[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it that hard for people to generally find motivation and discipline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 592620768.jpg (51KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
592620768.jpg
51KB, 750x564px
Is it that hard for people to generally find motivation and discipline to stick to the gym?

My friend keeps talking about changing and goes a week and quits. At this point I've started laughing at him and calling him an undisciplined faggot who depends on his parents to coddle him. But its just baffling how people simply can't stick to it.

Literally why not? You aren't socializing or studying or working 24/7. At least one hour can be at the gym
>>
Because gyms are fucking boring desu. Only thing that motivates me is staying fit for sports but I can't honestly say I enjoy going to the gym and fully understand why people would feel demotivated if they don't have an ulterior motive for lifting.

>inb4 health
If you run a mile every day that will already do wonders to your body and stretch your life expectancy beyond the average.
>>
>>40340429
>Because gyms are fucking boring desu
this, only gymcel faggots look forward to working out. Lifting shit and getting sweaty and out of breath isn't fucking fun to most people.

>inb4 fatass
No, I hate the gym but I still go. Have been for 2 years.
>>
>>40340429
Even then, its still fitness. I'm not talking about lifting weights alone. The place I go for MMA also has free BJJ classes for college students on Sunday and my friend still doesn't stay dedicated or even BJJ because he is intimidated
>>
>>40340459
Maybe he should find a sport that suits him then. If he wants something that is not a team sport and doesn't involve physical contact he should try tennis or swimming for example.
>>
>Is it that hard for people to generally find motivation and discipline

Yes. Yes, it is.
>>
>>40340345
some study found that different people produce very different level of Endorphins as a response to working out.
If there was no positive feedback to your gym time, would you keep going?
>>
>>40340459
That can be explained by him not being gay
>>
>>40340476
>>40340928
Actually he did wrestling at the end of HS. He wasn't strong then either, but he had no problen with it. Wonder how BJJ is more intimidating than wrestling
>>
>>40340345
He has to convince himself, you can't convince him. My parents when I was younger wanted me to go to the gym and do driving lessons at 16 but even though I did them I didn't stick with them and gave them up, it was only when I was 23 that I decided to learn driving and pay for it myself and since December going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week, I've even increased it to 5 times a week as to not have that 3 times low week but all of this was my decision and unless he gets a reality check or some sort he won't do it.
>>
>>40341212
You had to pay to learn to drive a car? Are you actually retarded ?
>>
>>40341212
Not him but from where I'm from you have to have like 40 hours of driving lessons before you can give a test for your license
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.