[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never done a cut before. Should you lift less while cutting or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (30KB, 288x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 288x405px
Never done a cut before. Should you lift less while cutting or do the same amount except now with cardio? Also should you still drink protein shakes while cutting?
>>
>>40488515
>Also should you still drink protein shakes while cutting?
I would say less protein shakes and more water with protein powder in it, no milk or at the very least fat-free milk. Definitely do cardio (recommend C25K if you're new to running) to supplement your dieting to get the most out of your cut. I'm not sure if you need to lift less on your cut. Are you a beginner or...?
>>
>>40488709
Yeah I'm a bit of a beginner. I've been bulking for the past six months and I think got some decent gains, but with spring and summer coming I think it's time to cut.
>>
>>40488515
ALMOND milk in your shake or 50% water and 50% milk.
>>
>>40488515
keep lifting as heavy as you can but limit accessories and cut the useless shit out of it. basically don't do too much. if you are doing full body 3x/week just do compounds and call it a day.

get enough protein and don't lose more than 0.7% of your BW/week and you will retain most of your strength if not even gain some in addition to LBM.

before people start yelping you can't gain strength and LBM on a cut: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
>>40488515
try like hell to lift the same weights, and try like hell not to reduce volume (especially on the main lifts) if you can

don't try to do more than you were doing on a bulk during a cut - if you never did cardio on a bulk, and you suddenly add in hard cardio 3x a week on top of lifting like you already were, you will most likely break yourself

>>40488773
this, it's very possible to make gains on a cut - it's also very possible not to, though

it comes down to the individual and even the lift

i managed to make some minor bench gains and deadlift gains on a cut, but i have never been able to maintain my squat over the 5-6 cuts i've done over the 6 years i've been lifting
>>
>>40488741
keep the same routine for as long as you can.

if you are new to lifting, it is likely that you can actually still make gains, despite cutting.
>>
>>40488741

You should be fine as a beginner lifting at the same weight progression on a cut, just be careful and don't try to push your limits as much during this time. No ego lifts, now is the time for caution.
>>
>>40488515
Not op but other guy new to cutting. What should your diet be?
>>
>>40489086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mic4IELz61w
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.