullet that's gonna unveil your abs in two weeks
>>
>>40562828
this doesn't answer his question, he's asking if intermittent fasting is legit or not. stop trying to be funny, you're pathetic.

>>40562814
it's not the fad of the month but it's legit
you don't even have to starve yourself for 14-18 hours as some youtubers say, take a snack in the morning and drink black coffee
i finished my bulk at 74 kilograms and lost 7 so far in a month and two weeks, i don't even count calories. i haven't lost any strength or size.
>>
>>40562814
good god who is she? every fucking time i come to /fit/ I fall in love with a different woman
>>
>>40562903
I just don't get it. What's the benefit of IF over just being in a calorie deficit and eating normally?
>>
>>40563016
The theory is if you don't eat when you are hungry, the body burns the fat instead of the food you eat for the needed energy.
>>
IF is nice, because i don't have to deal with the chore of eating most of the day
>>
Currently doing IF, 16/8, been doing it for two months.

I'm consistently losing a pound a week, and my lifts are (slowly) going up. And I'm seeing definition in the mirror I've never seen before.

On my previous cut, I just went at a deficit, I lost weight but my lifts went down as well.

So, from my own personal, subjective experience, I do seem to be accomplishing the fabled, mythical "recomping".

My "broscience" explanation is that it puts you through a mini "cut" and "bulk" phase every day.
>>
>>40562828

found the first year lifter and nutrition sticky expert.

Go ahead and try no protein or no fat diet and tell me how all there is to it is "calories in, calories out".

Calories in and calories out is the biggest meme ever. While it is virtually impossible to lose weight unless you are on a deficit, there is so much more to 'weight loss'. Who the fuck want's to lose weight? I want to loss fat.

Macros matter, a lot. Sure if you eat 0 grams of protein you will lose weight just the same as you would do on any diet with the same deficit but most of it will be muscle mass instead of fat.
>>
>>40563016

The basic concept it works on is that your body can't easily use your adipose for energy when there's insulin in your system, preferring to instead use your glucose stores.

Being fasted for 16+ hours ensures you are not only completely fasted and free of insulin, but your glucose stores are also likely to be relatively low. This causes your body to instead use your adipose stores for energy.

Or at least that's the theory. I don't know enough about how insulin works to know if that's actually biologically valid.
>>
>>40563016
IF is not about calorie restriction.
Theoretically, your intake is exactly the same, only condensed within a 10-6 hr window.

What make the difference is the time spent without eating, AKA fasting.
After 8-10 hrs without food intake, the body starts using stored energy to fuel itself, aka fat.

Using IF for calorie restriction isn't recommended, spending 12 hours on an empty stomach and eating less will just make your body adjust to less food, which means going back to a normal amount of food will cause weight gain
>>
Im doing IF and losing fat, but I am also walking 60-160 mins per day, taking yohimbine in the morning, lifting 5 days a week and cutting at 25% deficit, so I can't say that IF is really making a difference.

doing a 16/8 split is so easy theres no reason to not try it. Just drink black coffee until noon to keep the hunger under control.
>>
>>40563269
Oh, I see. So when do you do IF then?
>>
File: tmp_8586-1487182688110342746517.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8586-1487182688110342746517.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>40563016
Terry cruise said that if you fast long enough (16 hrs for him) your body repairs itself better since it doesn't have to be busy digesting.
As for me I find it easy to skip breakfast since I don't get hungry right away in the a.m. so it makes calorie restriction easier
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.