[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any advice? feeling dejected seeing all of these complete body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: febprog.jpg (260KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
febprog.jpg
260KB, 2000x1400px
any advice? feeling dejected seeing all of these complete body transformations people do in 6 months.

I went through a lot of changing routines and diets after posting here monthly (one month would be "START BULKING YOU'RE GOING TO TURN INTO SKELLY MODE", next month would be "CUT MORE IT'S POINTLESS TO BULK UNLESS YOU'RE VERY LOW BF%)

Instead of yo yo ing, I've just been at 2k cals a week and have found the most progress with lifts going up but still losing weight very slowly. I don't know how sustainable this is long term so any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>40397678
A little less than a pound a week (which is what you're at) is a little slow, but nothing to worry about.

Keep cutting, make sure you eat lots of protein and try to improve lifts. Since you're a noob you'll still increase your lifts as you've done.

Don't bulk, you'll look like a fat piece of shit. Keep cutting till you're down to 13-14% then bulk up again.

Gl brah
>>
As a beginner you can gain muscle while losing fat.
Just do a moderate deficit while lifting.
Go for protein heavy macros.
>>
>>40397678
>any advice?
Don't get stuck in limbo between wanting to get huge and wanting to get lean. Pick one and fucking go for it my duderino. Good luck
>>
Remember op, crazy transformation posts are the rarity, no one posts the failed 6 months threads because they are embarrassed so you have a skewed view of what's normal.
You've dropped about 10kg and huge improvement to mirror and strength. Keep this rate and imagine the changes in a year.
In addition to scales take photos once a month and record your strength/weight as well, will keep you motivated looking back at how much you've changed. If you keep getting stronger the scales won't always go straight down because muscle gain will counter the fat loss.

Keep at it, slight calorie deficit, consistent training and you'll make it.
>>
Thanks bros. I tried a bigger cal deficit but ended up not improving lifts and found it nearly impossible to get 170g of protein. Was I doing something else wrong and should i try again? Or should i keep at 2k cals?
>>
>>40397678
>I went through a lot of changing routines and diets after posting here monthly (one month would be "START BULKING YOU'RE GOING TO TURN INTO SKELLY MODE", next month would be "CUT MORE IT'S POINTLESS TO BULK UNLESS YOU'RE VERY LOW BF%)

If you're wanting to look good, I would cut first per lyle mcdonalds advice (as many other 'researchers' suggest) http:// www.bodyrecomposition.com

If you want to be stronger, keep lifting and eat a bit above maintenance.

You can keep doing what you're doing now, but the gains will continue to be slow- you will get to where you want to be, just slower.

Psychologically for me, I enjoyed cutting first before my bulk. If you're already lean, it's nice to be able to finally bulk and see all of your gains. Plus you've already achieved 1/2 of your goal, get lean. Now you can focus 100% on getting strong...etc.
>>
File: 1487098993877.gif (440KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1487098993877.gif
440KB, 186x186px
>>40397678
>be weak and look like klinefelters
>still more hair than me
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>40397678
>cut
>still faster gains than me

fuck you op you're going to make it one day and at a reasonable pace even. count yourself lucky
>>
>>40397678
nice job inhaling into your gut in the first pic to make it look like you were bigger than you actually were
>>
>>40397678
I eat 1500 a day currently at 5'10. Losing weight quickly. I went from 185 to 168 in about four weeks. I'm happy with that number, because I have been not exercising due to an injury.

Make sure you are using a food tracker, and an actual food scale. No guessing. No bullshit. Reduce the calories to at least 1800 even if lifting. You can do it. Push yourself harder. Mix in cardio. Do at least a 20 min routine when you wake up, first thing in the morning.

You actually made okay progress for six months. You can do better. You will do better of if you choose.
>>
>>40399110
Not him but what would you recommend as a good tracker ?
>>
About cardio, for beginners, if you're looking to lose fat you want to maintain a 30-45 minute duration at a moderate-kinda intense exercise.

I say EXERCISE because although you should be putting effort into your cardio you shouldn't be exerting so much that you risk injury or need any significant recovery after exercising. It should be at an intensity you can do every day. Ideally you can exercise say, running on a day you would lift mostly upper body and boxing on a lower body day.

You should be able to lift and do some cardio and see gains in both at one time which is especially important for a beginner I think.
If you can't maintain cardio (going by heart rate and your perceived exertion, you can look up intensity levels easily) for at least 30 minutes you should focus on TRAINING your cardio ability and it won't detrain easily once you can focus on lifting and do a little cardio every day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.