[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unrelated pic. I'm going to be fully enlisted in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Unrelated pic. I'm going to be fully enlisted in the US Marines in two years, I need to get more fit before then. All I've been doing is 10 push-ups/sit-ups each day and night plus two mile runs every two days a week. I weigh 120 lb and 5'5"
>>
>>40474149
I have an idea. It's called... READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
>>
>>40474197
>Highschool student
Marnie recruiter gets you to sign up
>Guy doesn't give you sticky
>>
>>40474149
All you need to do for the PFT is run, pullups, and situps. I would wait until maybe 6-12 months beforehand to focus on those. For now, get overall fitness in order. Run run run. More running. Run with weights. Run in boots. Run long distances (5+ miles). Sprint short distances (5 reps of half mile sprints). Lifting weights won't help you a whole lot, but get some core strength and leg strength because you'll be walking around with a lot of weight.

About a year or less away from boot camp, I'd say start working towards the PFT and CFT. Look up the standards. Work towards meeting and EXCEEDING those standards. Run run run. Stop lifting weights and focus on bodyweight stuff. Pushups, Pullups, crunches, burpees, planks are all essential military style workouts. Buy some standard weighted ammo cans and practice for the CFT. Run some more. You'll be fine.
>>
>>40474231
You're my hero and if I get past boot camp, I'll brasie you
>>
>>40474274
You'll get past it. It sucks but you'll make it. They won't let you quit. There are fatasses who are barely able to do 5 pushups who show up to boot camp and make it. Their lives are living hell as they fail PFT after PFT, but eventually they make it after months of half portion meals in the "Pork chop platoon"
>>
>>40474300
Thanks, this takes a lot of stress out of it.
>>
>>40474222
Marnie.
I lol'd
>>
You're a fucking retard for enlisting, OP. Go to fucking college. Of course you won't do that though. You'll remember this post 2 years from now when you're cold and miserable in 29 palms doing firewatch while all your friends back home are lifting and getting laid.
>>
>>40474465
I'm from 29palms. I can guarantee he won't be "cold". Miserable? Abso-fucking-lutely, but not cold.
>>
>>40474149
Passing the bare minimum is a fucking joke

Being strong enough to actually live in your pack without wanting to kill yourself is not

Go look up what the average marine has to wear daily, then go stand in 40 degree weather wearing that shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.