[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I think I may have hurt myself. Every time I squat with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: UaClROM.jpg (20KB, 195x224px) Image search: [Google]
UaClROM.jpg
20KB, 195x224px
Okay so I think I may have hurt myself. Every time I squat with decent weight I get some pain in my hip in front. Im fine throughout the day until I squat, after which the pain will be slight for the rest of the day. I feel it when im going down, parallel, and coming back up. I also feel it when I swing my leg back and try to lift my knee up. Does anyone here know what it could be? Ill probably go see someone about it, but was hoping to at least get ideas of what it could be first.

Pic related is around the area i feel it
>>
Same here, no idea what causes it. I stretch often, warm up correctly and open up my hips when squatting but nothing helps
>>
I had this. You probaby have apt, aka sticking your ass out constantly. Take steps to fix it.
>>
>>40469698
How long has it been for you? Ive had it for about 3 weeks. At first I thought it was brcause I was sore, since I barely came about after months of not lifting, but its the only thing that has stuck.
>>
>>40469632
tight iliopsoas group probably.
>>
>>40469748
About a week
>>40469741
Nah, I used to have a bit of apt but even then I didn't have this issue. It's only on one side though
>>
>>40469632
It sounds like the pain is coming from your hip adductors.
I found that doing sumo deadlifts really helped with my adductor pain.
You could just be really tight in that area, though. Try doing stretches for your hip adductors.
>>
>>40469872
Thanks anon
>>
>>40469632
https://b-reddy.org/2012/10/08/you-shouldnt-stretch-your-hip-flexors-if-you-have-hip-pain/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn5MabicexY
>>
>>40469632
https://youtu.be/cKFMLdoMAUs
Do video related. I had the same problem but I actually was limping for the whole day after squatting. I took a week off and then started doing this before every squat workout and the pain went away.
>>
File: tumblr_o8d4g71QXr1u6jismo5_1280.jpg (62KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8d4g71QXr1u6jismo5_1280.jpg
62KB, 605x605px
>>40469632
>>40469698
I used to have it but fixed it.

Stretch after you use your legs. ALWAYS.

And warm up with this goodmorning-squat thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_U6jzleWI&t=108s

shit got cured right away after I started with this warmup
>>
>>40470012
which stretch after you used them ?
>>
File: asdgasdfasd.jpg (301KB, 1150x700px) Image search: [Google]
asdgasdfasd.jpg
301KB, 1150x700px
>>40470031
death stretches - put knee up against wall and try to lean back while pushing hips forward

and the frog/lotus stretch, pic related, push your knees to the ground.

those are the ones I do for hip flexors+quads
>>
>>40469632
Had same problem. Got progressively worse until the pain was almost all the time. Took two weeks off and then started stretching hip flexors. Look into hip flexor stretches (there's one I do that looks like an exaggerated lunge), and do those. Problem should be gone in no time. You have tight hip flexors.
>>
Last time i suggested hip flexors and adductors the idea was shut down immediately. If you had hip impingement you would know because there would be pain in every movement.

I still stand by what i said about the flexors and to a lesser degree adductors. Get yourself a foam roller and roll out those flexors after a session.

I still get sore flexors after squatting every now and then, usually when i skimp out on the warmup. Usually taking 30 - 40 % of my working weight and really slowing down the squat helps. With a light weight i take ten times as long to get up and down again, it helps immensely.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.