[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been lifting for a few years now and only just started contemplating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Been lifting for a few years now and only just started contemplating what the fucking point of it is. The only benefit is that you look nice. Even the strongest biggest guy will look physically incompetent at a mundane task wherein he doesn't know what muscles and mechanics to use to complete it, and the skinniest guy can make him look like a fool through efficiency in movement, etc.Even the biggest swolest guy will get fucking raped by anyone who is mildly competent in a martial art. Even worse are the guys who straight up don't do cardio and bulk on horrible food. Those dudes are going to die young whilst deluding themselves into thinking they're the pinnacle of physical fitness because they look nice in a mirror. Seriously, I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, too brainwashed by /fit/ faggots I guess. If you actually want to get fit start doing a martial art, dance, manual labor, whatever. Lifting is a meme for narcissists.
>>
>>40487408
> im not even going to read this wall of shit posting, but while looking good is obviously a benefit, learning discipline and a "slow and steady" approach to accomplishing goals is valuable for life gains in general.

also no reason you can't lift and learn other physical disciplines as well.
>>
>>40487442
>learning discipline and a "slow and steady" approach to accomplishing goals is valuable for life gains in general.

That's why you should take up something like martial arts, wherein you're actually being productive, having fun, attaining skills, learning, and gaining self confidence instead of lifting heavy things off the ground for a couple reps and not building any real endurance at all just so you can look big even though you're a girly softie on the inside.
>>
File: 1436563553230.png (667KB, 821x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1436563553230.png
667KB, 821x1280px
I lift to look good for myself and as a hobby. It's great discipline and keeps me healthy.

It's fun unlike running.

Not delusional enough to believe lifting will get me girls. Wont fix my autism, and I have no desire to do a martial art where I'm forced to interact with a bunch of faggots I don't care about. I'd rather enjoy the sound of my weights slamming in to the ground all alone at 4am, thinking of nothing but the sweet embrace of my diddlys. It's calming.
>>
>>40487408
no reason why you can't get into power lifting or strongman assuming that you're decently strong
You assume that people who lift all do it as a Sisyphean task as well, which is not the case.
Anyways martial art, dance, manual labor, whatever are all also memes for narcissists in some respect friendo. Pick the memes that you like.
>>
>>40487408
Wow you have truly lifted the scales from my eyes. Im going to take up flamenco dancing and hanging drywall now to get in shape. Im also never going to shave or wear clothes that fit well because looking good is narcissistic. And its not like I enjoy making progress and getting in shape just for myself, that would be rediculous! I'm gonna have so much free time without this burden, thank you op.

Kys
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.