[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw drank away the gains again how can my discipline can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1477269788519.jpg (220KB, 800x771px)
1477269788519.jpg
220KB, 800x771px
>tfw drank away the gains again

how can my discipline can be so fucking poor, it wasn't even one night but a week long binge with barely any real food, fucked up finances, friends, my apartment

fuck
>>
>>40328672
Tell story and I'll give you my advice
>>
>tfw I've done this.

Alcohol will fuck your whole life up if you allow it. I destroyed half the shit I owned and almost totaled my car. I've seen my friends go to jail and almost die on several occasions.

If you lack the ability to moderate/control it, then you should quit altogether.
>>
>>40328677

>six months sober (record btw)
>recently made friends with a girl, smoke a lot and such things
>one night we go to a bar - i had one (1) drink and left
>next day feel the urge two some beers 'cause hey, a couple can't hurt
>end up getting shitfaced alone in my flat only leaving to buy more food
>eventually vomiting, cramping etc
>had to go to ER where they gave me 180 ml (yes, that much) of diapam to get me to sleep

now barely able to squat bodyweight, hurts like hell to think of the recovery

and now i'm in fucking diapam withdrawal because they didn't give any for tapering after a dose like that
>>
>>40328701
>If you lack the ability to moderate/control it, then you should quit altogether.

Yeah I am this person but still weak as fuck. Only way to control is to keep busy - work extra hours - agree to do all sorts of shit. But I'd also like to be able to have time of my own, alone.
>>
>>40328745
Find a replacement habit. Play video games, go long board, hiking, mountain biking... Even smoke some herb. Find something that you can enjoy alone, that isn't drinking.

I really do wonder if those mythical people exist, that just have one or two drinks and then stops. lol

Best of luck to you anon. Don't let alcohol fuck your shit up.
>>
>>40328716
How do you manage to get so drunk you get cramps and need to go to the hospital?

I have problems with what are sometimes even month long binges alone in my apartment, but I always end up passing out before I get so drunk
>>
File: eatthisandthat.jpg (560KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
eatthisandthat.jpg
560KB, 600x600px
>>40328957

But it's not really the alcohol..... It's where you are , or what you're doing *while* drinking....

Could be posting here on this Tajikistan 25kgs plate board... could be playing Xbone, could be watching cricket, or biathalon, could be at a local pub talking to scousers or people with jobs...

I'm the kind of dude who can have *zero* or *fifteen* pints..... But nothing in between.

>you gotta know when to hold 'em
>high rez pic
>>
>>40328957
>Find a replacement habit. Play video games, go long board, hiking, mountain biking... Even smoke some herb. Find something that you can enjoy alone, that isn't drinking.

Good idea. I just have lost interest in most things because of my depression (which was probably caused by alcohol). Completely lost the interest in video games too. Perhaps I'll start writing shit ... or gardening weed.

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it.

>>40328980

To be exact it was intense withdrawal. People used to die to delirium before the new meds.
>>
Former alcoholic here, I used lifting as my replacement habit. I know what you mean about losing interest in things OP, I used to love getting shitfaced and watching films or playing video games but it is just boring sober. Lifting was good for me, it is amazing how much better workouts go if you haven't been drinking the day before.

I also started taking the guitar a bit more seriously and have gotten pretty good, so that worked too. Still have one or two drinks at the weekend but nothing during the week, glad I have managed to sort that shit out. Withdrawls were fucking awful
>>
>>40328672
Tfw have this but with weed and i always think "well at least im not getting hammered" to enable myself so it's worse in the long run

I feel for you op
>>
iktf OP. I'll just have week long binges with flu like hangovers, muscle aches etc.. Can literally feel your muscles withering away. Can't eat until I've had hair of the dog and by then I just want to get drunk again. I usually do stupid shit as well and end up having bad arguments with my girlfriend. Sometimes even cut myself.

Fucking hate but I love booze so much.
>>
>>40328672
Yeah but did you have fun?

Stop living life like an old man. If you're in your 20s just keep doing what you're doing. Money comes back. Gains come back. Fun adventures don't.

Just enjoy it man, soon you'll be 33 like me and you can worry about life and family and finances every day. Until then, get drunk, fuck up, catch Chlamydia and no call at work. It's all good man.

If you're late 20s... Well yeah, you fucked up. Try harder faggot.
>>
>>40329995

>Yeah but did you have fun?

None. I just compulsively drank. Bought more knowing I would feel nothing, drank and drank.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.