[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Smith Machine? I only have room for one powerrack/bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on the Smith Machine?

I only have room for one powerrack/bench combo in my basement and I was considering getting it.
>>
>>40343167
don't get it
>>
If you have the money for it then you shouldn't get it.
>>
Why not buy a normal rack you fucking faggot
>>
>>40343184
>>40343198
>>40343213
What if I don't have a spotter and I do a rep to failure

The Smith Machine could save a users life.
>>
>>40343167
Then how about you buy a bench and a powerrack? Why the fuck would you buy an unecessarily complicated pull up bar?
>>
>>40343223
Why do you think racks have safety bars you idiot? It's even safer because you don't have to roll it
>>
>>40343223
Protip: if you don't have a spotter, don't push yourself to failure
>>
>>40343223
it's like a modern day guillotine, also there are safety things on some benches
>>
>>40343167
>I only have room for one power rack or bench
>should I get something which is neither?

You don't understand working out well enough to be buying expensive gym equipment desu. You should probably be around other people so they can help when you injure yourself.
>>
>>40343223
So does a normal rack you fucking faggot
>>
>>40343223
If you're actually lifting within your limits, then it's pretty fucking hard to drop weight on you benching. At worst you'd slowly ease it down and roll out.

That and a power rack is cheaper with safety bars. Now you can't kill yourself while lifting with good form.
>>
>>40343167
My parents had a Smith Machine when I was a kid.
>lifted on it all the time
>had to lube them Smith rods often to prevent squeaking
>eventually one of the rods broke and the price to fix it cost as much as a new rack
>unable to curl in the squat rack

Moved out and now I only have free weights.
>able to do way more exercises now that the bar isn't locked in place
>noticeably better strength gains
>I hate the term "functional strength" but yup, it's much better now
>everything is easily replaceable and cheaper
>easy to take apart for moving

- 1 squat rack
- 1 Olympic bar
- 1 bench (adjustable for those angles)
- weights
- dumbbells are optional but I like em
>>
>>40343385
>>I hate the term "functional strength"

did u know its a sign of being a fucking retard to have emotional reactions to neutral ideas

>I hate something which exists

well ok then
>>
>I only have room for one powerrack/bench combo in my basement and I was considering getting it.
So get it, not a smith machine

Using a smith machine will mean it'll take you 200x longer than the maybe 60 seconds you spend considering whether or not to push yourself that extra kg on a power rack without a spotter.

Ridiculous thread.
>>
File: 1482360345942.jpg (12KB, 225x257px) Image search: [Google]
1482360345942.jpg
12KB, 225x257px
>>40343400
hahahaha
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.