[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, lets settle this once and for all. >What is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Alright, lets settle this once and for all.

>What is the proper way to hit Lateral (Side) Delts during Lateral Raises?

We all know the key to growth is high volume with low weight, but what is the proper technique/form?

>Internal Rotation?
>External Rotation?
>Neutral?

Which one isolates the most? Everyone seems to do these differently, who is right?
>>
>>40498659
neutral but some people like to internally rotate
externally rotating is just wrong and does not completely isolate the lateral portion of the deltoid
>>
>>40498672

That's what I gathered, also everyone I've seen doing external rotation are using too much weight and are swinging their body into it.

>1/4 good morning lateral raises.
>>
>>40498659
Lateral raises are OK but I prefer Arnold press for shoulders.
>>
>>40498659
>what is the proper technique/form?
The one that doesn't fuck up your shoulders.
>>
>>40498687
I get a much better pump when I have to swing just a little bit, should I still stop?
>>
>>40498672
if you bend over a bit, you can externally rotate while still hitting lateral delts
>>
I externally rotate them

I use extremely light weight and 15 reps or more, and I try to hold them in the top position for a little between reps

I don't care about isolating the medial head though, I lean forward a bit so it hits the rear delt too

Sometimes I don't even do them because my shoulders are too fried from presses
>>
>>40501340
>medial head
lateral*
>>
>>40498659
The proper way is to focus on bringing the dumbbell as far away from your body as possible and stopping when your arm and shoulders are parallel. Beyond that I don't think it matters that much.
>>
>>40498659
Internally rotating or even neutral can put shoulders into an impingement position l, externally rotating while leaning forward to keep the medial delt doing the majority of the work is the safest way to complete the exercise
>>
>>40502119
Middle not medial*
>>
>>40502147
ANTERIOR DELTOID

LATERAL DELTOID

POSTERIOR DELTOID

FUCKING PICK UP A BOOK
>>
>>40502196
reading is for fags
>>
>>40502252
I SAID TO PICK IT UP, NOT READ IT YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE FAGGOT
>>
>>40502271
kek
>>
>>40498659
High volume with low weights.. what?

Just do it like any other fucking muscle dude,

3-4x8 on a moderately heavy weight.. that is the key to growth.. or 3-4x8-12 on w.e weight you can squeeze them out on not breaking form.

Also Scott has a good video on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcKaXpzqRo
>>
Pullups, behind the neck pullups, OHP.
>>
>>40501334
If you can actually hit your delts better that way keep going.
>>
>>40501894
Beyond that point it's and unnatural movement and hurts your shoulder
>>
>>40503403
No, those are called overhead raises (or Lu raises).
>>
File: fecal-syndrome.jpg (45KB, 432x489px) Image search: [Google]
fecal-syndrome.jpg
45KB, 432x489px
>>40502271
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.