[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm into an argument with my friend over routines. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 862343241981.jpg (41KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
862343241981.jpg
41KB, 800x800px
So I'm into an argument with my friend over routines.

I was thinking one upperbody volume day (4x12+) and one strength day (3x5) and then one leg day per week.

He tells me to do 3 full body days per week instead (one low, medium and high volume).
I don't want to do that because I don't want to A) Rust in the gym B) Don't enjoy training legs that much C) Can't have leg soreness while being at work (climbing in and out of lorries/trucks and wheel loaders) because it'll be too much stress.

He says that I am a fucking retard and can't train for shit because training soreness disappears after a while. While that's kinda true I still feel muscle soreness even if I've been training for a while just more managable and not as much(been training on and off)

So, which is the better routine, who is the retard here, or is there any other routine that's better than both of those? I'm a beginner if that helps.
>>
You guys should suck eachothers' dicks to find out whose gayer.
>>
Be sure not to step foot in a gym or lift anything heavy until you have this issue resolved or you will make no gains.
>>
>>40562514
/fit/ in a nutshell.
Good luck OP.
>>
>>40562514
Well he's gayer no need to find out
>>40562581
Doing half a ppl now (3 days a week), figured it was better than just 1 bodypart per day like a full on brosplit but ofc still get called a retard who can't train.
>>40562589
yup
>>
Sounds like you're both wrong
>>
File: bump.png (126KB, 908x680px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
126KB, 908x680px
>>40563096
Why?

Also bump
>>
>>40562500
>B) Don't enjoy training legs that much C) Can't have leg soreness while being at work (climbing in and out of lorries/trucks and wheel loaders) because it'll be too much stress.

You're a pussy. I climb in and out of 60+ Busses 120 - 240x a day 5 weeks and i do heavy squats 3 times a week minimum.

Deal with it!
>>
Do a push-pull split every other day with low volume (pyramid 60%-80%-90% + 2x6 work sets) and 1 move per muscle group. Three to four moves per workout. You'll make decent gains without getting sore. Do conditioning on off days (medium intensity loaded carries, sled pushing, rowing machine, assault bike, battle ropes and all the meme stuff like medicine balls and light kettlebell stuff.)
>>
>>40562500
>He says that I am a fucking retard and can't train for shit

He's right about that, at least. You stay sore because you're a lazy piece of shit doing like 50% of the work of an actual split, plus

>(I've been training on and off)

You have to be consistent to get progress. And a halfway non-retarded routine goes a long way.

Full body three times a week is good. The best if you're a beginner.

Push/Pull/Legs is good if you're lifting six times a week, like PPLxPPL.

Just doing two upper body days and one leg day a week is stupid if you're trying to get bigger and stronger.
>>
>>40563468
sorry, should have put one more rest day in the PPL schedule
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.