[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically,what kind of body could you achieve in a year with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1487136065927.gif (748KB, 286x155px) Image search: [Google]
1487136065927.gif
748KB, 286x155px
Realistically,what kind of body could you achieve in a year with an ABxABxx routine consisting of :

A :
OHP
Benchpress
Dips

B:
Deadlifts
Squats
Chin ups

Starting at 5'11" 160lbs
I won't have much time to work out a lot starting March until February next year so my routine needs to be short but efficient
>>
add accessories too and it's gr8
>>
Would work quite well, if you can get the volume in. Volume-sets are the key to gains. Hit as much as you can as hard as you can during that period and you'll grow. 6-8 sets of each exercise at 70% of your 1RM for 6-8 reps will get you very far.
>>
Wouldnt it be better to switch OHP and dead?
>>
>>40432157
alternate OHP/Bench and Squats/Deadlifts doing one light (8-12 reps) one heavy (3-5 reps)

Try to fit some Ab/Oblique/Lower Back work in. Maybe superset with the main lifts.

Do more back work (pulling). Either add chinups/pullups as superset exercises, or replace dips with rows/heavy chins.

Start the week with your worst lift.
for example:
A:
OHP 3x5 / Abs
Bench 3x8 / Lower Back
Rows 3x8 / Obliques

B:
Squat 3x5 / Abs
Deadlift 3x8 / Obliques
Chinups 3x8 / Lower Back

C:
Bench 3x5 / Abs
OHP 3x8 / Lower Back
Rows 3x8 / Obliques

D:
Deadlift 3x5 / Abs
Squat 3x8 / Obliques
Chinups 3x8 / Lower Back
>>
>>40432487
That's a great routine anon thank you very much
Never heard of switch 3x5 and 3x8 to alternate between strength and hypertrophy but i'll give it a try for sure
>>
>>40432487
>Squats, deadlifts, and lower back all on same day
>lower back 4 times a week
>lower back plus some other exercise that already works lower back every single workout
Is this pasta or something?

Either you lift light as fuck or your only dream in life is to become a resident of the highest class of society in snap city. OP, squats, rows, and deadlifts all work the lower back enough. No idea what this fuckhead is on about. If you are doing heavy deads, you'd honestly only need to do deadlifts once a week to get steady improvement - assuming you are also doing squats and rows. I say this as someone who had a back injury 4 years ago and couldn't even bend over, but now deadlifts 385lbs

And just because I know people on 4chan are stupid enough to say it...
>hurr hurr hurr babby can't even deadlift 4 plate? Stfu then
I just said I had a back injury and couldn't even bend my back 4 years ago
>>
>>40432599
When I say "lower back", I mean high rep bodyweight back extensions, not super heavy good mornings or whatever.
The core and back are what stabilizes your whole body, you can not train them enough.
3x5 Heavy Squats and Deadlifts per week is not going to snap anyone if he's not reckless with his form.
>>
>>40432186
wtf
>>
Most of my lifting has been upper/lower. (Pic related)

I decided recently to switch to a body-part split instead to see if it will change my "situation"
>>
>>40432186
Volume-sets are what? Amrap with as heavy weight possible at around 8-15 reps?
>>
>>40432487
>Obliques
Which oblique exercises are good though? So many of them look dumb af
>>
>>40432814
Yeah they pretty much all do.
But, to look good outside of the gym, you need to be prepared to look stupid inside the gym.
Look up "Brian Alsruhe" on Youtube, he has a good video on ab/oblique/core training.
>>
File: Progress16-02-17Clinton.jpg (2MB, 2998x5050px) Image search: [Google]
Progress16-02-17Clinton.jpg
2MB, 2998x5050px
This. I did almost exactly what you quoted, but as full body and only properly for maybe 7-8 months in total. Started lifting 1 year + 2 months ago.

I fucked around for 3-4 months then slowly adopted my own version of Arnolds Golden Six for 6-9 months:

>Squat
>Chest Press
>Flyes
>Arnold Press
>Pull-Ups
>Sometimes Curls

For the last 3-4 months I've stepped it up and added

>Deadlift
>OHP
>Weighted Lunge
>Dip
>Lat Raise
>Lat Pull Down
>Row

and some others. Still full body workout.

For the routine you mentioned you'll absolutely need to add something for lats and a couple of things for back.
>>
File: Progress2016to2017.jpg (407KB, 1431x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Progress2016to2017.jpg
407KB, 1431x1400px
For comparison. Arnolds Golden Six is a fantastic place to start and ultra efficient if you don't have a lot of time or like me, you can't be bothered tracking or trying a lot of shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.