[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /fit/ so I leaned how to cook at home as a child then I worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: biddies.jpg (1MB, 2200x2247px) Image search: [Google]
biddies.jpg
1MB, 2200x2247px
Ok /fit/ so I leaned how to cook at home as a child then I worked a number of restaurant jobs after school. I always thought everyone knew how to cook. Untill I found /fit/ and saw people fail to take the most basic of steps to make food edible. I thought this couldn't be real until after a couple years of uni I realized large number people cant even figure out cup noodles with out the directions on the top ( I wish this was a joke)

Now I want to get into video production and I'm thinking about creating a cooking vlog for youtube. But Ive always liked you guys so if I do this, the vlog will be basically /fit/ themed. Unlike a lot of cooking channels that show you how to make some ridiculous artisan recipe with a bunch of ingredients that you dont have this show would focus on the very basics of making food, the essential /fit/ foods, oats, chicken tuna etc. taste better. Recipe focused shows teach you stuff that youre never gonna use again this is gonna be more of a "teach a man to fish" type of show - stuff that I leaned as a cook and used as a broke uni student. Ill show cooking and food prep techniques not recipes, How to shop for food, how to get the most out of your groceries and how and why this stuff works. Like how to make any piece of chicken now matter how you cook it taste better.

What do you guys think? Would you be interested in such a thing? Do you struggle with feeding yourself or affording to feed your self? What some questions about food that you would like answered?
>>
>>40497938
Also so that the titles not misleading, I drop some chicken knowledge for you guys
>>
If you're serious about it,please do.
I'm a broke uni student currently and I'd enjoy it
>>
please do

I ltierally just microwave & shred my chicken

food is the hardest part of lifting
>>
>>40497938
do it faggot. I'm tired of eating eggs with ketchup.
>>
Not a bad idea OP, but I came here to learn how to coik chicken and this made me none the wiser.
>>
>>40497946
first thing about chicken, well really about all food is prep. Chicken is a meat, obviously, and the biggest component to making meat edible is composition/ or texture. Even is chicken is unseasoned and band its still edible. But it its dried out, un-chewable, stringy or fukin rubber like, your fucked

there's 3 ways to vastly improve the texture quality of meat

1 - brine and/or marinade

2 - tenderize

3 - cook time

The first two are prep related so that's were ill start
>>
Bump I'm making my next 4 days meals. What can ya impart
>>
>>40498033
>I ltierally just microwave & shred my chicken
Nigga get a George Foreman grill. Its $20.
>>
File: Joule-Sous-Vide.jpg (23KB, 750x440px) Image search: [Google]
Joule-Sous-Vide.jpg
23KB, 750x440px
this is all you need
>>
>>40498071
I'm getting there anon

>>40498077

1. brines and marinades

Easyiest thing to do ist brine youre chicken. you cant fucking go worng on this step and its super easy to do. Brines use salt to pull moisture into meat and lot it there. At its base brines are just salt water

basic brine for chicken - 5 parts water, 2 parts salt, 1 part sugar, submerge for 2 hours

the first thing you should do when you bring chicken home form the market is open that shit up wash it off and drop it a brine. you can leave it in the brine as long as you want or take it out after a 2 hours and freeze it for later it.

marinades work like brines because they tend to have salt in them to but the key component to marinades is acid. either citrus acid or vinegar. It denatures the meat fiber ands a lot of flavor. if you really cant afford to buy marinade by white vinegar and make your own at about a 5 to 1 water to vinegar ratio (be ample with sugar and spices, how the marinade taste is exactly how your chicken will taste.

*note marinades don't work well on large thick meats like a whole chicken and the longer your marinade the more it'll break down meat fibers - 12hrs is probly the max youll need but dont stress if it goes longer
>>
>>40497938
This would be a great idea. Personally, I found the hardest part to be cooking in bulk, and managing calories while cooking in very large batches.

Teaching how to shop would be great as well, and how being frugal can increase your quality of life in many ways.

Learning all of these things on my own took literal years to perfect. Now I have my macros set, my cooking done well, and an excel sheet of expenses. It's honestly improved my life a lot and sharing that would be great. I wish you luck.

Also, I don't know if you do it personally, but simple videos on how to make your own fit bread would be great. It's fun, a good forearm workout, and bitches love guys who make their own bread.
>>
>>40498033
I wouldnt suggest microwaving chicken, Ill explain cook time in this next post just for you

>>40498182

2. Tenderizing

this is the easier thing you can do, especially for chicken breast

take a piece of plastic wrap or a ziplock baggie place it over your meat and whack it flat with anything suitable. if you dont have a tenderizing mallet I've seen people use the underside edge of a frying, the back end of a knife or a heavy spoon, hell i've even used a cup before

drawback with tendrizing is that its mostly suitable for filleted strips of meat with little or no bones. u cant tenderize chicken wings or a whole chicken.

3. Cook time

this is true for all the meats - low and slow gives you tender meat. first let me tell you these two types cooking, - direct and indirect

direct heat cooking: grills, frying pans, open flame, deep frying

if you have to make your food fast use these methods

indirect - baking/roasting, smoking, broil, boil, confit and smoking (and Microwaves)

indirect cooking methods work best on low heat with long cooking time (low heat normally being 350 Fahrenheit or less). this is why Microwaves suck; its an indirect method that cooks in a matter of minutes. Bake your chicken on low heats and give it as much time as it needs, large bonier pieces need more time. Cook time is such an important controller of meat texture that u can even skip the prep I mentioned earlier and still come out with succulent meat if you just cook it for a long time at a low heat. Slow cookers/ crock pots are the perfect example of this if youve got 4-10 hours to make your food, just put it in and forget it.

I could do a whole thread on various slow cooking methods
>>
>>40498077
>>40498182
>>40498315

so to summarize everything I just said about Chicken

1. brine your chicken as soon as you get it

2. if you aint got time for that, tenderize it

3. Slow cooking methods will give you juicy chicken. but if you do one of the prep steps your chicken will come out fine if you fry or grill it

dont microwave raw chicken

these steps with work regardless of how you season or prepare your food
>>
1. get food thermometer
2. season chicken, place in oven
3. wait until middle is 165 degrees

fucking done
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.