[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I've got a serious question. I'm sick of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: clubfeet.jpg (10KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
clubfeet.jpg
10KB, 300x238px
Guys I've got a serious question. I'm sick of being overweight and want to make a change, but I've got some pretty serious club foot and asthma that always gets in the way. I've done some looking around and I'm not finding any sources that specifically deal with exercises that don't murder people with club feet. I'm hoping that somebody here can offer some advice with regards to this particular situation.
>>
>>40419287
wtf can you walk
>>
>>40419300
Ye, my feet are turned the other way from those in the x-ray. I had corrective surgery as a kid that left me able to walk and run and all that junk, just not without a good deal of pain. Lost the genetic lottery on that one.
>>
If you're overweight; fix your diet. That's 90% of weight loss right there. You won't lose weight if you're eating too much. When you're at a normal weight most exercises will be less stressful on your lower body. Focus on getting to that point.

In the mean time you should start lifting weights. Squats, deadlifts, and anything that requires a good deal of balance under load is probably out. But that leaves lots of machines that will do a decent, if sub-optimal, job. Upper body stuff shouldn't be a problem. Find a good beginner strength program and stick to it. Building a base level of strength is super important. It'll make literally everything else you do physically easier. A quick google search indicates that lifting with asthma is probably just fine. Just rest appropriately between sets.

Maybe consider swimming for cardio. This abstract from this study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1470792) indicates it's at least not necessarily bad for asthma sufferers. Also it shouldn't hurt your feet.
>>
>>40419287
custom-made ortheopedic soles
buy a fucking inhaler
>>
>>40419494
/thread

What that guy said
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.