[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you do right in your first > day > week > month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: waifu please dont steal.jpg (111KB, 356x678px) Image search: [Google]
waifu please dont steal.jpg
111KB, 356x678px
What did you do right in your first
> day
> week
> month
at the gym? What did you fuck up on?
>>
>>40471140
Did right: Went to the gym
Did wrong: Almost everything else
>>
>>40471160
>Did wrong: Almost everything else
Don't just leave us hanging, anon
>>
>>40471140
I fucked up everything. Still fucking up, but still at it.
>>
>>40471140
>focused on technique and form
>barely got stronger for 6 months
>oh well i'm making decent progress now
>>
I fucked up and did a bro split for 3 fucking years with almost no progress, especially compared to the full body I switched to. Hitting every muscle group three times a week has made my strength and aesthetics absolutely explode over the past year and a half.

Of course everyone's body is different
>>
My first month I followed a good routine, went every day , trained hard and consistently and ate like a horse.

In 3 months I gained 15lbs of muscle. My bench went from 100lbs to 165lbs and I was so proud when I put those 30 kgs on each side of the bar ( not olympic). I was really happy, I gained 2 inches in my arms.

What did I do wrong? Not much really. I trained hard but with focus. Drop sets, everything. I trained every day, never skipped, ate a bunch. It was a great time, adding weight to my exercises every single workout....sigh
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Varying amounts of 3 or 4 arm exercises I think

My first 3 months at the gym consisted of almost nothing but

>Curl
>Flye
>Tricep Extension

Makes me cringe thinking about it
>>
>>40471524
whats your routine now?
>>
I fucked up taking Mehdi's advice and starting SL with literally the bar on all exercises, going up by 5/10 lbs on upper/lower body lifts. Took weeks to lift a reasonable weight.
>>
>>40471524
Same. Except for 3 years I pretty much just fucked around going to random machines and just having no clue what I was doing.

The best thing I ever did was actually doing research, building a routine, and overall just gathering as much information about lifting as possible.
>>
>>40471140
Why do you care?
>>
File: SS.jpg (272KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
272KB, 1200x1200px
>>40471140

right: went to gym consistently. Did SS (questionnable)

wrong: stayed too long on SS trying to make the noob gains "last longer" when I should've moved on after my lifts stalled so early
>>
>>40471140
Hot pic
>>
>>40471140
What did you do right in your first:
>day
Good: I got out there and exercised and got started.
Bad: Didn't realize the importance of diet, ate like shit and felt like shit the next day.
>week
Good: Bought "healthier" food at the grocery
Bad: Didn't pay attention to macros or calories, just bought lots of fruit and shit.
>month
Good: Started doing C25K and SL, paid more attention to macros and avoiding high sugar food.
Bad: Still ate too many calories even without the high sugar content.

I'm still fucking it up. I started this month on Feb 1st, 3 weeks later and I still weight the exact same and don't really notice a difference in clothes fitting. I'm not giving up, but holy fuck is it discouraging.
>>
BBBBBRRRAAPPPTTT
>>
>>40471140
>day
Was just doing curls and pull ups, basically nothing else because I had access to nothing else. Made sick gains in one arm, dunno why the other didnt make any gains maybe hes temperamental.
>week
Did the same as above
>month
Switched to PPLPPL, got a wide range of DBs, Bench and a frame for pull ups/dips, now iv gone from skeleton to skeleton with maybe a muscle under there

In terms of fucking myself up though I did too many curls in the start and fucked up my elbow for a week. Then did too much trap exercises and fucked up my neck. Both healed now, probably fine until I fuck up something else.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.