[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know of some good padding for my power rack? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: power-rack.jpg (29KB, 821x1000px) Image search: [Google]
power-rack.jpg
29KB, 821x1000px
Anyone know of some good padding for my power rack?

It's loud as fuck and I live in an apartment. Should I just tape towels around the bars? Is there anything specifically made for this?
>>
go to a home improvement store like lowes or home depot or something and buy some pipe insulation. Depending on the size of your safeties they should make it big enough to do exactly what you want. also literally no harm in considering putting some on the actual barbell where it makes contact with safeties and so it won't interfere with your grip
>>
>>40427781
tape them with those large tubular things that kids use at the swimming pool

something like this (while I searched, I realized they are called swimming noodles)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6c/65/ff/6c65ffd623796750d9523ef5a7c0f734.jpg
>>
>>40427781
Why is shit hitting the safety bars? Do you fail that many reps? This is a non issue for me and I live on the second floor.
>>
>>40427781
why are you hitting the safeties that often? are you failing reps in training like every day?

that's not good
>>
>>40428093
It's loud when I set the back in its hooks for any reason, or if I accidentally step forward too far and it hits the rack itself getting it into place

This has resulted in me having to go really slow and gentle and look back and forth to set the rack down doing squats to avoid sound and this fucks up my form in the end and hurts my neck

I just want to be able to slam it in but have it padded so it's quiet
>>
>>40428127
it's really not hard to rack a bar quietly man
>>
>>40428127
you mean on the j-hooks? are they flat?
i would use a hard rubber sheet glued with contact cement rather than a foam
>>
>>40428127

Rogue uses UHMW plastic for a very good reason
You can order it for any decent hardware supplier like McMaster-Carr

Do you want to be cleaning the ripped up foam out of your barbell after every session?
>>
>>40427781
I bought a pack of those padded felt sticker-things you put under furniture (don't know the proper english name). In that pack there was a big sheet of uncut sticker, cut it to size and stuck it to my squat rack, works flawlessly.
>>
I applied some neoprene rubber on my rack, no more noises for me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.