[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be obese and atrophy mode. >start lifting. >lose 10kg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1482503466214.jpg (279KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1482503466214.jpg
279KB, 2048x1151px
>be obese and atrophy mode.
>start lifting.
>lose 10kg and hit intermediate numbers over 7 months.
>decide to finally start a proper cut 3 months ago.
>/fit/ advice on cutting: "increase protein intake, start with a safe deficit and adjust until you find a decent balance, keep on lifting while increasing intensity and decreasing volume to retain lean mass."
>lel, implying.
>decide to go the quick and cheap route by: not paying for gym and not lifting, eating FDA recommendation of protein, nice 1500kcal deficit to start off.
>lose just under 15kg over 3 months, despite don't look much better than when I started my cut.
>go to gym for first time again today.
>all my lifts are down about 25%, lost 15% body mass.
>can't brace properly - breathing is completely fucked, get doms while testing my maxes.

How do I unfuck myself?
Do I go for linear progression again or do I go straight for an intermediate routine?
Intensity or volume?
Can I recomp or do I have to go on a bulk?

85kg, 182cm, did TM for a month before cut, 1/2/3/3.5 before cut.
>>
>>40350965
once you start eating properly again your lifts will return back to where they were relatively fast (few months at most).

start back with linear progression and see where it takes you. at worse you will only be able to increase lifts once per week.

read this for the next time you cut http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
>>40350965
>not lifting on a cut.
>>
>>40350976
Thanks, that article is great.
Could I get away with going on a 500kcal deficit (which is well within the optimal parameters of the study for me) or should I focus on recovering from my retarded cut on recomp/surplus?

>>40350983
Yeah; I knew it was stupid right away, but I really was tight on cash and couldn't stand being obese anymore.

On the plus side, my gym going from having 1 half-rack and 2 flat benches to 1 cage, 2 half-racks and 1 additional bench with safeties while I was gone was a nice surprise.
>>
>>40351093
that's up to you. you said you look the same even though you lost 15 kg.

if you are overweight (above 17% bf) you should cut and get down to around 12% because the higher bf you have the less efficient you are at building muscle. i'll try to find the study for this.
>>
>>40351164
http://www.strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

here it is explained and sources at the bottom
>>
>>40351164
My arms, legs and face are much leaner - but my midsection stayed almost the same (waist went from 38in to 36in and stopped dropping about two thirds into my cut.)
Yeah I'm definitely above 17%, I'll try a -500kcal cut.
Again thanks, you don't need to bother looking up the study I get the basic idea. I'll just try what you recommended.
>>
>>40351235
eat at your maintenance for a week or two so your hormones balance out then do what your goal is being bulk, cut or maintain.

that strongerbyscience website is one of the best out there and is written by a really respectable guy. most of the questions you have you can probably find answers to on that site.
>>
>>40350983
>using period on greentext
lurk moar
>>
>>40351190
Interesting read, but how much of this is broscience ?
>>
>>40350965
***BRRRAAaaAaAAAApppPPppPPPPPP***
>>
>>40351328
He does cite some credible sources at the bottom and it makes sense. The idea that aggresive surpluses might result in greater gains in the short term but will fuck up your long term insulin sensitivity and overall hormonal balance is probably something that every-one but the most delusional perma-bulker at least strongly suspected.
>>
how the fuck can you forget how to brace in three months? it's literally just breathing to a pattern.
>>
File: Untitled.png (63KB, 761x431px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
63KB, 761x431px
>http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html
Unrelated but, this site tells me I could reach an FFMI of almost 27.5 due to my frame. I find that very hard to believe since my wrists are 7.5'' and that's only .5'' above what most people have. How reliable are these kinds of estimates in general?
>>
File: Screenshot-2016-05-26-22.34.16.jpg (45KB, 1706x456px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2016-05-26-22.34.16.jpg
45KB, 1706x456px
>>40351190
That site has some of the most informative yet concise stuff I've read in a long time.
>>
>>40350965
>>40350968
So, I have been lifting for almost two years, but have been jelly of plwerlifters chucking on tons of plates for Diddy, etc.

So my plan is to eventually ease into powerlifting. Just not sure where to start as I'm natty, which I know affects volume a fair bit.

I see the Seiko and Dietmar programmes, but not sure where to start.. I do around 145kg Diddy, 145kg squat, 85kg bench. Should I start with Beginner, or Intermediate. Also, if Intermediate, which would be better to start with, small or medium load.
>>
>>40352178
is this chart saying that practice makes perfect is best shown in video games and practice does next to nothing in professions?
>>
>>40353087
Do beginner and if it feels too easy don't be afraid to inflate the numbers by 5-10 kg as long as it isn't at the cost of your form.
>>
>>40350965

>fatfuck doesn't know what is relative strength and how it relates to gains: the post
>>
File: 1485662748327.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485662748327.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
>>40350965
sauce?
>>
>>40350965
BBBRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP*
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.