[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any sports that actually favor people with disproportionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: darth shi.jpg (67KB, 704x704px) Image search: [Google]
darth shi.jpg
67KB, 704x704px
are there any sports that actually favor people with disproportionally long legs?
most strength sports seem to favor short legs, e.g. weightlifting, gymnastics
of course this is not an excuse to not be the best you can be regardless of limb length, but is it ever advantageous to have a shorter torso and longer legs?
>>
Sprinting.
>>
File: 1485716310479.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485716310479.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>40429646
>strength sports
>>
>>40429646
Good for taekwondo I guess
>>
>>40429646
Long legs are are genetically superior because you can run further
>>
>>40429646
Strongman. Long legs and short torso with long arms is generally good for deadlifting.
>>
>>40429745

Good for a lot of the loading events too.

Not so great for the presses, especially the rep ones, but you take the ups and downs.
>>
>>40429745
wouldnt short legs + long arms be better though??
>>
Any fighting sport being lanky is a huge advantage.
>>
File: mjl.gif (930KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mjl.gif
930KB, 320x240px
Soccer
Football
Basketball
Rugby
Baseball
Cricket
Track & Field

The real question is, what sports favor people with short legs?
>>
>>40429646
This would be a huge advantage in taekwondo
I did it for 5 years and i have short legs and i was pretty good. I imagine with long legs youll have a huge advantage.
>>
>>40429777
I feel as if in most of the sports you listed, being taller and hence having longer legs is an advantage, but having a legs to torso ratio skewed towards longer legs is not.

shorter legs in proportion to torso is really good for weightlifting and gymnastics, as stated in the OP. weightlifting due to leverages, and gymnastics due to not having to support as much mass that just works as dead weight
>>
Bjj for them triangle chokes
>>
>>40429853
Wrong

I listed sports speed is important. Having long legs make you fast. Why do you think 95% of the NFL and NBA are black? Short legs literally do nothing besides carrying less weight for gymnastics and shortening the distance you have to move the weight in power/weightlifting

also
>gymnastics
>weightlifting
>sports
Laffin'
>>
>>40430109
Wrong

Fast twitch muscle fibers make you fast.
>>
>>40430236
As well as long legs
>>
>>40429646
Long limbs good for pretty much every real sport

PL/WL is where manlets shine
>>
File: Jones missed kick to sprawl.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Jones missed kick to sprawl.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>40429646
combat sports

leverage advantage in grappling, range and mechanical advantage in striking

gif related
>>
Sprinting, basketball, soccer, volleyball

t. goofy looking long legged motherfucker.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.