[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much Tuna do you eat? I don't really trust whey as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: chunktuna.jpg (105KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
chunktuna.jpg
105KB, 940x626px
How much Tuna do you eat? I don't really trust whey as a good source of protein, so I'm trying to eat 4.5 servings of Tuna a day to substitute it. Is mercury poisoning a meme?
>>
>>40390998
180g a day is fine?
Double that is risky, specially if your source is albacore.
>>
File: 1481985781674.jpg (592KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481985781674.jpg
592KB, 960x960px
>>40390998
>don't trust whey
>would rather get mercury poisoning
>>
>>40390998
Yes its a meme
>>
>don't trust whey

Why the fuck not? It's the single most efficient way to get protein.
>>
>>40391057
No. Watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger.
>>
>>40390998
I used to eat tuna every other day and loved it, but now just the smell of it makes me nauseous.
>>
>>40390998

I've had a 100g tin once a day for around 3 years now.

And agreed, whey is a scam. It's literally a milk waste product they've been throwing out for 100s of years, now they sell it for 100s of dollars to DYEL's falling for their shit.

Don't think I've ever seen someone who actually looks like they lift chugging a shaker of whey.
>>
File: 23468762763834.png (178KB, 764x540px) Image search: [Google]
23468762763834.png
178KB, 764x540px
enough of this mercury poisoning fucking meme. tuna does NOT give you mercury poisoning

>t. two cans of tuna a day since I started lifting 2 years ago
>>
>>40391083
I don't like it, but I just started my first cycle and there aren't many foods as protein dense as Tuna.
>>
File: 20170203_124012.jpg (434KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_124012.jpg
434KB, 1280x720px
I found a whole god damn fin in my last week. Scarred for life now.
>>
>>40390998
http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/ba0136e/ba0136e00.pdf
With an upper estimate of methylmercury risk, neurodevelopmental risks of not eating fish exceed risks of eating fish for up to at least seven 100 g servings per week for all fish containing less than 0.5 µg/g methylmercury and for up to at least two servings per week for fish with greater than 8 mg/g EPA plus DHA and up to 1 µg/g methylmercury.
>>
Mercury is a meme. Most canned tuna comes with selenium which counteracts neutralizes the mercury and other heavy metals that are in there. As long as there is more selenium than mercury it's perfectly safe you can eat it everyday if you wanted to
>>
I have taken 300g of mackerel daily for almost two years and 0 mercury effects

And it's the pacific one so it has mercury at the levels of tuna
>>
>>40392060
Have anything concrete to substantiate this? FDA notes that not all adverse effects are reversed in mice models and call for more research before saying anything so conclusive.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/06/briefing/2006-4218b1-19-white-paper-draft-Appendix-G1-08.pdf
>Although the fetotoxicity of methylmercuric chloride has been shown to be enhanced by the feeding of a selenium-deficient diet in mice (Nishikido et al. 1987), additional selenium administration does not appear to protect against teratogenic effects (i.e., cleft palate) of methylmercuric chloride in mice (Lee et al. 1979). High doses of selenium administered as selenite for 30 days prior to gestation and through Gd 18 to mice fed a diet containing high doses of methylmercuric chloride increased the incidence of cleft palate (Nobunaga et al. 1979).

>An important priority research and data need is a study of the effects of dietary selenium on the absorption and toxicity of methylmercury. Primates would be the most appropriate species for such a study. Oral dosage levels (in food) should cover an sufficient dose range to provide useful information for high fish consuming populations. Mercury excretion should also be measured and compared with controls at least weekly, with the entire study length being not less than 6 months, and preferably one to two years in duration. Concurrent neurobehavioral testing should be included, if possible, and be conducted at fixed intervals depending upon the duration of the study
>>
>>40391831

that would put me off so hard, what the fuck peasant tuna brand do you buy?
>>
File: 1487038637064.jpg (164KB, 545x717px) Image search: [Google]
1487038637064.jpg
164KB, 545x717px
>le poison tuna meme

Eating tuna right now and have been almost everyday for 10+ years, not dead or rotting.
>>
You're right OP, tuna will kill you via mercury poisoning.

Why not run down to McDonald's and get a few delicious hamburgers?
>>
I heard that the selenium in seafood offsets the effect of mercury. Not sure how true that is, though.
>>
>>40390998
>Is mercury poisoning a meme?

Go consume mercury and get back to us on that
>>
>>40390998
> Is mercury poisoning a meme?
Is fish contamination a meme? Maybe

Is mercury poisoning a meme? Fuck no. Do not fuck with heavy metals in your diet, that shit sticks around for years and causes serious brain damage even in small amounts. Ever wonder why every gas station says, "UNLEADED" in big letters?
>>
>>40392515
Starkist, it wasn't some knock off
>>
I eat sardines in tomato sauce instead, they're like 1/3 the price of tuna, and taste better imo
>>
>>40390998
I am not a cat. So nothing from a can.

Steaks are boss. Not best fish, but can't have the king fish all the time...
>>
>>40390998
Mercury poison is not a meme my buddies old man got it eating 2 small cans of tuna a day
>>
>>40391831
I actually love stuff like that, and the bones in canned salmon/sardines. It's such a nice break from the ultra-sterilized American foods we're surrounded by. Food should be a little fucking weird sometimes.
>>
>4.5 servings a day

Enjoy your parkinsons in a few years
>>
>>40394249
>the brand of tuna matters

It's a fucking commodity item. Jesus do you think Comcast internet is better than Time Warner internet?
>>
>>40394764
>American
>ultra-sterilized
Lmao
>>
I have a can a day. It's the only animal product I consume. I only eat it for b vitamins and a little omega 3.

I'll probably drop it next month and just supp B12 and omega 3.

As for mercury poisoning there are people that eat cans of it daily and have never had an issue. I'd honestly be more worried about what fillers they're putting in whey and all of the heavy metals that go along with refining.
>>
>majority of thread consists of cognitively dissonant fishfags providing only anecdotal feelings

think it's safe to say mercury impairs critical thinking
>>
>>40394793
Yes there is a difference. Comcast charges more and throttles there internet. Time Warner has more ads.
>>
Deenz are the patrician choice
>>
>>40390998

You've got about a month on on can a day before you start feeling side effects

source : experience
>>
>>40390998
If you're particular about macros you should weigh it after draining it, at least once. Most brands have like 10-20 grams less than they say.
>>
>>40390998
Have you thought about eating that other form of protein called COW

Faggot.
>>
>>40396900
>You've got about a month on on can a day
That is LITERALLY impossible, no canned tuna has that much mercury in it.

You were sick with something else entirely different.
>>
>>40396958
I am sorry, I am not a savage. So no.
>>
>>40397012
>Savage
>he says, posting from a computer made by with parts produced in sweatshops by slaves
Ironic, I hope you enjoy saving a cow while torturing humans with your lavish lifestyle.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.