[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.straightdope.com/columns /read/2828/could-i-survi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk

>article suggests that you could live on GOMAD, potatoes, and oats
>new based martian diet
>discuss
>>
>>40446044
not enough dead animals
>>
>drink gallon of milk and eat some potatoes
>blast it all out of my asshole

thanks nasa
>>
>>40446044
You don't even need the milk. Besides is very problematic.

You can litterally live off of potatoes, butter, and maybe a small piece of chicken fish or eggs forever.

The old saying of something being the "meat and potatoes" holds true then doesn't it?
>>
>>40446293
>hello scurvy my old friend
Your diet """""advice"""""" is absolutely retarded. The lack of nutrients would be unbelievable
>>
I love food specific diets

They sure don't cause a ton of problems down the road

Heck, vegans don't even need protein they've transcended with their jaundice polished skin
>>
>>40446402
too obvious, mate
>>
>>40446402
Potato contains 70% of daily vitamin C
>>
>>40446402
No dude, the potatoe has almost everything a human being fucking needs as long as you don't throw away the peel where most of the nutrients are.

They had nutritionists in britain(I believe) create a massive cookbook that detailed how to use and add potatoe to everything during the food shortages of world war 2 I believe.
>>
>>40446756
Yeah but they also spread the propaganda that carrots increase vision to cover up the fact that they had invented radar and to encourage people to eat the surplus of carrots. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just stating that war era brits are not exactly an iron clad source.
>>
>>40446832
uhhhh... what?
>>
>>40446832
No this is not propaganda to fucking cover up anything. They litterally had a public health crisis that they had to fix, and the potato was their miracle cure.
Hell there's been a few articles and a think a piece of scientific research done about it.

The thing about the carrots? That's an interesting factoid but it has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>40446044
I got pulled apart by potatoes
>>
>>40446953
Like I said, I'm not disagreeing with you bro. It's just not the best source to quote.

>>40446872
In WWII they had to ration everything including food. They had a surplus of carrots, so they wanted to encourage people to eat them. They had also secretly invented radar, which allowed the RAF to shoot down German bombers and missiles even at night. In order to keep the latter secret they spread propaganda that their pilots ate a ton of carrots which allowed them to see better, particularly at night. This killed to birds with one stone: the people ate carrots, and the Germans never figured out how the RAF was really so effective.
>themoreyouknow.gif
>>
well, two years ago i survived at least 1 year eating chicken, potatoes and cauliflower everyday, three times a day, soda and energydrinks too (it was free on my job)
>>
>>40447584
people survive on coffee, cigarettes and candy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.