[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> be me, today, leg day > go to gym with fat friend that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: yummy.jpg (82KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
82KB, 500x750px
> be me, today, leg day
> go to gym with fat friend that wants to loose weight
> he's gone a few times before me, and lifted in highschool, so he's not completely incompetent
> I'm increasing weight on squats, get to 365, tell him make sure he's spotting me(first time back in gym, feel a little nervous)
> get my 3 reps in, go to rerack, and he fucking grabs one side and racks it. I'm not even close enough to rack the other side, so now said side is crushing my fucking shoulder but I manage to rack it on a lower peg.
> Think I got a shoulder injury, shits killing.

So, /fit/, I will never go to the gym again with this fucking idiot. But he was my only lifting partner, unfortunately.

Got any tips on lifting heavy without a spotter?
>>
>>40469804
>squatting with a spotter
>firing your neurons over how to squat on your own

it's called a fucking rack/cage and safeties.
>>
>>40469804
Just use safety bars
Jesus he's a moron, but maybe he just got nervous and didn't know what to do.
Show him how to spot properly
>>
>>40469804
> he's gone a few times before *with* me
>>
>>40469804
What are you squatting 365 for?
I never understood these turbo autists who squat over 225lbs and don't even do any sort of powerlifting contest
The strength is useless
You will never need to squat more than 225lbs in real life situations and even 225 would be rare as fuck
>>
>>40469826
>>40469831
The shitty gym I go to doesn't have a nice squat rack with safety bars. I mean, there's safety bars, but they're literally at my knees and cannot be moved to a higher setting
>>
>>40469862
Being strong is advantageous. 225 is not enough if you want to be useful in many manual labour situations, you pencil pusher.
>>
>>40469862
>What are you squatting 365 for?
Lul, are you serious bro?

>implying I don't contest

>The strength is useless
No, anon, I can assure you the strength is far from useless. The looks without the strength is useless. I pity you little faggots that can't stop looking in the mirror curling 15lb DBs all day; it's cute.
>>
>>40469804
Well the obvious thing to do is tell your spotter how you want him to spot you. If you're completely determined to not do that, then you just have to be super careful whenever you're nearing your limits. Maybe use bumbers when you're squatting so you can dump it behind you like oly lifters do. Learning the roll of shame can also be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
>>
>>40469902
> 225 is not enough if you want to be useful in many manual labour situations, you pencil pusher.
lmao that's not true at all ive been blue collar most my life until recently
>>
>>40469873
>but they're literally at my knees
Then squat lower you retarded faggot.
>>
File: neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg (27KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
neil-degrasse-tyson.jpg
27KB, 308x308px
>lifting properly for a year
>friend wants to start looking better
>comes with me to gym
>explain how important sleep is
>explain how important diet is
>teach basic lifts (squat, ohp, bench press, deadlift etc), give basic routine
>always texting me at 2 a.m. asking me to come play minecraft like I used to
>eats shit as usual, no calorie counting but buys diet versions of sodas and eats protein bars
>switches to just using machines with some routine he found on youtube
>>
>>40470322
the moral of the story is that not everyone makes it.
>>
>>40470169
No shit, ass to the grass. The problem is re-racking. I'm not gonna fucking rack the weight at the safety bars each set, you retarded faggot.
>>
>>40470471
... then squat the weight up and rack at the pins?

what the fuck are you talking about?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.