[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is rowing the best compound exercise and why aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: rowtheboat.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
rowtheboat.gif
3MB, 480x270px
why is rowing the best compound exercise and why aren't you doing it?
>>
Hey, I agree
>>
>>40512191
I am. I just do it with a barbell, on my feet, because I'm not a fat lazy dyel.
>>
yeah, barbell rows and heavy dumbbell rows (kinda Kroc-style) are pretty much perfect exercises
>>
I started doing rows for my cardio and warm up. Keep the fly wheel at five and try to maintain 2:30-2:45 500 m split. Just remember legs - arms - arms - legs.
>>
>>40512510
>(kinda Kroc-style)
This term has been officially terminated due to excessive trans faggotry
>>
File: George Mirrinza.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
George Mirrinza.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
I do agree, rowing is a fucking awesome but hard exercise to perform.

That and swimming at full speed.
>>
>>40512913
A 2:30 on the 5 setting could barely be called a warm up for anyone. Apply yourself.
>>
I row everyday and it's literally the GOAT of machines. I've been trying to get my 2k down below 7:46, but I keep slowing down around 1100m in.
>>
>>40512191

Because i do snatch grip upright rows.
>>
>>40514132
at what should resistance be at?
>>
>>40514178
What are your 500m splits looking like?
>>
>>40514243
My split times are normally around 1:52. I can go 1:40s but not for too long, and 1:30s are just death
>>
how come my right arm has trouble doing one arm dumbell row but my left arm doesnt?
im a righty
what did my body mean by this?
>>
>>40512191
I do pullups instead
>>
File: 1488075505799.jpg (39KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1488075505799.jpg
39KB, 396x385px
I fucking hate my gym's rowing machines, not because they're annoying, but because no one else knows how to use them. There's a lever that you need to toggle to change the machine's resistance, which is independent of the resistance counter on the digital display (used really just to tabulate calories/watts/etc), but no one has ever fucking touched the levers in all the times I've been on them. The resistance on the digital display actually goes all the way up to 30 even though the lever can only be set to 20.

So I sit down on that fucking rowing machine after lifting, throw the lever to "20" and set the digital counter to "20" to start my cardio, turning into a sweaty, puffing mess by the five minute mark. Invariably, some middle aged faggot will come and sit down on the machine next to me, set the display to "30" with the lever stuck at "5" and start ripping the cord like he's trying to start a fucking Beyblade.

This shouldn't make me as mad as it does.
>>
>>40512191
kek that fat fuck is gonna snap his shit up. people who use the erg but have no idea what they're doing make me cringe. i see it all the time at my gym
>>
>>40512191
Doesn't doing it like that kill your lower back? I don't see why you wouldn't be susceptible to disc slip
>>
>>40514942
this is actually from a video of him breaking the 100m world record. let that shit sink in.
>>
>>40514942
>>40515070
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys
>>
>>40514178

Do 500m x 4 sprints with one minute rest once every three days then 5k on the other days keeping a constant split of less then 2 mins

You should get there in a few weeks if you put the effort in.
>>
>>40515070
What the fuck, how can someone break a world record on a machine, holy Kek.

Let me guess, the whole number of participants for this world record is him + a few of his friends?
>>
>>40515192
>not knowing brian shaw
>talking shit about him
fuck off you dyel
>>
>>40515192
Wtf whole sport of rowing btfo now
>>
File: Baaahahaha...ah.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Baaahahaha...ah.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>40514216
TEN! It's pretty easy to be honest
>>
lmao /fit/ rips skinny ergos
>>
>>40514337
It's because your dominant arm is actually more useful stabilizing your body for leverage when your weak arm is pulling the weight, than if your weak arm is stabilizing your body while your dominant arm pulls the weight
>>
>>40514885
they probably think you are a weak faggot struggling so hard at 20 resistance.
>>
>>40512510
Ok, i am quite new into lifting but how do i do these without destroying my back
>>
>>40514178
Similar times as you, easiest way to get better times is to do HIIT for 10km.
>>
>>40514125

>being a swimlet
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.