[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best skincare and anti-ageing routine? Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: heavy.jpg (43KB, 497x494px) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
43KB, 497x494px
What's the best skincare and anti-ageing routine? Because lets face it if your face is weathered and looks like shit no one will care about your body

Diet is obviously important, but probably most so is drinking lots of water.

Avoiding sun too, but what type of sunscreen is good?

What's the best way to avoid damage caused by shaving?

What's the deal with that black mud stuff and moisturizers?
>>
I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
File: IMG_5249.jpg (108KB, 640x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5249.jpg
108KB, 640x798px
110spf sunscreen on face + neck.

Lotion on face at night.

reintonl makes your skin make new skin cells.
>>
>>40476371
>reintonl
??
>>
File: ganondorf.png (52KB, 557x600px) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf.png
52KB, 557x600px
>>40476338
nice
>>
Honestly /r/SkinCareAddiction is awesome, they have a beginner guide as well. Cured my acne
>>
>>40476338
>exfoliating gel scrub

Your face doesn't need mechanical abrasion every day. ESPECIALLY if you're shaving daily. Get a konjac sponge and stick with your gel cleanser, and if you want some *very mild* exfoliation, use an AHA in the evenings once or twice a week (e.g. glycolic acid 10%), and for the love of god add some sunscreen (unless 'protective lotion' means a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF15, in which case, carry on).
>>
>>40476371
lol 110spf I hope you like throwing money away. Anything over 55 isn't doing anything, and you're also giving yourself risk for vitamin D deficiency unless you're at a damn low latitude. SPF15-30, 45 if you're a fucking ginger.
>>
wash your face at least once daily with a cleanser, preferably one that foams - find one that does not irritate your skin. If your skin is very dry, maybe just use water in the morning. Find a product that works for you, your skin should not feel tight after cleaning.
Pat your skin dry, don't *rub* it (I prefer microfiber towelettes to regular towels), apply moisturizer - again, something that agrees with your skin type, it should not burn or feel overly oily, etc. some people apply sunscreen, but most good everyday moisturizes have spf 15 already.
You can exfoliate, but again, if you do, don't do it mechanically (towel), but chemically, and don't do it more often than 2-3 times a week, and slowly work you way up to that.
Use a product with salicylic acid, it agrees with most people's skin and is not too harsh.

Some people don't have to cleanse twice a day (once in the morning, once before going to bed), some have better results with AM only. Find what works for you, but that's a basic guidline.
tl dr: cleanse, pat dry, moisturize, once to twice a day. Exfoliate, if you want, up to 3 times a week, use salicylic acid.
>>
>>40477117
forgot to add, more expensive is not necessarily better!
And don't fall for "MEN'S LOTION" bs, it's male insecurity tax. Plus, most of the time the fragrant stuff added to many of the "men" products can lead to skin irritation. Just because there's a lady on the box does not make you less of a man.
>>
>>40477068
>SPF15-30
That's too low. SPF50 is needed and even then people have to remember to put on amount as specified. Most are using much less coating than needed so they get only a third or half of SPF on the box.
Another issue is that it should be re-applied every 2 hours which I just don't see happening here.
>>
>>40476309
Cold showers, shey butter for face(or coconut oil). for body after a shower: mahogany Woods from bath and body works(smells like heaven)

Additionally for hair and shit: Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner, Old Spice deoderant and body wash.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.