[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to train for strength and hypertrophy or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (96KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 640x637px
Is it possible to train for strength and hypertrophy or is it retarded?
I've done SS in the past for about 6 months, and while I made good strength gains, I made almost no aesthetic gains over the entire period.
Now I've started lifting again and want to train mainly for aesthetics so I'm on a bro split (chest/tris, back/biceps, legs/shoulders), where I do mostly 3x8 accessory lifts but have one or two compound lift of 3x5 per session.
Is this retarded? Should I just be doing 3x8 for hypertrophy on my compound lifts too?
>>
post lifts
>>
>>40349399
Candito's linear program
>>
>>40349399
I did the same thing with 5x5 for bench, bb row, ohp, and squat, respectively on chest, back, shoulder and leg day. Just a few weeks ago i add romanian dl on back. But i only have been lifting for 3 months, after more than 1 year off. Previously i did around 9 months of hyperthrophy lift.
So i cant really say if it will work, but im still doing ok now except today when i decide to do squat after bench. Shit fucked up my routine desu
>>
A high volume of hard sets is really all you need for hypertrophy, and it'll build strength too. Focus on high frequency and moderate volume and you'll go far.
>>
>>40349399
literally any good PL program that focuses on moderate intensity and volume and has some assistance exercises thrown into it.

you'll make great strength progress and look bigger. example of such program would be 531 BBB but you can check /plg/ threads and some of the programs listed there.
>>
>>40349399
>I did a begginers strength program for 6 months, why don't I look like golden era Frank Zane?
>>
>>40349399
If you progress each time you´re at the gym, you can do whatever almost. PPL might be for you.
>>
File: routine.png (11KB, 452x102px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
11KB, 452x102px
I'm trying to do this. I have very little muscle mass so the strength gains from SS died off before I was even at 1pl8 for anything except squats and deadlift.

So now I'm doing pic related.
Any comments?
What should I do in the blank space on Wednesday?
>>
>>40350413
add chinups and dips. bench won't grow your chest worth shit.
>>
>>40350413
strength has very little to do with muscle mass, especially for novice lifters. you are far from being limited by your muscle mass at that stage.
>>
>>40350428
Just tried to do a dip, I don't have the strength to even do one...

>>40350441
Well, I was stalling on SS while putting on weight. I mean, I'm 6'2" 65kg and I have no visible abs or muscle definition, I really do have NO muscle mass.
>>
>>40350501
if your gym doesn't have assisted dip machine then just do incline chest flys and incline db chest press as assistance work for your chest
>>
>>40350522

I have a sort of very basic home gym.
Barbell + bench + squat stands + safety rails

I'll add these chest exercises in the space on wednesday though. Anything else that I'm missing?
>>
>>40350546
buy a pullup bar, it costs like 20$ on amazon and a pair of adjustable dbs and you're pretty much set. for forearms you can make a wrist roller yourself.
>>
>>40350563

Forgot to mention I have some adjustable dumbells with up to 20kg or so - so adding the chest flies and DB press is no problem.

My doorframes are too weak for a pullup bar unfortunately. Flimsy old house.

I never heard of a wrist roller before but it looks pretty useful. Would that replace DB wrist curls? Hate that exercise desu.
>>
>>40349399
>I've done SS in the past for about 6 months, and while I made good strength gains, I made almost no aesthetic gains over the entire period.
if you didn't see a SIGNIFICANT increase in muscle mass after 6 months of SS then the problem is you, not the routine. specifically, the problem is not enough calories. at the end of SS done correctly you should be big, strong and a little fluffy around the belly. at that point you can either cut or go for more strength and size
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.