[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I abandon my lmao2pl8 below parallel squat PR and start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: deep-squat2-582x319.jpg (37KB, 582x319px) Image search: [Google]
deep-squat2-582x319.jpg
37KB, 582x319px
should I abandon my lmao2pl8 below parallel squat PR and start doing ATG squats?

I have achieved full range of motion in bench press, all the way down touching the chest and have started getting some solid gains which is am thinking of doing the same with squats, go for the full range of motion.
>>
>>40465871

It makes fuck-all difference unless you're competing in one of the barbell sports, so do whichever you prefer.

Also more rom != better.
>>
>>40465891
doesn't atg squat use more muscle fibers and thus induces more hypertrophy?
>>
didn't EMGshow that the difference between just below parallel and ATG was hardly anything in muscle activation?
>>
>>40465899

Not really. There's very little difference in muscle use between the two - if you're that worried about it, stance changes can make a bigger difference than the relatively small change in depth.
>>
>>40465900
I will test it today as my first day of ATG squatting. If I have to deload a plate or something then I guess ATG requires more power.
>>
>>40465913
I guess you are right I mean depth wise it's a small difference.
>>
File: High-low-bar-768x2213.png (540KB, 768x2213px) Image search: [Google]
High-low-bar-768x2213.png
540KB, 768x2213px
http://www.strongerbyscience.com/high-bar-and-low-bar-squatting-2-0/

good article about this. high bar usually denotes ATG
>>
>>40465871
if you can squat more at parallel wouldn't it make more gains?
>>
>>40465914
OR , maybe, your form wont be so great since you dont regularly atg, and ypu wont be able to squat as much because of that.
>>
>>40465945
yes, however I find it annoying that I need to constantly think about the depth while squatting. The other day I went for a PR, accidentally went lower than usual and almost dropped the weight on top of me.
>>
>>40465945

Not really. Generally the important thing is "how much work is this muscle doing?" rather than how much weight is on the bar. If you change your position to move more weight from better leverages then you typically don't use the muscle more and so don't make better gains.

Slightly different story if the form change somehow improves your ability to use the muscle (such as getting a slight arch when benching).
>>
>>40465871
ATG -> buttwink -> back pain
>>
>>40465960
This. Once you can go below parallel easily it becomes too much thinking to hit parallel only. I find going near ATG for me requires less focusing on my depth because I just go as low as I can rather than stopping myself at a specific point.
>>
>>40465899
It uses less actually and is an inherently disadvantageous position. Weightlifters only train it because it mimics the catch position. Going to parallell is what you should be doing if you want to "activate the most muscle fibers".
>>
>>40465871
You don't do half benches or half curls or half deadlifts so why do half squats.
>>
>>40465871
>should I abandon my lmao2pl8 below parallel squat PR and start doing ATG squats?

if you can only squat 2pl8 you should abandon your life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.