[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've finally decided to fix my squat form. For the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: how-to-squat.jpg (40KB, 360x465px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-squat.jpg
40KB, 360x465px
I've finally decided to fix my squat form. For the last 2 years, I've been squatting above parallel and it's starting to piss me off that I dont have an accurate label for how much I can really squat

So my issue is I can't reach parallel without my lower back rounding, and that would eventually lead to serious problems later down the line which I'm trying to avoid. Right now, the depth I can reach is maybe pic related with 3pl8.

What would help me hit parallel or even ATG without rounding my back ? Do I need to work on my mobility for something ? I should also say that I have really long femurs (22", I'm 5'11) so I know that that doesn't help in squats, but I should at least be able to safely hit parallel.
>>
>>40552881
Do you do highbar? Try switching to lowbar. Watch mark rippetoe's how to lowbar squat on YouTube for pointers.
>Hip
>DRAAAHVE
>>
>>40552899
Yeah, I do highbar. Bar pretty much rests on my traps. I tried doing lowbar while fucking around a few months ago but I don't think I could get the form right. I did like 3 with 135 and my back was killing me when I finished.
>>
>>40552923
Try fucking around with it some more, maybe with just the bar for awhile. My shoulders used to get really tense and hurt during lowbar when I switched over but it went away over time.
If you break at the hips with a slight forward lean (head neutral, nipple pointed at the ground) and drop straight down with the bar over midfoot it should be pretty easy to get to parallel and lower even.
If you're still unsure, post a form check vid of your squats in /plg/. If you go to college, they probably have NASM or ACSM certified trainers that you can use to form check you.
>>
>>40552923
probably setup with the bar too high still mine was back dominate until I started "exaggerating" getting under it.
>>
>>40552881
do goblet squats with kettlebells

really slow tempo
focus on bracing, knees out
reach into the fucking hole
stay there for second
go up

repeat for few weeks with relatively light weight
see your squat form improve a fuckton
>>
>>40553273
>focus on bracing,
how does one do this?
>>
>>40552881
if your lower back rounds on a squat you are either squatting lower than you need to, you have bad ankle mobility, or you may need to change your stance width. since the first isn't the problem and the second is very common I'd say work on stretching your ankles/calves and play around with stance width.

you could also cheat and buy squat shoes - this usually fixes it for most people immediately
>>
>>40553407
>squatting lower than you need to
aren't low bar reccomended for ATG squats?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.