[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyperextended my elbow. How long should I stop lifting for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: TotalFratMoveBoulder.jpg (156KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
TotalFratMoveBoulder.jpg
156KB, 1024x607px
Hyperextended my elbow.

How long should I stop lifting for? I tried the other day and it hurt.

It only seems to hurt pretty bad on pulling motions, whereas it just has a slight ache during anything pushing.
>>
Lift through it. Inactivity will prolong the injury.
>>
>>40530026
>cheerleader effect photo
Literally all of them are disgusting individually
>>
>>40530026
How? I'm scared now.
>>
>>40530060
>>40530060
>>40530060
is there any truth to something like this? seems completely retarded
>>
>>40530086
unironically holding on to those danging handles in the bus while the bus driver decided to screech to a stop at a yellow light.

jerked all my moment while I held on to the handle so not to fall
>>
>>40530102
It's what my chiropractor tells me anytime I'm injured. He's a sports medicine guy, works for pro and college teams.

>TLDR you're a fucking pussy
>>
>>40530115
You'll be fucking fine
>>
>>40530102
Yes but low weight and lots of very careful stretching.
>>
>>40530134
>chiropractor

ah so your fake doctor tells you this? hmm seems legit

>>40530150
Its not the pain. I just don't want to pro-long an injury

I mean its been 2 weeks and it still stings. Its possible I did something worse to it as a I heard a loud pop
>>
>>40530068
and they're still out of your league.

>>40530102
no. this guy is fucking retarded. you can lift extremely light weights, but don't go full blown. everyone on this forum will call you a pussy cause 95% of them have never experienced a real injury.

actually go ahead and listen to these dumbfucks and take the chance of seriously injuring yourself.
>>
>>40530179
yeah shocked by the feedback honestly.

everyone is telling me to just fight through it. seems like the complete opposite thing I should be doing
>>
Just tried a pullup and its stinging like a bitch

Again, its not like Im in too much pain to keep going, but it seems like my body is telling me to stop
>>
>>40530243
Don't fucking do it you retard.
>legit advice

Also see your doctor and get professional advice going forward if you're serious about lifting
>>
>>40530026
First mobilize, then low weight, high rep hammer curls. Controlled movements. You basically want to get blood flowing in the area, which will speed up the healing process. Slight pain is okay, anything beyond and you stop then and there.

Also time to train legs more. Overextended elbows aren't that bad though, just make sure it heals properly.

t. someone who sees overextended elbows very regularly due to Judo and BJJ
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.