[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.roguecanada.ca/weightlif ting-bars-plates/bars/me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: albino.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
albino.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
http://www.roguecanada.ca/weightlifting-bars-plates/bars/mens-20kg-bars?order=price.asc

Buying a bar, don't want to get a cheap garbage on so that I can have resell value in the future if necessary. Any suggestions?
>>
Any bar that's 7 feet long, weighs 44.1 lbs and has a diameter between 28 - 29 mm will do.

Typically in the 250 - 400 CAD range, one with bushings in the sleeve works fine, no need for fancy bearings if you're a novice or intermediate.

Bearings become important when doing some serious cleans, for anything else bushings will do. Last longer as well.
>>
Also pay attention it had the kind of knurling and spacing you want.

Some bars don't have knurling in the middle and it makes for awkward squatting, likewise some bars have knurling where the shins go in a deadlift, and that's no good either because it will tear up your pants or shins.
>>
Looking at the website you provided I would recommend the Ohio power bar for overall versatility, even though it's outside of regulation specifications (slightly too heavy)
>>
>>40440505
>>40440526
>>40440552
Thanks. Is this the same poster?
>>
>>40440639
Yes this was all me who posted.

What kind of lifting do you plan on doing?
>>
>>40441089
I'm an intermediate lifter but haven't lifted for a while due to travelling and a non lifting related shoulder injury. i was doing around 290 something with 5x5. I'm not too interested on doing cleans and olympic lifts, as i don't see the value to it, im just going to be doing squats ohp deadlift and bench, and rows.
>>
>>40440552
Fellow Canuck, can also vouch for the OPB solid bar for a great price imo.
>>
>>40441112
I took around 2.5 months off with barely any exercise, hope i didnt lose ALL strength.
>>
>>40441112
The Ohio power bar is a good choice for you.

Personally I'd never buy anything that's not stainless steel (there's a OPB in SS for quite a bit more) simply due to longevity. Zinc coated is acceptable if you're okay with your bar showing some wear relatively quick.

I have some York power bars in SS that are 20+ years old and still rust free and straight as ever. Speaks volumes to quality.
>>
>>40441329
Thanks for your time and for helping me man, I was thinking with going with that one and I am more confident now
>>
>>40440050

The Ohio Powerbar is great; and unless you decide to stop training with a barbell, you won't need to resell it. Buy the unfinished bare steel, and a can of three in one oil, and wipe it down once a week.
>>
>>40441342
what's the adv of the zinc? also ill probably use wd40 unless you tell me that's wrong
>>
>>40441329
>(there's a OPB in SS for quite a bit more)

It's cheaper, m8.
>>
>>40441351

Zinc coating just prevents oxidation. WD40 won't do lad, that;s for water displacement and you need to build yourself a patina on that bad boy.

http://www.roguefitness.com/weightlifting-bar-care/
>>
>>40441355
Never mind, the Ohio power bar is available in black zinc and bare steel, the stainless Ohio bar I saw was not the powerlifting variant with center knurling.

Definitely go with black zinc over bate steel, bare steel is not treated and will deteriorate rather quickly when exposed to gym conditions.
>>
Why are you guys saying power bar over high whip bar? Just curious
>>
>>40441455
A high whip bar won't matter much to someone that doesn't do cleans. For deadlifts, squats, benches and presses whip is almost irrelevant.

Whip is something that starts to matter when you're doing explosive lifts such as the clean and jerk
>>
>>40441455
>high whip bar

So a Tsunami Bar then?
>>
>>40441468
right. is there really any practical use to olympic lifts? or power is better. i just lift for prActical use idc bout aesthetics
>>
>>40441442
>bare steel is not treated and will deteriorate rather quickly when exposed to gym conditions.

Gonna disagree with you here. A little bit of proper care and it will last just as long, and you won't lose any of the aggressiveness from the knurling. Plus that pretty pretty patina.

Not a big diff tho, both finishes will serve you well.

>>40441455

A good all purpose bar should be stiff. Squatting and Benching with a lot of whip in the bar fuckin' sucks.
>>
>>40441455

You only really want a whippier bar if you're going to be doing proper weightlifting. The extra bend makes it a pain if you're doing heavy pressing or squatting (especially lowbar IME).
>>
>>40441484
k thanks. im trying to buy a used bare steel one (claims never lifted with it)
>>
>>40441483
Olympic lifts, for me, are the ultimate goal of strength training.

If you're simply interested in gaining strength then Olympic lifts are not mandatory. However training the explosive nature you find in a clean is overall useful, even if you don't jerk it.

The deadlift, squat and press are really just training the strength used in a clean and jerk.
>>
>>40441507

Be sure to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0eStYs3j0
>>
>>40441531

If you're primarily concerned with the numbers on the Olympic lifts, you're probably fucking up by dedicating significant amounts of your training to pressing and deadlifting.
>>
>>40441563
Squat is my primary focus, being able to get out of the bottom of a clean is priority.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.