[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to lifting heavy thread? Bros, I've simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170129_190958.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_190958.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Alternatives to lifting heavy thread?

Bros, I've simply been injured too many times to lift heavy (heavy as in heavy for me) any more. I can still exercise fine but I need to be a bit more careful and creative than in years past when it comes to getting/staying fit.

For those of you who can't/don't do Olympic lifting, crossfit, or any other serious lifting/workouts, what do you do?

I climb indoors a lot, try to run consistently, kettlebells/free weights (DB's) but I feel like a lot of the time I'm just trying to not get hurt.

I'm naturally skinny so this isn't a weight thing, I just want to stay healthy and injury free. Come share your advice and perspectives!
>>
>>40387621
Jump in the pool and swim my friend
>>
>>40387621
get rich, fuck bitches
>>
>>40387621
3x20 but still increase weight every week
>>
>>40387704

Yeah completely forgot to include that. What kind of routine do you recommend? Just general swimming?
>>
you should definitely do intense bodyweight exercise to give yourself more foundation.
I hadn't been working out at all and started going to the gym. Ended up fucking my back up pretty bad. Started doing bodyweight, and actually gained muscle rather than just toning. Now, I'm back to the gym and am able to push myself with heavy weights without hurting myself because I know how my body works, and know my limits. Good luck, whatever you do
>>
>>40387926

Word, it's never been a work ethic issue for me, my problem is getting too consumed by a goal and overlooking the warning signs. I know my body and have chosen to ignore it too many times, almost always to my detriment.

Problem is creativity now, I can't really bench heavy like I used to (shoulder issue) or squat heavy. I stick to kettlebell squats and deadlift and try to supplement chest with push-ups or free weights but yeah, just ruins the enjoyment when I'm constantly trying to avoid pain or feeling it and having to stop. It's not a form thing, just lingering old shit
>>
>>40387967
I would also suggest yoga. I have a fucked back from A) genetics and B) femur break. I'm starting to get into it, and it's working wonders. Definitely helps with pain. Not just in the back either. Overall flexibility will definitely improve your life in and out of the gym. And, higher level yoga poses actually help detox your body by basically "wringing out" organs.
Also, smoke weed.
>>
>>40388010

Good tip. I have pretty decent natural flexibility for a guy but the brief stint I had taking yoga worked wonders. Got myself covered already on the last suggestion
>>
>>40387852

Tie a block of cement to your feet and just jump to the deepest part of the pool.
>>
>>40388084

OP here, this is probably the most constructive solution proposed in the thread thus far. Take note everyone, here's a guy who knows how to do it " the right way"
>>
>>40388125
Swimming is just like running, you do it with intervals.

I would recommend to for a club. I swim competitively, but there's also a group in my club who are adults who just want to stay in shape and swim 2-3 times per week. Having a coach helps greatly.
>>
>>40388208

Good tips. I can swim fine but I would be never call myself a strong swimmer or consider myself even rec league level competition ready. I think I may pursue that once I'm able to this summer.
>>
>>40388246
You don't have to swim competitively to stay healthy, just join a masters group with a coach if you can, it is both more fun and constructive.
>>
Just never go below 8 reps, make up for lowered intensity with more sets/reps (volume), and don't lift so frequently if you have poor recovery, hit each muscle only once even 5 days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.