[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best/most effective budget diet you've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5587.png (399KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5587.png
399KB, 500x452px
What's the best/most effective budget diet you've ever had to make gains? I'm a poor fag college student that doesn't have a steady source of income, so I need a diet plan that won't cause me to drop out. I'm also your average skinny as fuck beta, and every time I've tried to gain weight, I just end up shitting a lot more. I really need your help /fit/, because if I don't manage to make gains, I'll have nothing going for me
>>
>>40387833
Bumpin. In similarsituation
>>
Milk, double cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets if you don't give a shit. Lentils, rice, minced meat and beans if you want to eat healthier.
>>
>>40387849
Forgot about eggs, lots of eggs either way.
>>
>>40387849
I'm dangerously underweight so the double cheese burgers might help. What about the second part, is it just a matter of using all the nutrients for your workout before you shit it all out?
>>
you can't make gains if you are poor get your priorities straight fucking poor fag, how people can be willingly poor in 2017 makes me sad
>>
>>40387833
Oats. Jesus Christ you know how much bulk that shit is
>>
>>40387833
is there a reason you can't get a job? i worked three part-time jobs while I was in school (a year ago). you should be able to find a few hours a week somewhere at the very least
>>
>>40387887

Well the main reason is my campus is in a hick town that's only other buildings are a UPS and a bar, so any job I could get is a good drive away and I didn't save enough money to get a car. I'm trying to get a campus job, but the campus is so damn small they've all been taken up and it's not guarenteed I can get one soon
>>
Okay bud, I've got some food staples for you

>rice
>beans (red/black/pinto)
Canned or dried, pretty much the cheapest item you can get containing any appreciable amount of protein
>chick peas
>POTATOES
Seriously everyone is on about rice but a big ol sack o taters will cost less than basmati rice and is more filling and has more varieties
>oatmeal/cream of wheat
>eggs
>milk
>yogurt
Don't fall for the Greek yogurt meme. Get the no name fat free yogurt and check the protein content. It's basically just watered down but same amount of protein as Greek
>vegetables
Don't be picky. Get the absolute cheapest things that you can find week to week and get as much as you can afford. Look up recipes or cooking methods after you've bought them.
>fats
Whatever is cheapest. No name olive oil, sunflower oil, vegetable oil, butter, margarine, who cares. This isn't the diet for the rest of your life. This is a diet to keep you fed and not make you homeless.

If you're really stuck honestly you can technically survive on just potatoes for years. So potatoes/legumes/vegetables and you'll be fine. The eggs/milk/yogurt will help prevent you from crying

Other cheap protein sources
>tofu
Not great tasting but really cheap. Prepare it with sauce
>chicken thighs
Tasty and easy to prepare, should wait for them to be on special though
>fish
Again whatever is on special, usually tilapia or haddock. Both are boring as hell and sad tasting, spice them and maybe use a sauce/breading
>canned tuna
Pretty cheap, some people worry about mercury but since you're poor as fuck you shouldn't be spending much on this anyway.

Honestly though your best bet is to try an cut somewhere else in your budget. Quit drinking, eating out, whatever else your vice is. An extra 20 a week will make a huge difference in what groceries you can buy and personally I don't think food is an area of your life that should come second.
>>
>>40387912
that's a pretty good reason. Keep an eye on craigslist/ actual bulletin boards to get some extra skrill so you can splurge on food from time to time. my go-to cheap bulking meal is brown rice + a can or two of tuna + whatever veggies I have on hand all chopped up and mixed together. its cheap, no dairy (lactose intolerant here), and has plenty of fiber (depending on how shit your diet is, that might be why you keep shitting out your gains). also you can add different veggies / spices to change up the flavor so thats a +
>>
>>40387960
Thanks, I really appreciate the detailed response. That sounds doable with my budget.
>>
I just posted this >>40387978 and then saw this post >>40387960. Read that post, it's some good shit.
>>
>>40387978
Alright, that sounds like a good idea. I always work at home over break and my tax return should be coming in soon, so I might have some extra money for stuff like that.
>>
Kind of unrelated, but what I meant by I have nothing going for me is that I told my best friend that I loved her and she said she wasn't attracted to me. I know she likes more muscular men, so have any of you been in a situation where getting fit actually helped win someone over who initially turned you down?
>>
>>40388025
that ship has sailed anon. moving on is harder, but ultimately much more rewarding
>>
>>40388025
My current GF used to be my best friend ever since high school, she told me that she was actually atracted to me sometimes in the past but i was fragile, she literally used this word to describe me, but since i moved out of out hometown i started to put on some muscle and fight, when i went back she was and still is crazy about me even tho i'm not even big. If you really feel she has some feelings for you, try to improve yourself and do it you cunt.
if not
this guy gets it >>40388058
>>
>>40388058
>>40388178
This really helps put it in perspective. I guess the best thing to do is improve myself for me, and if that really is the only thing standing between us, then it will happen naturally, and if not I'll just have to finally let her go
>>
File: 1452618877509.png (643KB, 609x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1452618877509.png
643KB, 609x1363px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.