[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some sleep advice? I'd really like to wake up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170211_202345.jpg (172KB, 548x665px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_202345.jpg
172KB, 548x665px
Can I get some sleep advice?

I'd really like to wake up early to work out but I have massive trouble sleeping. I have to take sleeping pills just to fall asleep. It's terrible, my body isn't made for the corporate scheduling. Anyone here have the same problem?
>>
Take 1 mg of Melatonin before bed. It'll do wonders. Perfect dosage size
>>
>>40346381
Thank you, I tried it years ago but it didn't do much. I'll give it another shot.
>>
>>40346381
What do if melatonin does nothing for me?
>>
>>40346367

I have tips:

you have to create an atmosphere for sleep anon, like a routine to tell your body it's about to shut down

so that means no strenous activity before sleep, no browsing /fit/, and no on your phone

then just lay in bed, close your eyes, and wait for sleep as if you were waiting for death to take you. patience and chill perseverance being key

you have to be zen about it

your body is only thinking about a million things when you go to sleep because it thinks there are still things left to do, you need a sleep routine more than anything

power lights down, put on some nice low music maybe, incorporate your own non-strenous, non-physically/mentally demaning things and you're on your way to something good
>>
>>40346367
Zma helped me a lot. Idk about the other effects its supposed to have, but my sleep is a lot better
>>
Pick a time that gives you enough time to wake up and get ready for work then wake up at that time every single day (yes even on days when you don't have work)
>>
>>40346419

routine is key word by the way, your body and mind need to get used to the atmosphere for them to understand what's going on

it's like going to the gym, but for sleep
>>
File: 20170212_023313.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_023313.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>40346381
not OP
I started on 2mg (as that's what I was lrescribed by my Dr.) and stopped taking it when I had to start taking 6mg (capsules were 2mg each so it went up in 2mg increments)

also when I got prescribed it years later it was a different brand and it did fuck all for me. went to several different pharmacies but none had the brand that I'd had the first time which at least worked for a week each time I took it if I took it on alternating nights and then didn't take it for the following week
>>
>>40346419
I appreciate the advice. Every now and then I can get a routine going. Basically what happens is I'll get a good night of rest and wake up at my usual time. Next night I can sleep because I'm well rested. So I stay awake for hours. Next day I'll be a little more tired. By Thursday or so I'll be so tired I'll sleep early. Then the cycle repeats. I drink very little caffeine and I'll run for about 20 minutes or so a couple of hours before. I'm basically a programmer so I sit on my ass all day. Pretty sure this the main cause but what can I do? Fucking sucks.
>>
Take your sleeping pills earlier...
>>
>>40346955
Next night I can't sleep*
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.