[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you start working out? For me it was an ex that chated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 45

File: CVosIEPUsAA6uJV.jpg (30KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
CVosIEPUsAA6uJV.jpg
30KB, 600x587px
What made you start working out?

For me it was an ex that chated on me so I got mad and started to work out
>>
File: 14718958554180.jpg (12KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
14718958554180.jpg
12KB, 220x200px
i realized that being a land whale wouldn't allow me to fight in the comming war
>>
>>40386733
I got so drunk my drinking bro convinced me to join his gym. Now I go alone because Icm hooked and bro is a fucker with no discipline.
>>
>>40386733

Birth of my son.

I never want to have to tell him we couldn't do something like hiking/camping/sports because I'm a land whale and would rather eat junk food in front of the TV. Lost 32 lbs so far and hopefully I'll have some good years ahead of me healthwise as I lose more weight.
>>
>>40386733
Got rejected by too many club sluts. Time to turn the tables
>>
I noticed it felt reaaaaaally fucking good when I went to sleep sore
>>
>>40386733
Many years ago, when we were younger, my sister and I where playing down the beach. We walked along the pier and she was walking on the rail while I was holding her hand. She slipped over the edge and I managed to grab her coat. I couldn't hold on long enough for my dad to come over, I wasn't strong enough, and she fell onto the rocks below, breaking her lumbar spine and can no longer walk. My dad beat my ass every day calling me a weak faggot and that its my fault my sister will be in a wheelchair her whole life. He stopped buying my gifts for Christmas and birthdays as I didn't deserve them, and he used the money to buy gifts for my sister (but I'm kinda ok with this as it was me who destroyed her life). I vowed to myself to never let my strength hold me back ever again, I don't ever want to end up with someone's life ruined by my weak muscles.
>>
>>40388201
Weak faggot. Get your dad some jumper cables so he can beat your ass proper
>>
>>40386733
I realized that throughout my life, I've never once been happy with who I am. That I've never actually been proud of anything I've done. So I'm hoping to change that, already made some decent gains so far but I want to see how far I can go.

>also so I'm in the best shape for when God Emperor trump sends me on a holy crusade to retake the holy land from the heretics.
>>
>>40386733
Was smashing cocaine and getting drunk every weekend, i had a death wish. I'd had enough. Now i dont do either and hit the gym every night.
>>
As pathetic as it sounds, my ex said she wanted a manlier partner. So I stopped acting like a woman + started lifting.
>>
Currently things going bad with gf, gonna go back to lifting after my exams today. I've always lifted to forget and give zero fucks about shit my gf's give me. This time will be no different.
>>
multiple things:
recently did an internship in a company and there was this 18 year old female landwhale, everyone had normal chairs and she had a special chair because she is so fat. I looked at her and told myself i'm not gonna end up like this.

I played a videogame 30 days in a row to get a dumb achievement. If i can put in enough to effort for a retarded game there is literally no excuse not to take my health seriously enough to eat more healthy.

A streamer i watch on twitch recently said he got a fatty liver and if he doesn't lose weight he will end up with serious health problems.
>>
>>40388256
>>also so I'm in the best shape for when God Emperor trump sends me on a holy crusade to retake the holy land from the heretics and give it to the jews because they are the real power behing trump2016.
>>
I was a scrawny skeleton my entire life. One day it dawned on me that I'd never seen myself with muscle. I was curious what my body would look like, nobody in my family had ever been big.

Now it's basically an addiction.
>>
>>40388201
Yeah let's ignore the fact that your dad raised a clumsy, stupid kid and now takes his failures out on you.
>>
File: 1486573615281.jpg (127KB, 640x818px) Image search: [Google]
1486573615281.jpg
127KB, 640x818px
>>40386733
I'm in an emotionally abusive relationship with a girl so I lift cause I think if I'm aesthetic af she'll never leave me. I'm at the point where I'm doing steroids too all because of this girl that I can't detach from.
>>
>>40388378
Just dump her? How much of a weak bitch can you be?
>>
>>40386733

I got a qt GF and thought it would be neat to look good next to her.

The relationship didn't work because she was crazy into Jesus (the Son of God, not some random Mexican) but the lifting habits stuck
>>
>>40388133
Yup same here. It made me sad how fast id get tired while playing
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I found it difficult to get enough work done and would routinely only put in a couple hours of work per day. I realised that being un-energetic as a result of lack of exercise was costing me a few hundred times more money than a gym subscription would cost.
>>
>>40386733
Islam, no joke.

I live in Canada, I see what's happening in Europe, and Troodo is hell bend on bringing the same shit here, and if nothing changes, soon there will be Sharia patrols around major areas.
That, and on the other side of the fence we have SJWs trying to get you fired, feminists bitching at you for being a man, BLM attacking white people.
Gotta be strong to fight off these animals, or at least not look like a mark.
>>
>>40388716
Not American but you realise Peanut Butter kills more people per year than Terrorists in both America and Canada, right?
>>
File: 1427384705136.jpg (106KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1427384705136.jpg
106KB, 1280x715px
I'm 5'5". A homeless guy sarcastically called me big guy one time. Who's the big guy now you homeless fuck?
>>
I decided I didn't want to be the fat guy anymore
>>
Sheer boredom at first because no social life.
Started taking it more seriously for work since it's physically challenging and actually started properly lifting when I became best friends with a bodybuilder.

We've been together for half a year now.
>>
>>40386733
I was was a fat cunt who wanted to be an aesthetic cunt so women would hit on me and I could turn them down and make them doubt their beauty
>>
>>40386733
Ex broke up with me first week of January saying she feels we are going in different direction which is completely bullshit I stopped working out/ bjj classes for her now I don't have her again I can start working out again and plan on keeping it that way
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>40386733
Id always lifted,my dad is militaryfag and workout nut
But was always dudebro chest/arms

Then things went south with 4 year relationship 2nd year of college,tried preworkout for the first time and went full bodybuilding mode
Also became degenerate drug addict
Now i work in tv,and te hours are so ridiculous i dont have time to do much other than lift and write
Srryfortheblog
>>
>>40388201
Pls dont be real
>>
>>40388754
Libs aren't trying to force peanut butter into my neighborhood.
>>
>>40389545
Good point, anon.
>>
I like the way muscles look and realized i didn't have any.
Also pussy
>>
File: 1c3145d45d-1487018313292.jpg (440KB, 844x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1c3145d45d-1487018313292.jpg
440KB, 844x1500px
>>40386733
I was told it would help with my depression. It was just a reason to get out of bed in the morning, which an anon on here said is a big improvement by itself. I didn't think so at the time, but I see it now. Problem is that I'm too poor to keep going and no jobs have called back yet. Feels bad man
>>
>>40388716
It's hard to be this brainwashed and still go about your every day life.

At least your lifting.

OP, I started because I started going to college and had access to a great gym for free. Not exactly over determined, but i got hooked fast. 3 years later and I finally feel strong
>>
>>40386733
Because sometimes I have nightmares about meeting a version of me who has done everything right.

He would still be together with her.
He wouldn't have dropped out of law school.
He would be muscular
He would take all my friends away and take them on an adventure, leaving me behind

So I try to be that person.
>>
>>40387868
>comming
>>
>>40388754
Funny you didn't mention Europe
Which is what I said we are headed towards
>>
>>40386733
I have no choice, they force me to do it.
>>
File: 1486510341837.jpg (275KB, 983x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1486510341837.jpg
275KB, 983x1015px
>>40389930
Good.
>>
>>40386733
I was really skinny and weak, weighed like 120 lbs at 6'0 by the time I graduated hs. Hated it.
>>
>>40386733
I lost all my hair due to a car accident and i thought shit if im gonna be a bald motherfucker id be at least swole af
>>
>>40386733
>Got passive-aggressively rejected by a crush that I thought I was guaranteed to get a date.

There were other reasons, but that was really the final straw.
>>
>>40390464
>I lost all my hair due to a car accident
was it a radioactive car accident or what?
>>
>>40388241
Kek
>>
I stepped on the scale and saw the number above 200, and the reality of telling myself "I'm not THAT big" hit me hard.
>>
>>40388201
Haha faggot, thats what you get for being a weak pussy
>>
>>40390568
>>40390464
He was bitten by a radioactive car. Now he fights traffic cops with stealth and cunning as The Artful Dodge.
>>
>>40390606
Shit, I should have made the pun about baldness. Let me try again.

>Lexis Luthor
>>
>>40388133
you most like;y will. as well as allowing you to entertain the possibility of seeing his kids. Best wishes to you on your journey, friend.
>>
>>40386733
Bane in TDKR

But I also grew up watching WWF/E and my dad lifted too...it was only a matter of time before I hit the gym
>>
I was tired of being a weak >tfwnogf beta faggot.
>>
File: Satisfied.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Satisfied.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>40390615
>>
i almost lost consciousness giving a presentation in class after no food 6 cups of coffee and drilling all day. i had to be taken out of class and got a courtesy passing grade.

started lifting the next day, eating right, and shaved my fucking balding head.
>>
>>40388584
Are you serious?
I bet there's a lot of women out there you fucking cuck stop doing this to yourself
>>
>>40386733
As a rapist I need to be stronger than my victims :D
>>
>>40390736
ecks deeeeeee
>>
>>40386733
i want someone to desire my body.
>>
>>40390702
I can't stop. I feel withdrawal if I don't talk to her for an hour. I dream about her every night. I can't escape.
>>
File: 1482231614629.png (421KB, 872x740px) Image search: [Google]
1482231614629.png
421KB, 872x740px
Being bullied at school, at home and at my workplace

[spoiler]Lifting didn't help
>>
>>40390760
the first time I was 'mired was after I had gotten down to 200 from 240 and I looked muscular with clothes on even though I had a bunch of fat everywhere.

this chick was staring at me, stroking her hair AND biting her lip while my buddy tried talking to her.

feels good man, feels real good.
>>
>>40386733
Because I'm a hopeless loser kissless virgin and it's one way I distract myself from such a horrible existence
>>
I wanna be the guy
>>
I failed a year of college. The summer after failing I started getting into right wing views and the idea of working to be a better person, making your own success etc. . At the same time I looked at myself and realised I was putting on weight.
I quit video games(addiction caused me to fail college), fixed my diet, and started c25k and bodyweight routines. 5 months later I got gym membership. I also started putting a lot more effort into college.

I also lift because i truely believe if my gf cheats on me with a fitter guy then I deserved it, also because I'm very depressed and the gym is one of the only places I'm happy.
>>
>>40391172

Also thanks to everyone else for sharing. It's really cool to see how other browsers got into fitness.
>>
I am a diabetic have been since I was 12 never really took control of it, i struggled to put on weight tanks go constantly high blood sugars. Got fed up of not being in charge of my own health and decided to start hitting the gym 5 minutes from my house every morning after work, blood sugars have been perfect since also feel good thanks to the new eating habits.
>>
>>40389040
oh shit, mirin hard bro ;)
>>
I started going to the gym originally to improve my basketball game. I was pretty good, but a skinny twink faggot.
Went casually on and off for a few years. Never researched what to do or eat. Didn't go regularly and hardly made any type of progress.
Middle of last year a couple things happened that made me get serious about the gym. Lost my job and girl I was dating moved away. I re-evaluated my shit and set goals. Put 20lbs of muscle on since then and going stronger than ever. Still looking for job, but doing career studying every day. My motivation is to be the best version of myself.
>>
honestly do not know
At one point i sort of wanted to lift for girls but by this point I know my body isn't the reason im not getting laid.
I think a big part of what got me into lifting was /fit/. It was cool talking to you guys and i wanted to be a part of it
>>
>>40391172
>I'm very depressed and the gym is one of the only places I'm happy
same
I'm very lonely but there's no time to think about it when you have a heavy fucking weight on your back
>>
File: Good bait.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
Good bait.gif
2MB, 400x226px
>>40388201
>>
Started lifting junior year of highschool. I guess to be stronger and look better but to be honest I can't remember.
>>
>>40388201
I've read that word for word before, but with a brother who didn't die. Try harder faggot.

And if it IS real, you owe that man a suicide.
>>
File: 1481564252296.jpg (139KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1481564252296.jpg
139KB, 800x700px
Severe anxiety.

Years ago, I didn't have insurance for therapy/meds and all that horseshit, so I decided that visiting /fit/ might help. It turns out that daily exercise is pretty much a requirement for mental stability. Actually picked up a gf along the way and then dumped her because she was a source of negativity and tried to stop me from going to the gym so much.

">tfw no gf" is such a fucking meme.
>>
>>40386733
When I was an exchang student as a 16 year old realizing that all the football guys had huge arms (in hindsight they were pretty dyel) and it made me motivated as fuck. I laid a great fundament for getting ripped, which I enjoy greatly here, 7 years later. I stopped some years ago, but when I was dumped by a girl with daddy issues half a year ago, I got so mad that I had to take my rage out on the weights again. Here I am, fit as fuck with a great tan and i´ve met the girl of my life who loves me more that I can imagine, quote her.

We´re all eventually going to make it fit, keep lifiting.
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>40386733
Be me, move from my hometown at 16. Live close to gym decide to get a membership for something to do. Ride bike there every day. Meet at Asian finger her in the hot tub, decided the gym is where I belong. Now 21 still hit the gym 5 days a week.

>pic related
>>
>>40391707
Alright here is your "im mirin bro", since i´ve seen this pic maybe 3 or 4 times today in different threds. You look good anon, you look good.
>>
>>40391734
It's not even him. Each picture is slightly different. First one I've seen that's actually cropped
>>
File: wojak fat.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
wojak fat.png
6KB, 205x246px
>>40391451
>I'm very lonely but there's no time to think about it when you have a heavy fucking weight on your back
>>
>>40388958
o im laffin
>>
revenge mainly

started lifting when I was younger, I was a fat little shit and got bullied all the time.
>>
To cut a long story short, I got dumped because I had severe depression. Lifting just makes life better.
>>
>>40388456
which game, which achievement ?
>>
Always was the shortest manlet wherever I went so my parents took me to learn boxing and got me into lifting since I was 8.
In hindsight, being forced to squat half my bodyweight while my bones were still developing didn't help my height issue.
>>
>>40386733

bullshit heartbreak. I brooded for a week and deciding brooding was fucking stupid and went to the uni's rec center to blow off some steam, got intrigued by the freeweight section and started liftan. Got hooked and have been going ever since.
>>
>>40388185
underrated post
>>
Was 6'3" 125lbs and got tired of being told I look like a drug user or a skelly. Ex broke up with me and got fat too. So I hit the gym and am at 150lbs and addicted as fuck to the gainz
>>
File: bait_free.jpg (40KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
bait_free.jpg
40KB, 699x637px
>>40388201
>>
>>40390782
Jesus Christ, dude. You should give yourself a break and seek therapeutic help.
>>
>>40388716
I think that's fairly well thought out, Anon.
>>
>>40392220
Squat half your bodyweight? Unless you were like a 300lb balloon I don't see how that's really strenuous. First time I squatted I weighed around 140 at 5'9 and maxed at 210, given I played competitive soccer back then.
>>
Mom died and after months of doing nothing and being a depressed tard, I said fuck it and decided to go to the gym to at least do something with my life. so far 7 months and still trucking.

plus I'm a fag and since I doubt I'll ever get a bf I might as well look like what I want
>>
>>40386733
My clothes quit fitting and I didn't want to buy more the next size up.
>>
My older brother was hooked on drugs for 7 years and didn't ever see the family except on rare occasions. When we did see him he was skeleton skinny and dazed out of his mind. He had an overdose and told me later he knew he was going to, so he walked into a field and was going to snap his phone in half and lay down to die. Our dad called him while he was in the field, he told dad he was about to die. My dad picked him up, brought him to my uncles house in the middle of nowhere to detox.
Next time I saw him he was 50 lbs heavier of mostly muscle a little bulk fat. He brought me to the gym with him for a while and I've been going ever since except a 5 month period right after I got married.
Still not as big as my bro but I'm working on it.
>>
>>40392441
Who nose, maybe it had no effect and it's just my genetics behind a lack of a growth spurt.
>>
>>40386733
I took a look around my sloppy one room apartment at the mess that was my life. I looked down at the disgusting mess that was my stomach. At my baggy clothes that were starting to get tighter. I had very limited higher education and no job.

I was unattractive, and I knew it. I was pathetic in the eyes of other people. I was obese. I would get out of breath just from walking around. I just got tired of being the butt of everyone's joke. I got tired of carrying around the reputation that I had. I elected to be better. To have higher standards for myself. To test myself to see what I was made of. It's been a long 3 years, but I know I'm going to make it. I have my oats, my notebook and my iron. The rest is just in the way.
>>
>>40388793
lol good shit
>>
>>40392483
That dog looks like a shark
>>
>>40386733
I got bored

So, so fucking bored. Have you ever been so bored you decided to just drop hundreds of dollars on gym gear, start a home gym, and lifting your boredom away? Thats what I did.
>>
Your body shows the amount of respect that you have for yourself. Ive kept repeating that to myself for the last few days but its hard, sugar is really a fucking drug, ill have access to a gym for free in 2 weeks so that i can finally exercise again. i am TIRED of hating myself on pictures and pretending that those who are not interested in my are selfish and stupid, your body is the front cover of your self respect, life and brain.
>>
>>40386733
Depression mostly, as many people on here.
But it first came as an activity to pass the time, I was really bored one day in my room and decided to test my endurance with pushups. I couldn't even do two before I collapsed on the floor. But I kept at it... and in 3 months or so I achieved 70 pushups in a row, which I am quite proud of. I realized that I need to embrace the pain and let it flow through me and stop being such a pussy, the pain after feels good anyway. I don't care much what women think because they are a meme and I already spend time on the internet looking at meme, why do I need that shit in real life. Keep at it bros, we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>40392551
preach it brother
sugar is indeed one vicious gains goblin, you just need to cultivate the habit of reminding yourself why you started the journey in the first place. The self-respect thing is incredibly true, and people always notice. Be more selfish and don't be afraid to work out thinkng about the compliments you will receive, use those as fuel for your workouts.
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>40392593
What was your routine to get to 70
>>
>>40392461
your bro sounds like an attention whoring faggot
>>
>>40392621
It's funny because I used that phone app from hundredpushups.com which turned out to be malware in the end
but I used that and stuck with the routine, literally nothing else, my motivation was getting that pump and never ever half assing a set
>>
The films and tv shows I watched depicted handsome fit men and I was living vicariously through them. I didn't want to just be watching James Bond movies forever so I started to work on myself and improve myself.
>>
>>40392658
Thanks dude
>>
>>40392724
you're gonna make it
just stop making excuses and lying to yourself and I promise when you get there it's gonna be so beautiful, even if it's just a simple bw exercise
good luck
>>
>>40392737
;)
>>
Extreme Low self esteem. Could barely get out of the house. Still a skeleton but feeling sore helps to ease the anxiety
>>
File: 1486405360364.jpg (68KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
1486405360364.jpg
68KB, 600x560px
>>40389694
> Because sometimes I have nightmares about meeting a version of me who has done everything right.
Fuck, man.
>>
I started in December last year because my hair is thinning out. The advice I got was minoxidil / finasteride or embrace it. I'm giving my hair a generous 2 years before i deem it beyond hope. I'm a hungry skeleton, so it's either look like a lukimia victim or become Mr clean.
>>
>>40392625
Think what you like I guess.
>>
>>40388634
Mexican stole your girl bro it's ok we all gonna make it
>>
File: Sarah.jpg (25KB, 480x249px) Image search: [Google]
Sarah.jpg
25KB, 480x249px
>>40388201
>>
The singularity. Only the strongest will be chosen to merge when it finally wakes. As the old adage goes; the weak, unworthy and meek will inherit the Earth, for we will have left them behind.

Embrace the machine, or be left behind as you deserve.
>>
File: Matt.jpg (9KB, 220x203px) Image search: [Google]
Matt.jpg
9KB, 220x203px
>>40386733
I only had 1 friend and he was my best friend, he convinced me to start lifting so it would help my confidence.
He was a strong dude and didn't really have any friends except me, and he was a fantastic guy. I was lifting with him for around a year and I made some great gains thanks to him.

He died in his sleep about a month ago. And I don't have a best friend anymore.

I don't know what to do because I'm incredibly autistic and can't talk to people except him.

I want to make him proud and show him how strong I will get, I know he is looking down and is proud that I will continue without him.
He posted here a lot more than I did and got me involved a bit more on this board, and I'm glad he did.

I miss you so much buddy
>>
because I left humanity behind
>>
File: end it all.png (34KB, 195x215px) Image search: [Google]
end it all.png
34KB, 195x215px
Suicidal thoughts

I still have them, but I can also now run a marathon
>>
>this thread

You guys are pretty different to me huh.

I played elite level junior baseball and basketball and had a pretty terrible run with injuries. Right when I was around 17/18/19 I really put it together with baseball. Was hitting .400+ and catching in the top local grade (not amerifag), and thought I just had to keep doing what I was doing and I'd get the callup to the pros. Then I blew out my shoulder, had to have a surgery followed up by chronic back pain for years.

My physio told me my body simply didn't have enough mass to withstand the level of exertion I was doing and it was why I had so many injuries, I'd never really taken fitness seriously before, thought my natural skill and talent would get me through. So after my rehab I started going to the gym and put in, my baseball dream is now over but I never want to spend my whole life crippled again so I keep working out. I love it now.
>>
>>40388793
I got approached after a guitar gig I played yesterday.

>hey where you going? you got any change?
>nah man im homeless
>oh?
>no, Actually im NEET
>wut
>y-you too
>>
>>40392372
I tried getting help but they just told me to leave her and acted like it was an easy thing to do. I explained exactly how I feel and they just said "well you have to stop seeing her". That's way easier said than done.
>>
>>40386733
i want to appeal to women while simultaneously hating them
patrick bateman is my idol
>>
>>40386733
For me it was a combination of two things

First was so that I would get stronger for HS wrestling

Second was because I thought it would help get my ex back (it didn't)
>>
>>40386733
I just disliked the way I looked in the mirror. Figured it was time for a change. Will probably keep going until April/May, then its back to greasy foods and delivery once my internship starts.
>>
File: IMG_0910.jpg (27KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
27KB, 620x576px
>>40393552
>>
>>40388378
She's banging Chad while you're on the gym. Sorry bro
>>
>>40393552
is that him? looks like a good dude
>>
>>40386733
I wanted to wield weapons with a higher str requirement without a loss of power and accuracy.
>>
I was at some party and a long time family friend looked me in the eye and told me that I was awesome, and that I deserve to have the best life ever, and I need to stop worry about all this shit.

I looked at myself in the mirror the next day after sobering up and realized that I didn't hate myself, that I was fat, and that there was no reason I couldn't have a nice body and feel confident.
>>
I started working out because I discovered White Nationalism, and found something to live for. When the race war happens, I'll be ready for it.
>>
File: JCRzu16.jpg (79KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
JCRzu16.jpg
79KB, 1200x712px
Had to go long distance with my gf for a year, so I turned to lifting to sublimate my extreme sexual frustration. It was bad, I would get into these moods and I found lifting was the only thing that could mellow me out. In the end though it actually made it worse because I became much more attractive, and started getting more attention from grills.
>>
>>40393552
F
>>
>>40393668
thanks dude, i always get choked up when i talk about him
>>40393784
yeah that's him, he was so strong for being just 20, he would bench 3pl8 and i always stood there in awe and i really aspired to be strong like him, and still do
>>
File: IMG_5906.jpg (126KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5906.jpg
126KB, 1024x576px
ex always talked about how attractive muscular guys were behind my back
>>
Julia Vnis
>>
>>40390615
>>40390606
kek
>>
>>40393552
I also knew M, he was a great dude. Sorry for your loss anon.
>>
>>40386733
When I was a young lad I dabbled in meme machines and bodyweight exercises thinking I'd be Arnold. I never noticed a difference in my appearance and always flaked out shortly thereafter.

In my 20s I discovered /fit/, Starting Strength, and that the key to getting big was progressive overload, making your muscles lift a little bit more each time (this was ground-breaking stuff for me at the time). I also learned that the reason I never got big was because I didn't even enough. Mass and energy balances... it's all so obvious after you find out.

Then I saw body transformation threads and found out that not only can you become sexy with progressive overload, but you can become ottermode, god of normies within less than a year. This was it, a real reachable, achievable goal within my grasp. I would know what it was like to be attractive. All I had to do was buy a barbell and eat more.
>>
One day I looked in the mirror and noticed for the first time gigantic stretch marks across my love handles. Then in a Vietnam movie fashion fat people flashed through my eyes and I said fuck no. Scared me straight desu
>>
>>40392179
Dedication achievement in binding of isaac
>>
>>40393623
>THIS
>>
>>40392526

pretty much the same reasons for me
>>
>>40391172
>the classic only the right wing believe in bettering yourself meme
I really hope people don't think all these left wing doctors are lazy and don't work for what they have achieved.
>>
>>40390606
>>40390615
That made my night, thanks anon
>>
i'm am extreme fucking elitist and it pervades every part of my life. if i'm not lifting then i'm a hypocrite
>>
File: 1431227121773.gif (976KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431227121773.gif
976KB, 250x250px
>>40393552
F
>>
>>40388185
Yes this. At first I hated it but ended up loving it, that's the only reason I lift now
>>
>>40386733
There was one summer I was waiting for response from university if I got in, so pretty much all my friends were away and I was bored. Decided to try gym to kill some time I liked it and I stayed.
>>
>>40388185
God I fucking love that feeling
>>
>>40386733
Friend of mine knew how much I loved pullups and pushups and literally paid the gym membership for me like 3 months or so. Then I moved to another city but kept working out.
>>
>>40387868
>comming
Just intelligent enough to lift
>>
>>40390615
I love you
>>
>>40395178
Good game
>>
I started lifting because injuries stopped me from running. I'm running more now, but still lifting, because I might as well be aesthetic. Maybe even snag a gf, who knows. Haha, jk, I'm autistic and I already blew my chance.
>>Feels bad man
>>
for the race war
>>
Been on and off calorie counting, cardio, and bodyweight for a couple years. Somewhere between skinnyfat and chubbyfat mode. Every time I lose a few pounds, I go right back to the soda and pasta and they're back in a couple weeks. Somehow landed 9/10 gf of my dreams. After two years she grabbed one of my saggy bitch tits and told me that I needed to get rid of them, for her. Threw out all my soda and junk food, quit eating out, started getting up at 6am, and haven't missed a gym day since.
>>
>>40393552
fuck that guy and kys
>>
File: 1410818203960.jpg (57KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1410818203960.jpg
57KB, 387x429px
>>40386733
some buff dude almost whipped my fucking ass

a few months later i started
>>
>>40388584
she will leave you regardless m8. Don't lift for someone other than you
>>
I woke up one morning and thought hey I should stop being a fat peice of shit two years later and 80lbs lost I can say that I'm at least not fat anymore
>>
>>40386733
My dad got me into weightlifting when I was 15. I hated it at first but I couldn't tell him, because I was afraid of disappointing him.
>>
>>40393552
F
>>
>>40386733
>that feel when you never been chated on
>>
>>40386733

When I realized I'd be better at the sports I played if I got stronger.
>>
>>40388754
I wish someone would pull up to you during their night drive and bash your head in with a hammer.
>>
>>40389040
Fuck, mirin hard, routine?
>>
>>40388201
Your dad was the weak no cardio faggot for not getting there quick enough.
>>
Few years back my mom was going through some rough shit and she took too much medication, and passed out in the bathroom. I was a skinny as bones kid. I yelled into the bathroom and she didn't respond, so I tried to open it, but it was locked. I tried to kick it ram it down, but the door weighed for than I did. I repeatedly had to kick the door to get it open. It took me 10 minutes to get to her and I had a really hard time getting her in my car to get her to the hospital, they said that she barely made it and had to spend a month in the hospital. I promised myself I'd never be too weak to save someone I love. Started going to the gym, not huge but making progress for sure.
>inb4 amberlance.
Live in bumfuck nowhere, would have taken longer for it to get to me.
>>
>>40400732
should have called 911
>>
I was a complete skeleton POS until i discovered my heritage. I come from a mining family, my great great grandfather and alot of my distant uncles worked in coal pits, some even died in them. I grew up in a comfy middle class family and never really had to struggle but learning about the endevours of my close ancestors and thinking about the strife my nameless distant ancestors had to endure so that i could exist really inspired me to make something of myself.

also, attention from the honeys
>>
File: 1482181349283.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482181349283.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>40386733
>I got mad and started to work out
>>
>>40397217
You'd do well in France, that is, if you had a good amount of money, an expensive apartment and a sporty car.
>>
File: 1486921713636.png (383KB, 454x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486921713636.png
383KB, 454x479px
>>40386733
I want to smash some pussy and stop being fat
>>
>>40386733
My friend said that i have noodle arms and that my wrists go all the way up to my shoulders
>>
File: lifting two halfs of me.jpg (44KB, 560x470px) Image search: [Google]
lifting two halfs of me.jpg
44KB, 560x470px
>>40386733
Back in high school, I did (American) football from the summer of my Freshman year to the end of Junior year. Throughout that time I was lifting and having a good time. But as time went on, I got more and more bored of doing football, and just all together stopped. My bros were all sad I was gone, but understood that since I had been doing it my whole life, I just was so disinterested in it I didn't care about it anymore. I hit depression for the longest time, the worst part of it being my second year of college where I just wanted to die and had a hard time showing up to classes.

A few years ago, a friend of mine called me and asked if I wanted to live with her and a few other friends. Their old roommate was having a kid, and they were basically kicking her out because she had only gotten more and more sour of a person. I was just finishing up University with no plans in life and thinking I would just kill myself in a year. So I said sure, and with what little money I had, I moved out.

There came a point where I saw my friend working out and being active, eating healthy and all that. I had no idea how to properly do that (my family ate rather poorly, it's a miracle I got gains as well as I did in high school), so I started asking her how to do it. She pointed out MFP, showed me several foods, helped me learn to cook stuff, and with that plus a very physically active job, allowed me to lose 95 pounds in the spam of 6 months.

She's moved out since and I got new roommates, ballooned up about 25 pounds due to laziness, and decided I was going to finally change. 3 weeks ago, I got an actual gym membership instead of using an apartment complimentary gym that was strictly just a few machines and a treadmill.

Now I'm the happiest I've been in years. I might not have the best job, but I'm financially stable, I'm surrounded by people I care about and who care about me, and I am learning to improve myself daily. I wanna continue improving myself until I die.
>>
File: 172.jpg (91KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
172.jpg
91KB, 554x439px
was bored
>>
>>40388133
youre a decent human. leave this place while you can
>>
>>40390783
you are still bullied?
>>
>>40386733
Used to be a fat fuck and I want to live long enough to blow my inheritance.
>>
i was a fat 14 year old and my older brother who was 28 at the time ws diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and i got scared so i dropped weight
>>
File: 1483492617677.jpg (836KB, 1083x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1483492617677.jpg
836KB, 1083x1333px
do it for her
>>
File: richpiano1.png (188KB, 373x484px) Image search: [Google]
richpiano1.png
188KB, 373x484px
>>40386733
>>
File: richpiano2.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
richpiano2.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
>>40404238
>>
Health issues. I got tired of being put on pill after pill.
>>
>>40404116
Lmao, true though
>>
>>40386733
What do you do with feels that make you want to destroy someones life or somehow you start destroying your own life because you just can't do anything about them ...
>>
It was all the Craigslist casual encounter ads that wanted a "fit" guy. As a not-attractive, middle-aged man, I figured being fit would be the cheat code for getting picked by the mw4m people.

It worked once so far and another time I got to at least meet the female.

FWIW I have a long term wife at home but I'm kind of a pervert too.
>>
>>40390760
This
>>
>>40391707
Jesus dude your physique looks kinda weird. Core looks weak legs small. All chest delta and bis. Let me guess brosplit? Also please stop spamming your mediocre body across 5 threads at a time
>>
I wanted to not be ugly for once in my life.
>>
My dad passed away last year at the age of 49. Him and my mom being divorced, he was pretty depressed the last few years. Basically killed himself by not taking care of himself. He was admitted into a hospital where he developed further problems and had to go into an induced coma for them. He ended up losing most brain function due to encephalopathy. Being his only blood son, I had to give the go ahead to unplug him. I was floating around 440 around the time he passed. I am now 340 and trying to pick up speed. All I have really done the past year is quit sodas (cept for the occasional *SIP*) and stopped eating when I was no longer hungry, not to being full. I have a Planet Fatness membership that I am trying to capitalize on. I'm no virgin but I have had a very long dry spell. Its been a depressing past couple of years but I'm making it better.
>>
File: 1486696832700.jpg (44KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486696832700.jpg
44KB, 854x480px
I'm 1.80 m and I was like ~ 70 kg. I've always been an active person, at least one football game with the lads every week an so on, but I felt I was too skinny, specially if you compared me with my dad, who even today at 57 is bulky as fuck.

Now I'm ~85 kg, fell for the powerlifting meme. I'm worried tho, a month and a half ago I was 90 kg and 15% body fat, now I'm ~85 kg and 11% body fat.
>>
i was a fat piece of shit and was disgusted with my self, i still am today and it drives me to keep lifting. oh and once i noticed gains i became hooked so now its an addiction. and body dysmorphia kicked in so no matter what people tell me my self image is warped now so all i see is the same sack of shit from when i started
>>
I just want to fuck everyone up.
To be a fucking beast among people.
Just like they fucked me up in the past.
>>
>>40393555
trips speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
>>
File: kjkjb.png (150KB, 969x683px) Image search: [Google]
kjkjb.png
150KB, 969x683px
Anime pretty much

Freshman year in wrestling my shoulder dislocated 5 times so i had to get surgery. And since the recovery time is like six months i couldn't surf, wrestle or even run. So i spent my time watching anime. It was probably the best time of my life. I shriveled up pretty good so i decided to start lifting to get my strength back so i could get into some other fighting sport. Lifting was fun so i stuck to it
>>
>>40386733
I decided to either kill myself or improve my life and stop giving a shit. It was cheaper to go to the gym.
>>
quit being a minor league alcoholic and started running to occupy myself. started lifting instead after an injury. don't like it as much as running, because that's what i'm built for and i love the high, but boy does it make you prettier. i still run as well now that squats strengthened my legs.
>>
>>40400762
Would have taken them just as long if not longer to get to me.
>>
>>40393552
F
>>
>>40388493
pretty much same for me, got some nice noob gains feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 1000x667px
Because reading the worst of the worst of what the human mind can convey into a book made me paranoic.

I fear that my girlfriend will cheat on me. I fear that someone will take my loved ones away. I fear that somebody else will be happy in my place.

I want to be the happiest person. I need discipline in my life.
Lifting is a commitment to myself.
I pledge my body and mind to become stronger, as a man and a person.

I took so many things for granted in my life... I want to appreciate them. Treasure them as they deserve.

For that, I will. For them, I will.
>>
>>40407435
I want to go to Japan and sample the local delicacies.
But I fear that I will go to prison for tender yet aggressive rape.
>>
I like lifting heavy stuff and being strong. Its a good output and exercise feels good.
>>
File: mbmb.png (76KB, 215x237px) Image search: [Google]
mbmb.png
76KB, 215x237px
>>40404250
>>
A free gym subscription through work and a lust for incremental increases in numbers
>>
>>40386733
I started with my dad and brother when I was little, and various friends kept me going all the way through college. But in the last few years, I failed at med school and came back home to square zero; rather than sit around constantly depressed, I signed up at the best gym in town and went as often as I could.

I'm doing better now but aside from the endorphin rush, I've found it's a way of purification. Sweating cleans you in a way a shower can't reach. It's a small sacrifice to exercise now rather than lose strength and mobility down the line due to lack of discipline.
>>
File: helldiver_ares_by_sttheo.jpg (344KB, 1024x1638px) Image search: [Google]
helldiver_ares_by_sttheo.jpg
344KB, 1024x1638px
>>40386733
The most direct answer to the question possible; I wanted to be big and strong.

I was also fat as fuck and weight training was significantly less mind numbingly boring then cardio.
>>
>>40407435
Keep up the good work cowboy
>>
Wanted to not be a skinny fuck
>>
>>40390783
Maybe stop being a pussy and start fighting back?
How about you fuck them bullies ( this works if you actually lifted for a while cause if you still can t lift shit kys ) :)
>>
>>40391707
You have the Crash bandicoot bod. 'mirin
>>
>>40388272
I know that feel. bro. I was banging back an eight ball and getting drunk most nights a week for probably five years, it was only a matter of time before something really bad happened. Now, I haven't had a drink or drug for six months.

Funny how gains actually come when your body isn't constantly fighting not to die from the poisons you pump it full of constantly.
>>
>>40388456
FYI, fatty liver is usually a complication from drinking, not specifically obesity - but fuck, working out sure isn't going to hurt
>>
2 reasons

a) Aspergers sucks the confidence out of me so gains makes me feel better than other school people.
b) Wouldn't be possible without my dad, who used to be a semi-pro body builder back in the 80's. We have a bunch of equipment in the backyard and, even tho he's 52, he still works out (only once a week tho).
>>
>>40393552
F
>>
I quit smoking and thought to myself...Well shit I feel so much better, wonder how would going to the gym make me feel

Turns out - fantastic. So I kinda got hooked.
>>
>>40388133

Good for you, Anon.
>>
>>40409548
my wife had a fatty liver but she never drinks. she got it last time she was pregnant for whatever reason. shis not THAT fat, somethingl ike 5ft 2 about 170 :(
>>
I was angry all the time.
Booze, drugs, and general delinquent shit made it worse.
Lifting was the only thing that actually fixes it.
And I fucking love lifting.
>>
>>40388716
Nigga, go outside, holy shit.
>>
>>40400669
You seem well adjusted and healthy, exactly the kind of young man the political world needs.
>>
File: s6guhnI.png (482KB, 1203x1447px) Image search: [Google]
s6guhnI.png
482KB, 1203x1447px
>>40393552
Im so sorry man
>>
>>40388133
Best dad right here.
>>
>>40410090
That's at the upper end of overweight, bordering on obese.
>>
File: IMG_1171.jpg (72KB, 478x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
72KB, 478x658px
Zyzz
>>
>was always the fat friend of the group, 5'11 245 lbs
>jokes made at my expense
>was also the residential weeb, made peace with this since I figured I'd be fat forever
>go away to uni
>in city so have to walk everywhere
>also on budget so not always eating shitty food
>after year see that i went down to 206 lbs
>Icandothis.jpeg
>start SL and cut
>manage to lose another 30 lbs, become skinnyfat cause lol did cardio and no weight training for 3 months, lost muscle

Doing a bulk to rectify muscle loss and then do a huge cut, doing calisthenics for those gains and flexibility
>>
File: 1483911934856.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483911934856.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>40386733
Got laid off from work after this girl i had deep feelings for told me she had been with someone for 8 months. She led me on and never told me. Shit sucks.
>>
>>40388133
After my son was born i started hitting the gym really hard. Waking up at 5 am and was making good gainz. Start having relationship problems so i started drinking. Trying to lose beer gut now.
>>
>>40389694
That's hell of a motivation anon, never give up!
Pic related is my motivation, it's pretty toxic.
>>
File: 1450492803473.png (622KB, 1012x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1450492803473.png
622KB, 1012x1045px
Death Grips and Jojo
>>
>>40389040
>tried preworkout for the first time
absolute mad man
>>
>>40393552
he's watching man.
>>
>>40393552
F
>>
a girl
>>
>>40386733
My senior yeah of high school, I got my shit together. I was a fat, greasy, slob who put 0 effort into looking good or making any sort of impression. Closer to my second semester, I started to lose weight (I wasn't really that fat before, but I lost a lot of that baby fat), started caring about my hygiene, and and started grooming myself. I probably went from like a 4/10 to a 7/10. Getting into lifting was just a natural progression in my life. After I started lifting I'd say I'm around like an 8/10 - 8.5/10 (normie standards) for my naturally nice facial features
>>
>>40390459
Same brah
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.