[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manual labour fags do you have any advice? I started a warehouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2016-11-30-18h03m42s076.png (194KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-30-18h03m42s076.png
194KB, 640x384px
Manual labour fags do you have any advice?

I started a warehouse job today, and I'm pretty /fit/ and I have good cardio, but I feel exhausted and sore

I want to quit but the money is really good.
>>
>>40371922
stop doing manual labour
>>
lift before doing job

eat fucking big
>>
>>40371935

I wish

I was roped into doing this job. Juden HR tricked me into believing it would be a desk job and I would only occasionally help unload shipmets

I did nothing but unload boxes and scan bar codes for inventory today.

I really want to quit, but like I said the money is good, and these fuckers have a bunch of government contracts, so I don't want to burn any bridges

I think I'll stick around for 2 or 3 months then leave.
>>
>>40371951
pretty much just these

i quit my 5x10 physical job because i couldn't handle lifting ontop of it. respect to those who can balance that shit
>>
>>40371922

Whatever they pay you wont make up for the permanent back pain youll get in the future brah.
>>
>>40371922
I work a manual labor job (during the summer) and also lift. You get used to going all day, it's a grind but keep at it.
You gotta also eat big. I would meal prep for the week, make two things of chicken, rice or potatoes, and vegetables. Eat one at my 9am break, one at lunch, and a snack for between work and going to the gym.
>>
>>40371922
Your body adjusts. It's also good because it trains almost every muscle in your body that's normally untouched, so you see general health benefits.

Remember to be careful about your back and knees, other than that, just keep it up
>>
>>40371922
You get used to it just like you do with lifting.
Make sure you lift properly at work just like you would in the gym.
>>
Just be sure to eat big and ALWAYS get enough sleep.

I work a warehouse job 8-10hrs a day lifting anything from 2lbs to 200lbs and then hit the gym straight after work. I only have time for free time shit during my lunches and breaks, and for like 30 mins before bed. If you're one of those guys that likes staying up you'll end up feeling like absolute trash.

Definitely eat big or you'll lose a lot of weight really quick. I'm eating 3500cals and it's still hard to gain weight. But if you can quit the job for somewhere that pays better then do so, you'll make gains so much easier.
>>
>>40371922
You feel exhausted and sore the same way you feel exhausted and sore from working out.

That's kind of what the body does when it has to adapt to something that's strenuous.
Eat more, rest more lighten up on your lifting for a while till your job becomes just another daily grind that requires no effort and causes no excessive soreness then slowly ramp up the weight.

Trust me, during this time you'll not drop in strength or mass. You might even blow your previous PRs out of the water.
The oldman, deep level of strength is nothing like the strength you get in the gym or from short bouts of exercise.
It's the kind of strength that can be brought to bear whenever you need it and is a part of who you are no matter what.
It's applied and practiced strength that's gained in the real world.
>>
I worked as an electrician for 8 years.

You never get use to it because some days are easy and you can lift, then you have days where you get fucked up and need to eat like 5000 calories just to maintain your 180lbs body-weight, and lifting is fucking impossible because you just want to go straight home fall asleep.

>train in the morning

Not exactly possible all the time, especially if you need to be at a certain place that's not close to where you live, even more so if you have to be on site at 6:00AM or so.
>>
>>40371922
I work a warehouse job Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6am-6pm.

I lift Monday and Wednesday, then make Thursday a deload 90% and do higher volume day (since I'm not fully recovered from Wednesday). This means I spend the next 3 work days "recovering" from that volume (job is pretty much 12 hours of cardio) so I can attempt higher weights on Monday.

My tip: invest in compression socks, quality shoes, and Dr. Scholl's hard surfaces inserts. Go the fuck to bed after work. I go to bed at like 9pm on work nights. Your body needs rest for a job like this. Don't get peer-pressured by friends into staying up late and getting 2 hours of sleep before starting another soul-crushing 12-hour shift.
>>
Anyone else end up going "fuck it, it's leg day" due to their labor jobs? Today my crew was deep cleaning the shop and hauling lots of steel and machinery around. By the end of the day my upper body felt worked out so I just did lifts and machines that target my lower body.
>>
>>40372202
You're not a fucking beginner anymore.
You're well aware of what your body can do now.

Exercising organically, depending on how you feel and what you want not what a program or some people online think is much better in my humble opinion.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.