[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is lifting heavy weight mostly mental? >struggle with 185

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481798893459.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1481798893459.gif
415KB, 480x238px
is lifting heavy weight mostly mental?

>struggle with 185 kg squat for a whole month
>squat 200 kg with ease due to miscalculation error
>>
>>40342281
i honestly have no idea, sometimes it seems all mental or all physical.
>>
It can be. There's been a few times when I've psyched myself out of finishing a set only to turn up my 'power' music, and crank through the next set just fine. Other times I do something similar and just can't get past the halfway point of the set due to form failure.
>>
>>40342281
yea, i just told myself i could do it and pulled a 9pl8 deadlift
>>
>>40342281
It is very important at least. Just got to lmao1pl8 The Press after being stuck for a month. Did 1pl8 3x5 and it felt easier than any set I ever did because I cranked up the volume a little bit and was alone so I could do autistic shit to psyche myself up.
>>
strength stems from being mentally retarded and believing your physical strength potential is unlimited
>>
>>40343622
it is basically being in mom lifting car off her child mode 24/7
>>
>>40343598
Ditto on The Press here. I struggled with it a while back, injured myself, and yesterday pulled through with a bit more warmup and the will to perfect the weight.

It was odd. I felt this rush of confidence and began activating muscles that i often neglect. Only one rep in my 3x5 felt off, from lack of good core tightness. You can lift that weight, but you must be willing to perfect the art while doing so.
>>
Doing autistic mental gymnastics is essential to lifting heavier weights
When I warm up for diddlys or squats I go by half-plates; moving to a full plate after a 25 only adds 40 pounds total. In this manner, I can deceive myself into thinking that 3pl8 is lighter than 2.5 pl8, because I only added 40 pounds instead of 50
>>
>>40342281
>Accidentally upped my squat by 5kg instead of 2.5 one time without much trouble because I read my notepad wrong
Defnitely
>>
>>40342281

Yes and no. On a typical day, you probably aren't using your muscles as efficiently as possible, then, one day, you get hyped and put everything into your lift using every available muscle. This tightens up the movement, so every once of power goes into the bar. The result is more weight lifted with the same musculature.
>>
>>40342281
sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't

you may have just had a month where you accumulated a lot of fatigue from training, and then when you dumped that fatigue you PR'd
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.