[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just came back from the gym for the first time in my life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0542.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0542.png
7KB, 205x246px
So I just came back from the gym for the first time in my life, how long am I supposed to be in pain for? This sucks. I don't think I want to go to the gym again.
>>
>>40352944
DOMS. It happens when you first get off your lazy ass after a long time. They go away if you keep it up, get enough protein and rest.

>I don't think I want to go to the gym again.
Yeah, I bet you also don't want to be a flabby sack of pigshit. Better make a choice, shitlard.
>>
>>40353015
fpbp
>>
>>40352944
I know how you feel man. For the first week my tendons in my joints would be real tight, but that went away so will yours keep it up, eventually you'll feel less sore. You can do it anon!
>>
Ah you piece of entitled shit, pain is part of life, learn to own that shit. Are you really such a fucking pussy you can't even endure some soreness??? If you really can't bring yourself to go to the gym tomorrow then you should really just kys, you're worth nothing.
>>
>>40353015
T-talk more shit please
Motivate me to go back
>>
Couple weeks, and you slowly start to enjoy training
>>
Expect it to suck dick for the first 2 weeks, second week is the absolute worst and why 80% of people stop going to the gym. Power through those first 2 weeks, stay on your program (dont skip even one fucking workout for anything short of your mom dying) and you'll be well on your way to making it.
>>
It's your body being shocked from sitting on your fat ass for such a long time.
>>
File: 41081Je87sL._SX300_.jpg (11KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
41081Je87sL._SX300_.jpg
11KB, 300x237px
I like DOMs, reminds you that you did good yesterday
>>
>>40353081
>>40353015
This. Every time I lapse in going to the gym, the first day back is hell, plus a few days of recovery.

Then it becomes enjoyable.
>>
File: powerful.jpg (142KB, 892x721px) Image search: [Google]
powerful.jpg
142KB, 892x721px
>>40353076
DOMS will become a sweet ache in time, similar to feeling a good stretch. You will learn to love them if you stick with it.

You earned this Anon. Enjoy it. You could not be feeling this if you had not worked for it.
>>
>>40352944
first time i went i had to take a cab to uni because i wasnt able to lift my arms high enough to hang on to the bus bar thingy. It goes away in a little while but only if you just KEEP GOING YOU FAT CUNT.
>>
Work through the doms. Will be a few weeks but it gets better.
>>
File: IMG_0541.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0541.png
6KB, 205x246px
Thank you all for the motivation
I'll go back tomorrow
>>
File: 1305893197641.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1305893197641.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
>>40352944
The more often you go, the less it'll hurt afterwards.
More movement = more bloodflow = more nutrients everywhere and less unwanted metabolites.
>>
File: yourspiritguide.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yourspiritguide.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>40353273
Then you are on the path, Anon.
>>
>>40352944
Your first few workouts shouldn't be that hard (to emphasis on form, and "warming up" your body for an exercise lifestyle) in order to avoid DOMS.
>>
>>40352944
The first time hurts the most. I remember I could barely walk. There's a term for first time pain. Not doms. Someyhing else
>>
>>40352944
Enjoy that feeling while it last OP.
>>
>>40352944

Learn to stretch

If you stretch after working out, when you still warm, you will cut soreness by a lot

Some stretches are really fucking good, like the tricep, lats ones, calves stretches and pic related
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.