[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean if I seem to gain significant amount of fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 9352093209590325.jpg (83KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
9352093209590325.jpg
83KB, 500x596px
What does it mean if I seem to gain significant amount of fat when I cheat on my diet?

Is my body extremely efficient at absorbing all calories or something?

The one and only time I got lean in my life was back in 2014 when I religious tracked my macros like a robot for 6 months without any cheats, ever since than I stopped tracking macros and got fat (20%+ BF) again.
>>
Disclaimer: I'm only asking because everywhere I read online people claim that cheat days actually make them leaner and make their metabolism "reset" and therefore they lose more fat the following week or so.

This does not happen to me, if I cheat, I wake up the next day and any fat I've lost the previous 4-5 days is back on me and I'm back exactly where I started a few days earlier. Hence why the only time I ever got lean in my life is when I never had cheated on my diet for 6months+ straight.
>>
If you're a former fatty, your body is gonna do what it can to get back to being a fatty. Gotta be that much more vigilant. Look up "set points".
>>
>>40407088
That's water weight. When you go off of a fairly strict diet your body will continue to drop weight while you're eating, hopefully, at maintenance.

You are not getting fat after a single fucking day of eating. What you are getting is a lot of fucking water weight. That's all.

Fucking relax.
>>
>>40407161
Feels like my set-point is 20-25%.

Took me 6 months to get down to ~15%, and that felt like one of the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Once I stopped tracking religiously and just ate by feel, I ended up crawling back up to 20-25% again after a few months.......and I wasn't even trying to fucking bulk, I was just trying to maintain without tracking lol.
>>
>>40407188
read
>>40407203
>>
Op have you never heard of water weight? Your body is probably storing your "cheat meals" into glycogen to use when you workout or some type of energy. Basically go back to regular diet and it comes off in like 2-3 days. Also drinking lots of water will help piss it out.
>>
Cardio, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>40407203
Well eating by feel is what made you fat in the first place.

And you more then likely got to your 15%ish bodyfat by doing some extraordinary diet that you hated correct?

That's your problem.
People don't usually put on weight on pourpose. It's a slow unknown backwards slip into fatness and horrifyingly enough obesity.

You're going to have to start paying more attention to what you eat from now on. Until you can look at something and on a deep level know "this is going to be something that will get me fat" and learn how to skip out on certain foods.

You should also have IF days or simply have a full day fast and not think "SINCE I AT VERY LITTLE THE PREVIOUS DAY I CAN EAT LIKE A HORSE TODAY". That's not how it works.

It's a balancing act that you'll have to walk for a long ass time till it becomes so simple that it's like taking a simple stroll.
>>
>>40407705
Cardio does fuck all, plus it makes me hungry.

1 hour of cardio is like 350-400 calories tops (unless I'm running) but I'm not going to RUN for HOURS every week, that fucks up muscular adaptions for lifting.

>>40407759
I got to ~15% tracking macros, not anything restrictive, I still ate a normal diet, just hit my macros, I didn't do a bro-clean-eating diet.
>>
>>40408032
interestingly enough, 1 hr of cycling that gets my HR to 140 and keeps it there is working for me.

running at similar hr or simply leisurely walking makes me hungry af.
>>
>>40407088
name?
>>
>>40409048
rosie o'donell
>>
>>40409060
thanks mate!
>>
>>40407088
>What does it mean if I seem to gain significant amount of fat when I cheat on my diet?
That either your target caloric intake is too high in case you dont cheat much (+- 200kcal a day) or you cheat way too much
>Is my body extremely efficient at absorbing all calories or something?
All bodies are extremely efficiƫnt at absorbing All calories, never assume some calories Will not be absorbed
>The one and only time I got lean in my life was back in 2014 when I religious tracked my macros like a robot for 6 months without any cheats, ever since than I stopped tracking macros and got fat (20%+ BF) again.
So do that again obv it worked you numbskull
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.