[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About 3 1/2 years ago I had a lot of neck pain and had an MRI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Dollarphotoclub_73607640.jpg (2MB, 2974x2974px) Image search: [Google]
Dollarphotoclub_73607640.jpg
2MB, 2974x2974px
About 3 1/2 years ago I had a lot of neck pain and had an MRI which showed a bulging disc in my neck. The pain did go over time and flares up now and then.

Part of my treatment was some Physio and varies exercises. I noticed during this period that my ears got plugged and they then bothered me for about a year and long after I stopped doing exercise.

I have now got myself a Personal Trainer and had my first session with her two days ago and my ears are plugged again. I googled this and there a few people saying they experience a similar thing with exercise.

My question is, do any of you, what is it, how do you get it to stop ? I'm so gutted as I want to get fitter and stronger but I cannot stand how my ears feel. :(
>>
Bump, Hellllp please.
>>
I've never heard of this... It maybe how your breathing during your lifting? Like when you brace yourself and hold your breath, you ma be forcing air into your tunes that run from the back of your throat to your inner ears, thus causing the plugged up feeling.
>>
Tubes***
>>
Sorry for all the previous spelling errors, typing from my phone.

I sometimes have plugged ears just randomly. What I do to fix it is sort of "flex" the back upper portion of my throat where the tubes are. It's difficult to explain the muscles involved to cause the flexing action but it's somewhat similar to the flexing action you do when you swallow something.

Just a personal tip. I would not recommend plugging you nose and blowing like some people say to do. That made the stuffed up feeling way worse for me
>>
>>40541189
I'm resisting the temptation to do this as I did do that a few years ago and I'm certain with me doing that and putting cotton buds in just made it worse. I know its nothing serious but it is just annoying.
>>
>>40541125
Yep I have read online people have said this but they seem to say it is during exercise or straight after but clears. Mine seems to linger on but I will speak to my PT and see if she can offer any advice and help me to get my breathing technique better.
>>
>>40540356
does it feel like landing as if you were on a plane?

Valsalva Manoeuvre may help (plugging your nose and blowing),

Safest thing to do is to chew gum, yawn, swallow, blow your nose and use salt water to help with congestion
>>
>>40542700
As for the cause I have no idea; do you hold your breath when lifting? Thats not the right thing to do, you need to keep breathing naturally.

Going way out on a limb here but your nerve activating your Eustachian Tube muscles may be squeezed somewhere along your neck (preventing it from activating the muscles) if you tell me this never happened before your neck pain.

Anyways all the tips are still valid whatever the cause is, and if this REALLY bothers you, see a neurologist or an ENT (hope you're not american)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.