[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any scales that aren't big pieces of shit, /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: scale.jpg (28KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
28KB, 522x522px
Are there any scales that aren't big pieces of shit, /fit/? Even the "recommended" scales on Consumer Reports average 2/5 stars and are full of bad reviews from people. It seems like every tempered glass scale shatters if a hair falls on it and all scales generally drain batteries in days and vary wildly in their readings. I haven't been this paranoid about a purchase in a long time. Why is it so hard to make a decent, accurate, durable scale?

What do you use?
>>
Don't get a tempered glass one. That's stupid as fuck.
As long as it's within 1 or 2 pounds don't fret. And your body will literally change weight throughout the day.
>>
>>40365749
I know about daily weight change, but have you read reviews on just about any popular scale on Amazon? People complain that their scales would swing 15 lbs or more each time they stepped on it.
>>
>>40365816
Don't buy on amazon, go to a walmart or somewhere. Amazon ones will always be cheap shit from china
>>
>>40365827
>Amazon ones will always be cheap shit from china
>suggests OP go to a walmart

Are you literally fucking retarded? Do you not think that Walmart sells chinese junk?
>>
>>40365852
But at least you can see that it says "made in china"
>>
>What do you use?
>nobody says what they use
You weigh yourself, right /fit/?
>>
its just fatties thinking their scale is broke when its actually within atleast 5 lbs.

then they go leave a bad review because its the scales fault that it says they're 300 pounds.
>>
>>40366238
Yeah we just dont want to tell you.
>>
>>40365647
Just think about it OP. Almost nobody buys a scale takes it home, weighs themself and then goes. " oh wow i think this scale is really accurate, I'm just so pleased I'm gonna go post a review about how great it is."

While on the other hand, 400lb tublord steps on a scale rated for 350lbs Breaks it. Then they're gonna yell from the rooftops about how shitty the product is.
>>
>>40365647
Just get a cheap one from a store, if its wildly innacurate take it back. Never had a problem with our generic tempered glass one.
>>
I use a health o meter body fat scale, cost something like $35 from Walmart.The weight reading is about a lb above the reading I get at the doctor. The fat percentage is 11% above what my trainer recorded when he took my analysis. I don't know which source is full of shit. I've had the health o meter scale for a year and never have had to change the battery (maybe I should still seems to read the same)
>>
File: 1436968240788.jpg (49KB, 538x566px) Image search: [Google]
1436968240788.jpg
49KB, 538x566px
>tempered glass scales break
How the fuck are you supposed to break a scale, do you throw it around?
I bet you don't have windows in your house because you are afraid of breaking them.
>>
I bought a scale similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/Detecto-Balance-Doctor-Physician-Height/dp/B00065EQJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487017184&sr=8-1&keywords=doctors+scale

and it was a great investment. feels much more accurate and will last forever.
>>
>>40365827
False.

I bought my BalanceFit (Balance Life idk something)
40 bucks, from Europe, does BF, muscle and bone density, water weight percentages, BMI

I dont think a scale is worth buying unless it does BF%
The fuck I care what my BMI or weight is when Im jak3d
>>
Still use the mecanical scale I brought from home when I moved out. It looks half broken but I tested it with water bottles and it just werks up to the 1/2 kg.
>>
>>40366460

Do not underestimate fatas fatass mode
>>
>>40365647

I've had 2 scales in years. Only reason replaced the first is the plate shorted out.

As long as my floor is clean, the scale is consistent. As long as I don't lay a weight plate on it and go to work , the battery lasts a couple years.

Slightly related, I've yet to buy a 5kg kitchen scale that was a problem in any way. Same with my microgram scale for caffeine & DMAA. Improper logic, but fatties are bad at using scales and thus objective truth
>>
I bought a popular one off AliExpress it works fine
Cutting out the middleman
>>
just use the one with the slidy weights at the gym
>>
>>40368967

Triple beam scales trigger the fat-as-fatass
>>
I use an old mechanical scale, it has 30 years approximately
>>
>>40366460
Are you seriously oblivious to how fat the average murritard is?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.