[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw depressed >haven't worked out since new year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: tom.jpe.jpg (6KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
tom.jpe.jpg
6KB, 192x256px
>tfw depressed
>haven't worked out since new year eve
>slowly losing gains and getting fat
what was the longest break you took from working out?
>>
>>40552632
stop being depressed
>>
>>40552632
lol, just be happy faggot
>>
>>40552632
dont be depressed, despook yourself from the alienation and feelings of personal inadequacy that spectacle capitalism imposes on you. kill all your heroes, realize your personal relationship with God who will never leave you.

read this poem, really read it, think about it hard.
ARCHAIC TORSO OF APOLLO
Never will we know his legendary head
where the eyes’ apples slowly ripened. Yet
his torso glows as if his look were set

above it in suspended globes that shed
a street’s light down. Otherwise the surging breast
would not thus blind you, nor through the soft turn
of the loins could you feel his smile pass easily
into the bright groins where the genitals yearned.

Otherwise this stone would not be so complete,
from its shoulder showering body into absent feet,
or seem as sleek and ripe as the pelt of a beast;

nor would that gaze be gathered up by every surface
to burst out blazing like a star, for there’s no place
that does not see you. You must change your life.

apollo without his head and his legs, a cracked and destroyed statue is still complete. why arent you?
>>
>>40552632
Stopped for 2 years, initially because of shoulder injury, then started working, then uni and just got lazy. I'm back at it and i'm down like 6kg, while body fat is up 5%. Back at it tho, quit smoking and drinking, daily cardio and clean bulk for 5 months now and i'm bouncing back.
>>
>>40552652
>stop being depressed
>>40552674
>just be happy
>>40552720
>dont be depressed

Are you fucking kidding me. It's like saying "JUST go ahead and deadlift a 1000 lbs bb".
>>
>>40552833
No, it's like saying go to the gym and deadlift as much is you can. Whether that is 3 pl8 or 1 pl8 you gotta start somewhere. Having a shitty woe is me attitude will get you nowhere, in lifting or life.

tldr; stop being a whiny crybaby faggot
>>
>>40552632
I stopped mid-December and started back again 2 weeks ago. Feel strong, but numbers aren't even close to what I was lifting before.
Why are you depressed, anon?
>>
>>40552833
There's a difference between

"I'm depressed and everything sucks and it feels that way forever"

and

"Right now I'm feeling depressed but I recognize it's a temporary feeling. I'm depressed for the moment, but I'm going to set a routine so that when I stop being depressed it will be harder to fall back into depression. And who knows, maybe the routine I set will help my depression."

Don't worry man. Just try to go the gym, even do a push up if you don't go. You'll feel better after doing a single push up, trust me.
>>
>>40552873
Lost my job, my only friend died and plenty other issues accumulated that pretty much destroyed me. I'll try to get back into lifting weights again.
>>
>>40552632
breh
do cardio
doesn't magically cure depression, but definitely helps
stay strong b
>>
6 years. broke my arm during handball, just started recently. hurt myself skiing, has been over 1 month since I started. it sucks but I wait till im 100% fit again, the risk of injuring myself badly is not worth it
>>
>>40552632
Are you still paying for your membership?
>>
>>40552632
>what was the longest break you took from working out?

2 years
1 year out of depression, other out of laziness

lost all my gains, became an skeleton

honestly you should just bear with it like a zombie, as dropping from lifting will cause you to look worse and thus even more depressed.
>>
Started lifting again this year after 6-7 years off.
10kilos heavier than I used to be and weaker too. Benching 65kg for reps where I used to do 110kg
Feels pretty good to be working out again though and I have more muscle than when I first started out
>>
>>40552632
I feel for you, OP. My best piece of advice is to not rely on motivation.
I myself struggle with depression and anxiety, and I always have this feeling of dread in the morning. Everything I have to do in the day just sort of weighs on me, and it feels really suffocating. The last thing I feel at 5:45 in the morning is motivated to go lift or do cardio.
But that's the thing. I don't rely on motivation. I just sort of go because that's what I do, and that's what my lifestyle is. I may feel like shit deep down, but I'm still heading to the gym.
I'm in no ways trying to imply that you're lazy, just trying to provide a different perspective in the hopes of helping you out.
>>
>>40554152
This OP,
it works, you just got to do it, because you know it's what you should do. It's tough but it's a step in the right direction and you get used to it and form a habit which is healthy.
Good Luck Anon, We'll all make it!
>>
>>40552970
This.
I was feeling pretty shitty this morning and hadn't worked out in about 5 days.
So I went to the gym this afternoon and did shoulders and back.
I felt good as fuck, senpai.
>>
>>40552833
it's not the same thing. i want to kill myself but i still pick myself up and go to the gym every day. fuck you weakling
>>
>>40552632
9 months also due to depression, 2 months in I started doing heroin and oh boy that was a mistake. Sober and lifting for 6 months again now. Inwas at the stata I left off at within 2,5 months and I fucked up my health pretty bad beforehand.
I understand you are depressed anon but if you want to get out of it and heal you have got to work on it. It could be you aren't ready yet and still need some time. Which is, cobtrary to what most people think and say, fine. But you have to try as best as you can, if you can't do something or fail dont worry about it. At one point you will be able to do it again and wont fail.
Just start bit by bit, start with taking care of yourself first before even thinking off doing anything else. Try to get good, regulated sleep, eat something, clean yourself and your living area and try to lift. Excercising will help regulate your hormones and hasten your revovery.
At the moment you are sick, treat it as such by taking care of yourself and giving yourself time to recover.
Hope you get well soon anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.