[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me understand a calorie /fit/! Calorie is an amount of energy,needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1473547192702.gif (686KB, 278x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473547192702.gif
686KB, 278x300px
Help me understand a calorie /fit/!
Calorie is an amount of energy,needed to raise temperature of 1ml of water by one celsius

So,lets say i have a cold cold cola,0 celsius cold.Its 250 ml in this glass,and this 250 ml is 100 calorie full.That means,this cola has - of calorie?Because the calorie of given liquid is so low that to raise is to my bodytemperature level it needs more calrorie than it gives?Do i not understand smth?

Or is it wrong with kcal?so its 100*1000 calorie?
Is it really 100000 calorie?So how low temperature of cola would i need to balance it out?

T. man who drinks 3 l of cola every single day.
>>
No, that means it's 250 calories
>>
>>40391015
The chemical energy is food is converted, among other things, as thermal energy in the body.
>>
>>40391015
Stop reaching for excuses fatso.
>>
>americans
>>
File: 1473548191707.jpg (7KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473548191707.jpg
7KB, 245x250px
Wait wait guys aint gettin it. 100 ml of cola is 42 kcal,thou 250 42*2,5 is ~100? Anyway,so what a calorie is?Does this equasion of coldness and calorie add up,or its complete obsolette bullshit?
>>
>>40391015
>So how low temperature of cola would i need to balance it out?
>T. man who drinks 3 l of cola every single day.
i wouldn't

do you actually think drinking cold coke is cancelling out the calories?
>>
>>40391139
well there have to be point where it does count on minus.It may be on -200 celsius,tho.Would still eat it.
>>
>>40391015
1 cal = enough energy to heat 1mL of water by 1 degree celsius
1 kcal = enough energy to heat 1L of water by 1 degree celsius

coke = 43 kcal / 100ml
3L of coke = 1290 kcal, i.e. enough energy to heat 1L of water by 1290 degrees celsius, or 100L of water by 12.9 degrees celsius

100kg human is roughly equal to 100L of water thermodynamically

so to cancel out the calories, the coke would need to lower your body temperature by 12.9 degrees when you drink it

assuming that human and coke are both fluids and that drinking is analogous to mixing, we can use the formula

T = (m_c * c_c * t_c + m_h * c_h * t_h) / (m_c * c_c + m_h * c_h)
24.1 = (3*t_c + 3700) / (100)

where T is the final temperature (normal body heat lowered by cold coke, 37 - 12.9 = 24.1 degrees)
m_c is the mass of coke (3kg, assuming coke has the same density as water - in reality it would be a little higher)
c_c is the specific heat capacity of coke (again assume the same as water at 1 kcal/kg)
t_c is the initial temperature of coke (unknown)
m_h is the mass of human (100kg)
c_h is the specific heat capacity of human (1 kcal/kg)
t_h is the initial temperature of human (37 degrees)

Substituting in all of our knowns, we solve for t_c = -405.9 degrees Celsius. Absolute zero is around -273 degrees Celsius.

So anon, if you somehow manage to drink coke that's colder absolute zero and not die, and your body uses the sugars to warm itself up, you might just be calorie neutral.
>>
>>40391406
>24.1 = (3*t_c + 3700) / (100)
whoops, ignore that, left my workings in. Should be [24.1 = (3*t_c + 3700) / 103] anyway
>>
>>40391015
OP, chemical energy is not the same as temperature

Think of it this way, if you burn some gasoline, it will give off energy (fire) even if it was cold to start with.
Of course, your body will have to use up some energy to heat up the cola if you drink it cold, but it's a very negligible amount.

You could drink ice water all day, and you'll probably burn more calories from walking to get the water than heating it up.
>>
>>40391439
>>40391421
>>40391406

Okay thank you mates.
Case closed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.