[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of being weak, guys. I've decided to stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 28K9615.jpg (303KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
28K9615.jpg
303KB, 400x600px
I'm tired of being weak, guys. I've decided to stop training for size and will now focus on strength.
Current stats:
Deadlift: 145kg
Squat: 115kg
OHP: 60kg
Bench: 87,5kg
What program do you guys recommend for me? I don't really care if I get fat. What is the optimal way to build strength in my big 4?
>>
>>40455413
Starting Strength. Actually stick to the programming.
>>
>>40455413
28 free or 531
>>
>>40455413

>those stats

you never lifted for size to begin with dumb dyel faggot.
>>
>>40455413
Literally anything that involves doing the lifts you care about improving on a regular basis will work provided you do it consistently and put some effort in.
>>
>>40455532

>28 free

How do you combine them into one routine though?
>>
>>40455413

You could probably ride out Starting Strength till you hit true 1/2/3/4. Either that or you do Texas Method / 531
>>
5/3/1 or 5x5. Both of them are freely available on the internet.
>>
>>40455549
just pick and combine the blocks you want to do
>>
>>40455549
Read PDF that comes with it. You have program examples at the bottom of it.

For beginners the standard 3x/week routines for all 3 lifts works fine. If you want to continue doing OHP you can use Bench template for it.

If you are intermediate you should know yourself by now how much you can do. I'd start with bare minimum of 2x Int for both squat and deadlift and then progress and tune it from there. For bench both 2x-3x Int medium/high should be fine.

Like it says in PDF, better to start with too little volume and then work up than start with too much.
>>
>>40455638

I don't understand why his intermediate routine has you deadlifting sumo and conventional
>>
Just follow Alpha Destiny novice program, you'll hit 1/2/3/4 in about 3 months. ALSO EAT AND SLEEP
>>
>>40455684
You could do trap bar deadlifts or even snatch grip ones if you want to, as long as you are doing some variation of the main lift you will constantly be improving in it.

I believe there is a whole article on why variations are good and why you shouldn't just stick to a single movement for eternity. I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>40455518
I've been on the program for about 1 year and I can't make gains every day anymore
>>
3x5 squat
3x5 bench/ohp
1x5 deadlift/ 3x5 barbell row
some accessory work (pullups, dips and whatever you like) + ab work

and you are set for a loooong time
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.