[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I don't know if this is the best place for this, so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: basic_blood_pressure_chart.png (21KB, 680x470px) Image search: [Google]
basic_blood_pressure_chart.png
21KB, 680x470px
Okay, I don't know if this is the best place for this, so I'll keep it short and simple:
I've started cutting back my overall intake and have been looking into eating healthier.
However, there is one big issue I want to tackle along with this:
BLOOD PRESSURE
To give a bit of background, I'm 19, about 5'10" and currently weigh between 215-220 pounds, obese, not sugarcoating it. I've checked a couple of those machines that, at least if you're in America, can both check your weight and your blood pressure. Kind of like those things you see in pharmacies, but a bit fancier. Well I checked my blood pressure and, while my heartrate is normal, thank god, I have High blood pressure, 139 systolic if I recall. So my main priority right now is to cut that down as soon as possible. Heres what I know so far:
>What to cut back on:
Bread
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Oil
Cheese
Bread
Salt
Fried Food
Trans-Fats
I already don't smoke, an I don't drink coffee
>What to have more of:
Blueberries
Pomegranates
Apples and Bananas (I already eat these)
Vegetables
Fish
Lots and Lots of Water
>Other Things
Lots of Sleep
Light Exercise
Generally following the sticky (of course)
What I want from you:
Any thing else to cut back on/add to my diet, any specific vegetables
Recommended exercises and tips
Thank you for your time.
>>
>>40534314
start drinking "From the mother" apple cider vinegar.

Don't do it longer than 2 weeks or it'll shove you into hypotension though.

Also, red beet juice/powder/whole(I forget) helps with blood pressure too.
>>
>>40534351
How much vinegar should I drink a day? Should I do it for the 2 weeks exclusively or are there intervals?
>>
Jesus Christ I rather die, I have high blood pressure too but you can't fucking drink coffee? What the point of living if I have to drop everything yet I don't smoke or drink. Fuck my genetics
>>
>>40534368
Cmon, don't be like that. Caffeine patches exist, don't they? Although I don't think that would help either...
>>
>>40534367
You'll have to look it up a bit, I'd say about a teaspoon a day dissolved in water. IIRC(might be wrong about it, look it up) it does make your body slightly alkaline.

But like I said, don't go longer than two weeks, I'm pulling this shit from off the top of my head, so again-

LOOK IT UP.
>>
>>40534400
Just looked it up:
2 tablespoons into a glass of water. It also recommended honey or lemon be added into it for flavor.
Thank you.
>>
>>40534383
Man fuck that I've cut out most but I need my coffee, it's the only thing I drink beside water that I enjoy.
>>
>>40534422
I understand how you feel. My sister can't go through the morning without 2 Monsters and half a pack of cigarettes.
She's not exactly in the best place healthwise.
>>
>>40534419
Also like to add in my own opinion-

Drink it without flavor, I don't know what it is, but it's pretty good.
>>
>>40534440
Alright. I'll keep the honey and lemon aside just in case though.
>>
>>40534314
Lose weight and do cardio. Doing 30 minutes of LISS a few times a week will decrease your blood pressure even without weight loss.

You also need to lose at least 30 lbs, unless you happen to have a 1,200+ total already.

Do this, your blood pressure will normal in a couple months. Weight loss and exercise are the most effective treatment for hypertension. More so than ACEIs, ARBs, CCBs, or thiazides.
>>
>>40534314
I consume large amounts of spicy food and fish oil to pass out from low blood pressure in the evenings.

t. heavy tobacco and caffeine user who always has perfect or slightly low blood pressure when measured and a slightly high heart rate. I'm around 13% bf right now though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.