[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever leave the gym early before you finish your workouts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: MO226XC.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MO226XC.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
Anyone ever leave the gym early before you finish your workouts?

I've been going to the gym consistently for about 2 years now and motivation has never done anything for me, so I've had to rely on routine/discipline. Sometimes there are days where I drag myself to the gym, get dressed, begin a workout, then quit after 5 minutes and leave.

I don't really regret doing this, but sometimes I'm unsure how to deal keep pushing myself in spite of total apathy and lack of motivation. Anyone else experience this?
>>
Yeah.
I enjoy the gym, I really do.
But sometimes I'm not feeling it.
Do what you want to do.
>>
>>40413907
A bad workout is 10x better than no workout at all. Just hit the main lifts and get the job done.

Good job for going anon, pat yourself on the back.
>>
>>40413930
I've also found that even when I push past my total lack of desire and just do it, I don't feel accomplished at all and am glad to just get the fuck out. Doesn't seem normal, but yeah following your gut is important.
>>
>>40413907
I've skipped some assistance work maybe three or four times in my two years of lifting, and sometimes I go through the motions with them and don't try so hard, but I ALWAYS do my main lifts (squat dead etc) no matter what.
>>
>>40413946
I didn't even do my workout. I was supposed to do squats, bench, and rows (stronglifts) but all the squat racks and benches were being used (despite being there at the slowest time of the day), then ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes and angrily left, feeling like I shouldn't have been there. Some days the gym just doesn't feel right
>>
>>40413965
If I skip my workouts I will just do them the next day since I don't go every day. How often do you go? I can't imagine having the willpower to never skip something big
>>
>>40413992
4 times a week.
I don't think about willpower. Think of it as a binary decision, you either do it to you don't, no room for arguments and making up excuses in your head. I choose to do it.
>>
>>40413907
i used to all the time when I was taking a anti depressant that wasn't working for me. usually because I felt like I should be "doing something else"

i switched meds and now I'm usually happy to finish my workout even if it takes a long time.
>>
Decide whether it benefits you or not

For me, even on my shitty can't be bothered days I remember how I felt before lifting and how agreeing with myself to not go to the gym will simply lead me back there. So I go anyway. All there is to it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.