[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been determined to sign up to gym for months >get a job,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1462118608519.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462118608519.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>been determined to sign up to gym for months
>get a job, saved up some money, now i can afford it
>only gyms around me are planet fitness (lol)
>a rec center (cheap member ship, one time payment, BUT NO FUCKING SQUAT RACK REEE)
>and New York Sports Club
>24 hour fitness, which would have been amazingly convenient closed down
>so NYSC it is then
>Have it set up to start on Monday, following up on Wednesday, then Friday
>work all day thursday and sunday so I needed to make sure those were rest days
>just before I get to begin boss says LOL i need you to work monday all day too now
>so I get out at 9 (typically later, so like 9:30) on mondays and thursdays now, and gym closes at 11 monday-thursday, great
>try to get there as fast as possible to sign up and get a workout in
>guys who sign you up for the gym leave before 9, gym closes in another hour
>mad
>fine, I guess I'll go tomorrow
>had a little sniffle from getting caught in the rain like 2 days before, didn't think much of it
>went to sleep at like 4 am but its ok I'm off anyway so I can just sleep as much as I need
>wake up today, 4 hours of fucking sleep, nose clogged, chest congested, head feeling dense and i want to kill myself
>don't know if it's safe to even try and lift weights in this condition

What a load of shit. I don't know what to do, I'm tired of putting it off till the next day over and over again. Do I still go and workout through it?
Am I meant to never make it?
>>
>>40537731
bamp
>>
Get your work shit in order first, talk to your boss. Once you have a more defined schedule going forward, plan out your gym time. Maybe go before work? You gotta grind, man. I see so many people drop because of "work-life balance", dont be one of them
>>
>>40537921
I already got that figured out. I got unlucky yesterday because i had to SIGN UP first and they weren't there, I would have been able to work out if I already had the membership.
Then I wake up today and I feel like HORSESHIT, I'm fucking sick and sleep deprived. I don't know if I should still lift in this condition and try to rest better after. I don't wanna delay going to the gym AGAIN.
Do I workout through this shitty state?
>>
Cancel membership and build a home gym?

Idk

Go before work?

I work 10 hrs a day, 40-50 hours a week manual labour and still get to the gym
>>
>>40538022
read
>>40538002
>>
Just build a home gym then. $100-200 rack, $200-300 barbell, $30 pull up bar. Done.
>>
>>40538038
I will work out sleep deprived, you won't be happy with what you lift though. But that's the point, encourages you to get an extra hour of sleep etc

Listen to your body

Also you may not realize how tired you are until you get there, have at least a protein shake before you go but if you can eat something solid its preferred. You'll have to wait longer before going to the gym if you eat solids though (at least 30 mins, closer to an hour)
>>
>>40538064
Links to equipment you guys have confirmed as being legit?
>>
>>40538069
Definitely gonna eat something solid, I'm fucking hungry already. So you think it's a good idea to just push through and start out all fucked up?

This will be day 1 of going to the gym so either way I'd be keeping things lighter.
>>
>>40538123
But god damn I'm sitting here fucking yawning every other 10 minutes, begging to be able to sleep again. But once I'm up I'm up, I can't just "nap".
Anything I can do to feel more ALIVE?
>>
>>40538123
Yea for sure if you're just starting, since you're on fit in guessing you're doing a SS style workout. If you can take your time. If I could go back and tell my self I would, I rushed warmups, I rushed my early weeks.

Its a compound based program and building a strong foundation is how you'll gain strength. Spend the whole hour with the bar if you want to feel the movements.

Also look into accessories early on (facepulls for rear Delta, pull ups/chin ups, dips, some up back work)
>>
>>40538167
Caffeine pills, coffee
>>
Yes I am doing SS, not a complete beginner to the gym, however. And alright.
I'm also concerned about power cleans, because I've never done them. Primarily I'm concerned with form, and space to even practice in.
>>40538194
fuk no. I'd rather take a slap to the face.
>>
Anyone else experienced working out sick/sleep deprived?
>>
bumperino
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.