[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to change to a lifting lifestyle instead of going to gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I want to change to a lifting lifestyle instead of going to gym once every once or two weeks

Help me /fit/, how do I into affordable /homegym/ mode?
>>
You don't make a home gym. You make lifting your hobby. Learn to enjoy it, and you won't have to force yourself.

This may be easier said than done but realistically it's the only solution.
>>
You'll not use a home gym, pure and simple, your head and heart isn't into lifting. You either enjoy it, or don't bother.
>>
>>40397758
barbell, weights, some stands and pull up bar. That's all you need
>>
File: 1388195649407.png (87KB, 381x438px) Image search: [Google]
1388195649407.png
87KB, 381x438px
>tfw living in a small town next to a big city
>no gym nearby
>buy some equipment years ago
>train with it on and off
>get minimal results
>will have to wait at least 6 months before I'll be able to move out
Home gym is a meme, I can't even do a squat with proper weight because I don't have a room for a squat rack
>>
>>40397850
>>40397872
This sounds like some Hollywood movie magic shit senpai
>>
>>40397758
Get a lifting buddy and after a few weeks of going to the gym it'll became a habit and it'll be alot easier to regularly go.
>>
>>40397758
If you can't be bothered to go to the gym more often than once every couple weeks, your home gym will just collect dust, remind you of your apathy, and make you feel ashamed of wasting money on it.
>>
>>40398017
I'm fucking autistic senpai I have no friends
>>
>>40397758
Like >>40397850 and >>40397872 said, that's not the answer.

Contrary to popular belief here, you don't HAVE to lift. Find something else that you don't have to force yourself to do to keep fit. Try rock climbing, obstacle racing, cycling, boxing, whatever.

Do that and learn to eat right and you'll look better than 90% of guys on the street.
>>
>>40398039
>
Okay but I want to lift?
>>
>>40398067
Then start by going to the gym more often than once every two weeks. When you know what it is you like to lift, making a home gym is much easier.

It's impossible to advise someone on how to best equip a home gym to accommodate a training program they don't do.
>>
I really don't know what's going on with some of you guys ITT, but my home gym did wonders for me. It's pretty simple, just a rack, barbell, and bench in my garage, and a bunch of dumbells, but I never have to drive to the gym, wait for equipment, or deal with crowds. It saves me an enormous amount of time and makes it nearly impossible for me to come up with an excuse to skip a day since it's right there in my garage. Without it, I'm not sure if I would be able to lift at all. I work twelve hours a day, six days a week, and my job is very physically demanding.

For me, it's worth every penny. Easily the best investment I ever made, and I'm adding to it every month.
>>
>>40398329
Same here

OP get yourself a power rack, a sturdy bench, a good barbell, cheap-ass plates, and a pair of those modular dumbbells that switch from 2-50 lbs and you can do everything you need to do at home.
>>
>>40397982
It's completely true though.
I was given a home gym when my uncle moved out of state and didn't want to bring all his equipment with him - bench, dumbells, cable machine, rack, pretty much everything you would need. I used it maybe once a week.
Years later I finally made the jump and joined my gym. Talked to some trainers and other people there to get a good foundation and knowledge of how to lift and I actually started to enjoy it. I've been lifting two years now and still have the little home "gym" in my basement and I've probably used it 3 times since I joined the real gym.
>>
"It's completely true though"

While for me it's just like for you: Home gym getting dust while hitting the gym almost every day. We both must admit that it can't be like that for every guy in the world.

Some may have social anxiety and actually train better home for example, other may have logistic issues. SOme other may have thousand of different reasons to train better at home.

So basically OP if YOU think it's better for you to get a home gym do it. If it ends up getting dust you can only blame yourself for the money loss.
Ask yourself "would it really help?" and then take responsability for the answer.

Regardin the gear it depends on how much space you have.

A bench, dumbells and weights + a pull up bar are the minimal requirement imho
>>
>>40397758
got gym in offfice /near office
take 30min minimum to gym
heavy weight heavy reps
afternoon lunch
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.