[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>searches catalog >no qtddot I'm starting TRT soon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 31

File: images.png (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 284x177px
>searches catalog
>no qtddot

I'm starting TRT soon, and trying to figure out what my dosing should be. I know 100-200mg test E / week is normal.

Current T is 325 ng/dl. Everyone's different, but is there a rule of thumb about how much injected T converts to ng/dl in an otherwise healthy body?

For example 100mg/wk = 600 ng/dl?

Or do I just have to play with the dosing, get blood work, rinse repeat to find my sweet spot?
>>
Herniated disk in back. Minor pain. Been in recovery for about a week using nsaids and stretching while I set up a doctor apt.

Can I just bro out my upper body? Cardio? Or just take a long rest?
>>
I'm currently in university. If I fail my degree and get /fit/, how good is a job in the topless waiter business?

What mode should I be on to end up like these guys?
https://www.hunksintrunks.co.uk/topless-waiters/
>>
I made a shake with some egg whites that expire in two days.

My question is, will the shake "go bad" in two days or else? I mean how does it work?
>>
How much is 1pl8 in kg?
>>
is being aesthetic basically just low body fat? does it matter whether you follow a strength program or ppl?
>>
Is there any alternative to pendlay rows? Also, how do I fit assistance works like pullups and arms curl on my SL routine?
>>
>>40320413
Kroc/Dumbell rows or in emergency a machine.

>>40320302
20kg

>>40320372
a it musce can help and you can look aesthetic with higher body fat but more muscle mass.

It's a mix.

>>40319566
>Herniated disk

do some upper body stuff.
Pull/Chin-ups + Dips.
Both will maybe decompres your spine and help with the pain.
>>
i'm 6'1 237 lbs, should i be doing SS? Weight loss is my primary goal but I want to lift too. I'm at a 700 calorie deficit and i feel like im going to stall out fast on SS, is it still ideal for me to do as a beginner?
>>
Best/your way to get a good (2xBodyweight (450 lbs) deadlift?

>>40320504
I like stronglifts more for body composition, cause the volume is a bit better.

But try it, read the book and go in baby steps.
Good luck.
>>
>>40320302
Two 20kg plates plus the bar, so 60kg
>>
How do I correctly combine playing basketball twice a week with lifting twice a week?
>>
File: CBT pic.png (723KB, 536x962px) Image search: [Google]
CBT pic.png
723KB, 536x962px
>>40319540

Hey lads, long time lurker, only recently started lifting seriously. Couple questions.

Am I really supposed to be able to initially make 5kg increased in my lifts every subsequent time I do them with SS? It seems too good to be true. Also, I found the "program" online, but it only lasts 28days. Do I repeat it, or am I meant to end it and move onto something else?

Can you suggest some ways to swim properly while maximizing cardio? I can only do about 7 laps of a semi-olympic pool before being worn out. Would it be ok to chill out for 10 then try again or is it pointless? I'd prefer swiming to running due to joint problems (I have hypermobility). I do it freestyle btw.

I'm not in control of my own diet (I live and eat at a residence). Would it be ok to simply eat a shitton of protein powder with whole milk to make up for this? I obviously can't calculate macros, but I could have more protein thanks to the powder, at least. I'm also pretty confident I'm getting enough carbs.

And lastly, anyone else doing phraktured's mobility/stretching programs? How were the results? I've not really noticed anything yet

much love. Also, current body.
>>
How do I decide if I have to cut or maintain? I haven't gone to the gym in a couple of months and I'm out of shape. I just don't know whether to cut or focus on getting some size back.
>>
>>40320695

Oh, and one other thing: Any good exercises for strengthening the neck? I need to add mass to it.
>>
How the fuck would one include farmers walks in your routine? I know you're supposed to walk for a given distance, but do you do multiple sets? How much weight is enough? Should you go until grip failure? Are there better GPP exercises.
>>
>>40320689
Try out what works for you. In my opinion, heavy resistance before doing low resistance or explosive movements, makes them easier for me.
>>
Best obliques exercises?
>>
Having some issues with aggression, taking basketball in uni for my PE credit this semester. I pushed him after he fouled me. He threatened to punch me. Its kind of amusing he's a pretty small guy, but I'd really rather not let this shit get to me.
>>
So whenever I do squats now I don't even have to think about pushing my knees out, it feels like they naturally align. Is this normal after you've been doing squats for a month or two? Or am I pushing them inside without noticing? When I was new I really had to focus to keep them pushing out when going up.
>>
>>40320865

You do multiple sets.

If you're doing it for conditioning, you want to keep it heavy enough that you have to work but light enough that you don't need huge rest breaks between sets.
>>
>>40319540
Is there any guide for fruits and veggies?
For picking the best ones and also on how to store them and how long they last

asking this since I know for fish perfectly well, for meat not so much and for veggies and fruit I only know a few

for eg, I buy my kiwis when theyre hard AF so they last me a lot time and now theres one or two which I can feel is more than ripe, like perfect to just eat with a spoon directly but no idea if its fucked or not
>>
File: Loaded-Carry-Chart.jpg (168KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Loaded-Carry-Chart.jpg
168KB, 620x349px
>>40320865
see picture.
Go until grip failure smetimes and also try straps.

Try everything. SIngle arm carries, Goblet carries, waiter walks etc.

Farmer walks can be changing everything

>>40321091
Meditation and/or breathing.

>>40321107
Film yourself. Then decide. Maybe you're a natural.

>>40321001
Suitcase carry.

>>40320721
small cut to start.
Maintain and gain.
Then a good cut.
Asess new.

>>40320695
Beginner gain. Download or buy the book and read it.

Total immersion for technique.
To get farther try to swim 4 Laps rest a bit 4 laps rest a bit etc. (50%)

Do some protein around workout and try different timings. But you don't need a shit ton.

Mobilty takes it's time
>>
File: 1465414366242.jpg (59KB, 435x374px) Image search: [Google]
1465414366242.jpg
59KB, 435x374px
Will forgetting which arm I started my set of dumbell curls with and doing an extra rep on one arm cause me to lose gains?

Im thinking this is whats really holding me back from making it.

Any tips for remembering which arm I start my set with?
>>
>>40321308
world's healthiest foods is a great resource

>>40321353
always do your weaker side first
>>
Can I eat fish everyday? Live in a small fishing tiny city so fresh fish erryday of all kind and I fucking love fish, even frozen one(shits super handy). I have a hard-on for Cod, basically our national food.

will I die of mercury or is it a meme
>>
>>40320728
Wrestlers Bridge, neck machine, neck harness.

>>40321353
Look what arm has more pump.
It will be the extracurlarm.
do two more reps with the other arm and then watch yourself in the mirror, mastrubate with flexed biceps.
>>
>>40321378
Generally the smaller fish that are lower on the food chain are safer, just don't go eating tuna/shark a bunch
>>
I like to toast my day before bread but I also love melted cheese, how do I melt the cheese in a convenient easy way?
>>
>>40321442
Toaster oven + cheese on top

Cheesetoast!
>>
>>40321442
buy the processed shit with each slice individually sealed in plastic
put cheese in your pockets to warm it up
then when you put it on toast it's already warm so it melts easily
>>
>>40321449
>Toaster oven

what is that thing? my toaster has some metal shit that I dont know the reason but it seems to put on top while you still get heat from below

>>40321463
I've noticed that, I would put the toasted bread on the microwave with the cheese on top and in a matter of seconds it would be melted AF but I dont really like eating that processed cheese despite being tasty, american cheese its called right?
>>
Why is shit like white rice and regular pasta better than pure sugar again?
>>
I love to cook with a pan but I want to stop using extra virgin olive oil or any other oil for the matter

how do I do this?
>>
when you guys talk about hitting 1/2/3/4 for the major lifts do you mean 1rm for those?
>>
My right arm and hand have been slightly numb and tingling all day since waking up. What could this shit be? Can I still lift safely?
>>
>>40321657
there are other nutrients found in rice and pasta that pure sugar doesnt have.
also doesnt cause as severe of an insulin spike as pure sugar would.
thats a dumb question.

>>40321785
you should not be using extra virgin olive oil in a pan due to its lower smoke point and some of the flavor gets damaged by heat.
you should really have a little oil/fat in a pan to cook something, why do you want to stop?

>>40321860
yes
>>
>>40321905
>you should not be using extra virgin olive oil in a pan due to its lower smoke point and some of the flavor gets damaged by heat.
>you should really have a little oil/fat in a pan to cook something, why do you want to stop?

it's traditional in my country and in all of mediterranean countries
I want to stop due to cutting so those calories from oil count and due to health concerns since high heat seems it causes harmful shit to happen
>>
>>40321933
olive oil in pan - good
extra virgin olive oil in pan - not so good.

The two have different smoke points and purposes. evoo goes on food that is already cooked or doesnt need to be cooked (salad, drizzled on bread, cheese etc)
(refined) olive oil is fine for use in pans.

>health concerns from high heat
which come from smoke and burning which happens to EVOO because of its lower smoke point.

i generally use like 50calories worth of oil to cook things, its not that big of a deal.
Otherwise swap to grilling/baking as those methods dont require extra fat to not stick to the pan
>>
>>40321988
always heard that even just olive oil is bad and I see everyone even chefs using extra virgin

How do you not stick the food to the pan? I like to put on max heat(mines electric so it goes from 1 to 6, I choose 6, put each side like a few seconds and turn to 3 aka medium heat I guess and let it, turning once in awhile) but sometimes it sticks even on my stick free pan
>>
started cutting a week ago. doing pplxpplx. i have added 25 min cardios to rest days so it looks like this. pplcpplc.
so yesterday i couldnt go to gym. which means my whole routine has to get pushed 1 day forward. and i really dont want that to happen (cause autism).
so what i am planning to do is that i will go to the gym at 7 am.(push day). after that on same day i will go to the gym again at 10 pm (leg day).
do you think it would be bad ?
>>
How many calories in average are there in a 20inch pizza slice?
>>
I'm stalling on my weight loss and it's starting to get discouraging. I began in Nov. and right up until about Jan. 20th the weight was falling off. Went from 205 to 195. I've been at 194-196 for the past three weeks.

6'3, est. TDEE is 2400~, have MFP set to lose 1.5lb so my daily is 1710. I am usually right around that, never more than 1900. I am 100% positive that I am not overeating.

SL three days a week, walking 45 mins 5x a week. What is happening?
>>
What do most people think when they someone doing zercher squats? Will I look like a retard?
>>
>>40322257

Probably.

People will think you're a retard for doing just about anything. The question is whether or not the movement helps you, not what everyone else thinks.
>>
Can anyone redpill >inb4pol me on the differences between resting burn and active burn in terms of Calories?
Also does this seem accurate for someone who has a physically demanding retail job at a lumber and building materials warehouse?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-09-16-08-32.png (195KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-09-16-08-32.png
195KB, 1080x1920px
>>40322309
Cocksuck, I forgot pic
>>
I've been curling dumbbells for 2 months now and I've gotten up to doing 8 sets of 10 reps with 40lbs, is that weak as shit for a 182lb slightly chubby 6'0 guy?
Is there anything I should be careful not to do wrong or am I doing fine?
>>
File: 987667565465.png (257KB, 366x463px) Image search: [Google]
987667565465.png
257KB, 366x463px
How do I hide my penis at the gym? My whole package sticks out significantly and it looks gross when i'm wearing my track pants. Should I get a cup? I can't be the only one with this problem and I don't like to wear real shorts while working out.

Also i've been working out in the mornings. What's something easy I can eat to get energy?
>>
>>40321348
What bodyfat do you think
>>40320695
is at? Curious because we look strikingly similar
>>
>>40322250
You're trying to do a LP on a deficit. Nigger no.
>>
>>40322329
Don't swing the weight.
>>
>>40322395
I can't lift and lose weight? I thought I couldn't gain mass on a cut, but lifting would help maintain LBM.

Which is it?
>>
>>40322135
Nigga you only need like a half serving of olive oil or vegatable oil to coat a pan to sear your meat. Most of it stays in pan after too holy shit your talking 30 calories of mostly good fat wtf
>>
>>40322414
Lifting will certainly help maintain, but you are using a novice program with steadily increasing weights every session. It will work briefly and then you will stall and fail on a deficit.

You need a mini bro split on that heavy of a deficit - don't try to make vast improvements with strength while cutting that hard.
>>
>>40322402
I bet he is right. When I first started I blew through the weights only to realize it was because form was pure shit. Swinging weight the whole works. Once I corrected form weight went back down about 15 lbs and now I'm almost to where I was with shit form. Nigga lock that elbow to your side and I bet it's a lot harder
>>
>>40319566
Have thrown mine out several times. I suggest rest till you can walk/move around normally. Rest by laying down flat or another position where you're back is flat or close to it. Sitting is not good.

If walking is okay, I found that helped a lot. Once you're feeling a bit better do yoga.. it helped me a lot.

Above all, don't be an idiot like me. Know what your spine doesn't recover like a muscle. It's not stronger the second time around. If anything, it's more fragile
>>
DO NOOB GAINS APPLY TO A PERIOD OF TIME WHERE YOU START WORKING OUT OR DO THEY AFFECT EACH MUSCLE INDIVIDUALLY?

>can i still make noob gains on abs because I never trained them even if i have been liftng for 2 years and stopped making noob gains on my chest arms back and legs?
>>
What contributes more to bigger legs? Hamstrings or quads?

What is the "tricep" of the leg?
>>
>>40322159
pls respond
>>
>>40321785
Buy a good non-stick pan. Nothing with Teflon on it that shit will break down over time. I got a nice copper pan and I don't need to add any oil.
>>
>>40321785
use spray, calories added are negligible
>>
>>40321348
Where did you get that convenient picture? Are there other ones like it for other exercises?
>>
If I can bb glute bridge 3 plates for 10 reps, then what should I be able to squat and deadlift assuming everything is equal?

I feel like my squat and deadlift are lagging but I'm not sure by how much.
>>
>>40322731

Could be fucking anything. There's not exactly a perfect correlation between the three.
>>
What's a good fiber supp. I am constantly at about half recommend intake. I have looked and feel bloated since I started dieting. Hoping a little fiber at end of day might help?
>>
File: 1484429848492.jpg (52KB, 602x599px) Image search: [Google]
1484429848492.jpg
52KB, 602x599px
Before hitting the gym as a total newbie, would one benefit from some calisthenics beforehand, so he doesn't fold like a house of cards when starting to do squats, bench presses and similar? I personally don't get too much workout besides at my work, where I package bread into those plastic containers and bike approx. 20 kilometers per day to work and back, and I'd prefer paying for a gym membership and actually using the squat racks and such right away, instead of starting off with some calisthenics first if they're actually needed. I mean, all I've heard in terms of problems with squats is that you may lack flexibility if you're untrained, but I'm afraid there'd be a lack of physical strength too.
Hope I'm making some sense in this rambling, my english is not top notch.
>>
Be honest, how novice is 2pl8 on deadlifts?
I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for this achievement.
>>
>>40322840
No. you're being a pussy faggot. A gym membership is negligible cost compared to how much good you're doing yourself.
>>
>>40322496
I doubt your abs are completely undeveloped if you're seriously lifting weights for 2 years, given you probably need your whole body to be somewhat developed to be able to push weights around. I suppose if you only did machines and absolutely nothing that affects torso, you'd get some noob gains, but I doubt you're in that stage now.
>>
>>40322840
I started out about a year ago from a total DYEL sedentary piece of shit.
The first few times were rough, but you can do it.
Just the bar (only 20kg) is light enough that you can practice the motions without hurting yourself.

Good form was tough for me because I was so inexperienced, but persistence helps with that.
I did faggy quarter squats for the first few months until I loosened up.

Try to go with a friend if you can. It really helps
>>
>>40322904
Doing faggy quarter squats sounds...persistent and like a solution, but how did it affect your gains? How much weight did you put on the bar during the period of doing those? How did the weight transit when transitioning to full squats, did you have to downsize the amount you were squatting?
>>
>>40322981
Doing quarter squats I got to a bit more than a plate (20kg on each side) and then I deloaded to around 2/3 that and found that I could do a proper squat.
I've been going since then.
I'm above 1.5 plates with a real squat now

It's not very much as far as /fit/ regulars go, but I think it's good progress for me. Not just for the weight, but for the form. I was real stiff and inflexible starting out

Just getting out there and working on it is a good thing.
You'll soon learn to crave the soreness that comes with it.
>>
I feel like my core is weak and that's holding my squats back, i do sit ups, hanging leg raises and some twists...

Should i add more volume on those exercises or try some different exercises to strengthen it?
>>
File: 1475603891412.jpg (95KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475603891412.jpg
95KB, 700x700px
Anyone know a good online supplement store for leafland?
>>
>>40323127
How inclined are your sit-ups?
>>
>>40323174
not inclined, flat on the ground.
>>
>>40323182
Try inclined
You'll feel the difference after the first work out
>>
Does bench help with pushups? I'm getting ready for the military with a ton of cardio and calisthenics 3x a week but my pushups are improving painfully slowly. Would adding bench help me out?
>>
DO YOU FLEX YOUR ABS AT ALL TIMES? Is this seriously a thing that I should be doing but haven't been
>>
>>40323198

Up to a point it does. Once your bench is starting to get over bodyweight the carryover drops dramatically in most cases.
>>
>>40323198
Yes, of course.
Do both though
Bench at the gym, push ups at home
>>
>>40322851
It's somewhere between auschwitz mode and hungry Jack Skellington, both of which are below the DYEL threshold. Keep lifting though. Progress is all that matters. We all have to start somewhere.
>>
>>40323213
That's what I'm going to start doing.
>>40323211
I've never lifted before other than fucking around at the gym and I haven't even done that in 7 months so my bench is only 88% of my bodyweight (retested today). I'll work on getting it to over 100% then.
>>
>>40322746
It's fiber dude. Go to the grocery store supplement section and buy the cheapest one. Jus make sure it has both soluable and unsoluable fiber.
>>
>>40321785
Why don't you want to use extra virgin olive oil? Those monounsaturated fats are great.
>>
File: chart-3.jpg (57KB, 601x453px) Image search: [Google]
chart-3.jpg
57KB, 601x453px
Does anyone have the chart or link to the article that compares all sorts of different exercises in glute activity?

I found this one but it's not the one (three pages) that has bb glute bridges and good mornings. I could have swore there was another one.
>>
File: 1465700214926.jpg (27KB, 603x466px) Image search: [Google]
1465700214926.jpg
27KB, 603x466px
As a skinnyfat, am I in the wrong for cutting? I have some muscle but most of my fat is in my boobs, stomach and butt. Basically, should I just bulk up and cut when I get to bear mode or should I cut to auchwitz mode and bulk from there?
>>
When people say squeeze your glutes when squatting does that mean keeping them flexed??
>>
>>40321657
The carbs are still more complex than simple sugars and they usually have micros added back in after refinement. Plus you usually eat white rice and pasta with some other balanced foods, as opposed to a candy bar. Whole grains are better though.
>>
>>40323312
It means that when you're coming up from the bottom, push your cheeks together to help you come up
Like in deadlifting
>>
>>40321091
Yeah being underage and the combination of spiking testosterone, a sense of "I know everything," and a lack of serious consequences can make it easy to remember that assaulting someone isn't a joke.
>>
sticky says to try and get 1g of protein per lb of weight. I weigh 237 pounds how the fuck am I supposed to get 237 grams of protein in a DAY?
>>
>>40320689
There's seven days in a week brah. It shouldn't be that hard. Most people here lift 3-5 days a week and do cardio 3-5 times a week on top of that.
>>
>>40320504
Either that or stronglifts. You'll be surprised by how much strength you gain while losing weight from fat mode.
>>
>>40320012
Most expiration dates don't mean the food is bad at that point. It's a date to protect the brand and store's asses. They won't guarantee the freshness after that date, so if oh get sick, you can't sue or get a refund. Also, why are you making shakes with eggs? Is your life a 80's B movie? Milk, oats, yogurt, bananas, peanut butter, and whey.
>>
>>40323357
1 gram for lean mass. Not your fat .5-.8 a gram per pound of your total weight will do
>>
>>40323357
1g/lb of lean bodyweight fatass. Multiply your weight by your bodyfat percentage in decimal form, then subtract that from your total weight. That's your lean body mass. Also, most health agencies recommend 1.6g/kg of bodyweight for extreme athletes. Lifters really overestimate their protein needs. Probably.
>>
>>40323418
>>40323419
ah im retarded, okay thanks guys
>>
Does wearing kneesleves make me a pussy and or give me a false sense of security?

I don't squat much ~325lbs but my knees naturally have some lateral wobble and wearing kneesleave make me feel steadier while squatting. Do they act like a crutch like a belt and do people judge me? Thx
>>
>>40323324
OK thanks
>>
What does it mean when I get clicking on my front shoulders when I OHP? This was with weight equivalent of the bar but with dumbells
>>
Newfag reporting in.

I'm on week 3 of going to the gym 3x/week. Is it normal for squat and bench weight to be about the same starting out? Are my legs just weak as shit or am I doing my squats wrong? I see people squatting around double their bench weight.
>>
>>40323777
Nice trips

But yeah, the "ratio" should be 1/2/3/4
OHP, Bench, Squat, Dead

But if you're starting out, all of you is weak and you form is bad

Soon enough you'll find your groove with squats and it'll explode past your bench
>>
I've started experiencing extreme hair loss over the past six months. No one in my family has lost hair. I've been really stressed at work. 24.

Is it worth going to a doctor to ask if there's something deeper wrong with me? What doctor do I even go to for this?
>>
What is the transition from beginner to intermediate? Seems kind of arbitrary.
>>
>>40323945
Primary physician who will refer you to a specialist if necessary.
>>
>>40324001
What am I asking for?
>>
I've recently had some pain issues. Been doing SS for about three months.

For one, my knee has been acting weird for a while, about a week. I'm not limping, but I've been putting a lot less weight on it and it just feels weird.

Today's been a really painful workout session. My right arm can't handle any weight when bench pressing, and every time I try I get a sharp pain from my neck to my shoulder. When I tried to squat, my lower back just lit up bad too.

What should I do? I really don't want to reset again, but if I have to, well, shit, guess I'll reset.
>>
>>40321001
grab a 45 plate and bend over to the side.
>>
>>40324022
"I'm losing a lot of hair lately doc."
>>
>>40324201
Am I just looking for a general physical?
>>
>>40324081
Pain is usually a form problem
Lighten your weight till you got it right
>>
Im currently 154lbs and on a cut of 1400-1600 calories.

I get around
130-140 grams of protein
70-100 grams of carbs
60-70 grams of fats

Are my macros fucked up? Or am I doing just fine?
>>
Over the last 16 or so months i've lost 65 lbs going from 265 to 200. I still need to lose another 40 lbs (Yes, manetl, 5'6). Over the last ~8 months or so i've been lifting and feel as though any linear gains im going to make while still cutting are pretty much done.

Should I stay on a novice program for another 8-12 months while i lose the weight or should I try to move to an intermediate plan where I still try to progress weekly (TM) or every few weeks (like 531)?
>>
How does nofap help you lose weight?
>>
>>40324294
sounds about right, though that's a pretty low weight for cutting. what's your height?
>>
>>40324308
no. Nofap is purely mental. Anyone suggesting otherwise is getting a rise out of you. The extreme case suggesting otherwise is if you're masturbating so much you can't recover, but most people can't masturbate faster than they can get an erection.
>>
>>40324294
If the diet works for you, keep it up. However, I would personally say, add some protein (i prefer to have over 1g per lb when cutting), cut some fats and add carbs.

~155-165g of Protein
~40-45g of fat
~130-140g of carbs
>>
>>40324323
You have clearly never nofapped
>>
>>40323324
doesnt squeezing your glutes hard push your hips to far forward, causing you to lose tightness in the core?
>>
>>40324309

5'8.
>>
>>40323536

No one? Cmon lads, you know this isn't normal
>>
>>40324351
there are literally no physical changes, are you retarded? You're literally not doing anything different. It doesn't up test, it doesn't increase metabolism, it doesn't do anything besides increase your semen count slightly for your next fap.

If you seriously think nofap will help you lose weight then you should eat your cum because obviously you're retarded from starvation.
>>
>>40324361
alright, sounds fine. as long as you eat within those constraints I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>40324344

I might consider that. Maybe im going crazy but ive lost around 6lbs in around a month but just havent seen much body fat loss so im thinking im fucking up somewhere.
>>
>>40324387
6 lbs isn't exactly a visible amount, it's tough to notice a real difference in less than 10 lb chunks. Start taking pictures every month, though I'd advise you not to go crazy. It seems like you're already decently slim.
>>
Anyone know which song parody this is? you gave my gains direction, an anabolic connection
>>
>>40324374
My balls feel sore and it's only been five days

You don't fucking get it
>>
>>40324421

Alright I appreciate the advice man!

>>40324381

You as well. Thanks!
>>
How do i into broader shoulders
>>
>>40324370
I get the same thing. Do the military press ROM test and if you fail that's prob why. I can't pass it so I'm working on flexibility for now
>>
>>40324501
What kind of test are you talking about?
>>
>>40324555
You like put your heels, hips, spine, neck and head against a wall and then move your arms like doing a front felt raise until you hit the wall above your head. Don't let anything come off the wall. If you can't do it you need more flexibility, if you can then you have a different issue
>>
File: IMG_0843.jpg (56KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0843.jpg
56KB, 600x811px
My routine goes like
A: Chest + Legs
Bench press, the things that are like wide and you pull in to the front, Squats, Leg press, those calves thingies and some related exercises
B: Back + Abs
Rows, those things you pull from above into your the top of your back, ab exercises
C: Arms
Pull-ups, Dips, dumbells
During a week I go like
ABCABC and then rest on Sunday
Is it a good routine? Anything I should add to it?
I would follow a set routine but I'm exercising with a friend who's been doing it longer so I could suggest new exercises but not change it completely.
>>
How does nofap affect your confidence? Why?
>>
>>40324571
I'll have to try this, but I was looking online to see how flared out my elbows need to be for I would guess both OHP and dumbells and saw that doing it completely flared out, like 180 degrees was wrong so i'll try to correct that next time too
>>
>>40324482
Bumping for him
>>
Guys can you help me? I am starting to lift weights but I am not sure what program I should do. I am 5'10 and 167 lbs.
>>
Why aren't supplement threads popular on /fit/?

Also any brands /fit/ favor?

Reddit tends to favor ON.
>>
File: shoulder.png (606KB, 878x645px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder.png
606KB, 878x645px
just got told i've got shoulder impingement syndrome. Have to take a round of steroids and rest. and have to deal with this before? Good shoulder stretching routines?
>>
>>40325067
fit usually recommends ss or sl
>>
>>40325067

>>40325085
because generally you don't need supplements for muscle development. Pre-workout and creatine in-particular have their uses but everything else is just overkill. /fit/ also prefers ON and myprotein shilled a lot but i think it's garbage.
>>
I've had a bad shoulder for about 10 years. Found out I have SICK scapula, shit wings and grinds during normal movement.

How fix?
>>
>>40325112
>>40325114
I've read sticky but I thought SS would turn me into a gorilla. I just want aesthetic.
>>
>>40325139
there's no point in doing hypertrophy if you have no base of strength to build on. Do SS, don't be a retard, follow the program, and jump to an intermediate when you're ready.
>>
File: FSMNISTEPXA1.jpg (34KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
FSMNISTEPXA1.jpg
34KB, 600x400px
I'm sick of going to the gym to do my fasted cardio.
I don't have the space nor money for a decent bike or walker.
Has anyone owned a stepper? Was it effective in raising your heart rate?
>>
>>40322394
12%

>>40322602
T-nation; christian thibaudeau
Haven't seen any other ones
Dan John has a similar one for excercises in generell.
>>
>>40325206
no, isn't.
Better go for a weighted vest or a KB.

Or ust walking/running.

>>40325126
go see a doc

also Turkish get ups

>>40324653
maybe add Power Clean, Deadlift and Press, but looks ok.

>>40324482
Shoulder complexes
laterel raises
and get a sick press.

>>40324426
soul sister

>>40324306
nice, i vote for an intermediate programm

>>40324081
go see a medical someone
also form and deload.

>>40323472
if it helps, it helps do it.
But try some light squats for warm up where you try without knee sleeves to get your form right.

>>40323308
small cut, bulk, hard cut

>>40323127
cable crunch and Farmer walk

>>40322529
quads are teh triceps of the leg
>>
Does bar position (high/low) make less difference for short people, because the effective distance change is less than it would be for someone taller?
>>
>>40319540
When I work out and make serious gains (like when it feel like my skin is stretching), the day after I get like ingrown hairs along the skin over the muscle groups I worked out. I'm OCD as fuck and I'm always picking/squeezing them because little white stuff come out (maybe like the beginning of a hair follicle?). I'm destroying my skin, but how do I stop myself and what is this?
>>
>>40325760
keratosis pilaris?
>>
On youtube, guys will be doing like 5 different exercises, 5-8 sets of 8-10 reps on each. Whenever I try to do that much volume, my arms literally won't work anymore. Is this because I'm weak? Should I just pick 3 exercises to do and switch it up each time?
>>
What will doing just push-ups and crunches do for me?
>>
If you have a bigger TDEE is it more feasible to cut at a higher deficit? Like if I burn 3800 calories one day would cutting 800 calories feel the same as cutting 500 on a 2800 TDEE?

Before you ask I go to the gym first thing in the morning and then walk to work where I'm running around on my feet the entire time (about 15miles throughout the whole day).
>>
If I wanted to could I run some of Nuckols's bench press programs for OHP and substitute CGBP with push press?
>>
>>40323318
>The carbs are still more complex than simple sugars
Meaning what?
>>
No experience on weightlifting and I think my inproper form damaged my elbow joints, I can't straighten them and always feel sharp pains.

Should I wait until I'm completely recovered to attempt another weightlifting? any tips for faster recovery?
>>
I just recovered from a cold. Still have running nose and coughing. Is it possible that I'm failing in the gym even tho I feel fine apart from those things?
>>
File: 1296462868048.jpg (15KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1296462868048.jpg
15KB, 221x246px
i just jerked off and wanna go again but dick is having none of it, what can i do to help me jerk off multiple times per hour?
>>
>>40326890
make sure you get enough "good fat" in your diet
cardio lots of cardio
zink supplements might help but only if you are deficient
AAKG helped me get hard easier till the changes from cardio and getting fit in general kicked int
>>
>>40324443
you must have been fucking disgusting beforehand
>>
I recently moved cities and joined a new gym. However, I've run into a problem now. The bench is too low for the power rack. I can't touch my chest with the bar when the safety bars are at the lowest setting. Does anyone know a fix to this problem?

>inb4 join real gym
>>
So I'm currently doing GreySkull, and I'm interested in calisthenic routines.

Would integrating a routine on my off days be too much frequency?
>>
What happened to dnp threads? I know that some girl or guy killed themselves with it and the vendors got spooked, but I assumed they would come out of the woodworks eventually.
>>
Question: if periodization is so great, why don't newbie programs cycle between pushing linear progress and pushing higher reps?
Like, suppose you were doing SS. What if you did say three weeks upping weights for 3x5 like you're supposed to, then you did three weeks of the same weights again but for 3x10? Would that be optimal?
>>
File: Collage 2017-02-10 09_07_09.jpg (143KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2017-02-10 09_07_09.jpg
143KB, 1080x1080px
I already posted this in cbt, a guy was helpful enough to write a wall of text but that didn't hit the spot.

I've been lifting for almost 2 years, I'm 192 cm (6'3) and 97 kg (215 lbs).

This is the routine I'm following (AxBxAxxBxAxBxx)

My body has been shit, and in 4 months I barely noticed more gains (you will see with the body pic I'll post as a reply of this) even if I got stronger.

All are for 5 reps
Squat 150 kg
Dl 162.5 kg
Bench 90 kg

What do I do, I'm desperate.

Is it nutrition? Is it the routine?
>>
File: Collage 2017-02-09 22_14_22.jpg (283KB, 1080x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2017-02-09 22_14_22.jpg
283KB, 1080x1752px
>>40327575
Body pic.
Top right is 4 months ago, others are from this week, one while flexed.
>>
This is kind of a dumb question but whats the most amount of weight I can leave on one side of the barbell when deloading? I never leave more than 20kg on one side when the other is empty. I am terrified of the barbell tipping over.
>>
Does bloatedness have 100% to do with diet or are there other ways to get rid of it?
>>
File: 1485821705141-pol.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485821705141-pol.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
Fill me with knowledge you fit fuckers. I'm worried about my knee joints. About six months ago I started being aware that my knee joints pop and click and make loud noises involuntarily as I'm walking or shifting about my body slightly. Now I'm noticing slight discomfort and feel
concerned that this is the sign that this is not ideal or healthy. I'm only 26 y.o. For years now I've been walking long distances on the train track just down the road from my house. I wonder if walking on an uneven surface with rocks scattered over the concrete parallel sleepers is the main source of the joint fuck up. I don't know anything about joint health, how bad it can get, or if the damage once done is permanent. Are there different distinctions for joint problems? Is this just a natural progress of aging? What can be done to return my knee joints to what they were? To be honest all my body joints are a bit funny, but my knees are worst. Elbow joints pop and click too.
>>
What are some good routines coming from SS? I think I'm ready to switch it up squat: 185 ohp: 105 bench: 135: DL 215
>>
File: 85951465.jpg (56KB, 342x316px) Image search: [Google]
85951465.jpg
56KB, 342x316px
What exercises can I do to add mass to my wrists? Is it even possible?

>Hanging out with my dad
>Trying on watches
>They're all a bit loose
>He puts his fingers around my wrist
>They touch on the other side making a circle
>"Heh, just like when you were a kid"
>>
>>40327639
Get a friend to rest his hand above the far end of the bar while you load them on, he can catch it when it starts to tip.
>>
If I've been on preworkout for say 4-5 weeks, would a couple weeks off and cutting down on caffeine from tea and coffee be a good way to keep it working?
>>
>>40327579
Stop being insecure daddy
>>
Is the ab wheel actually good? Does it hit the whole abdominal well?

At the moment I'm doing a combination of planks, crunches, cocoons and leg raises but its getting repetitive.
>>
>>40327958
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/seated-dumbbell-palms-up-wrist-curl

I find its better to do it over a bench rather than your legs, but this seriously hits your wrists like a bitch. Dont overdo it on the weight, your wrists are not that strong.

You can also alternate it by instead of having your palms facing towards you, have them facing away, but this is even harder to do.
>>
>>40328028
Yes. You're gonna want to refresh your tolerance, otherwise you're gonna spend far too much money on it because it takes so much.
>>
>>40327575
Pls help
>>
File: assburgers.gif (640KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
assburgers.gif
640KB, 200x157px
1) Lower back is sore from deadlifts on Wednesday.
Should I still squat today? Should I do front squats instead of back squats?

2) I work a job that involves 4 hours of walking a day. Would it be beneficial to my gains to squat before my job and take a nap before going to work, or to work, take a nap after I work, then go squat?
>>
I'm getting no more than 6 hours sleep a night and more like 4 on most workdays and catch up with 8-10 hours on weekends (I know you can't catch up) by Friday after a 38 hour work week I feel like the fucking plague has hit me.

How badly am I fucking up my gains? It's like time goes twice as fast when it hits 10pm and before I know it it's 2am, and it's not like I'm playing vidya or anything, I literally just sit here on 4chan.

I want to start going to the gym 5 days a week AxBxC doing Greyskull and then on x days do Cardio but I barely have the drive to do the lifting let alone go in on alternating days to cardio it up, I don't have time for breakfast either because I literally sleep until I have to leave for work.
>>
>>40328165
>It's like time goes twice as fast when it hits 10pm and before I know it it's 2am, and it's not like I'm playing vidya or anything, I literally just sit here on 4chan.

I would understand if you stayed up late for an actual reason, but fuck off, just have some self control and stop browsing, never going to make it if you can't even control basic aspects of your life like that.
>>
>>40328182
I used to actually do things but since my ex left me 3 months ago I've had literally no drive to do anything what so ever that I used to, and is the reason I started hitting the gym seriously and got a job instead of being a shut in NEET dyel.

I just sort of get entranced on the computer and within my own self loathing and time just goes somewhere but I do absolutely nothing with it.
>>
>>40327943
PPL
>>40327958
Deadlift
>>
File: IMG_0266.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
I'm 6'4" 190 lbs and starting my cut. I have a skinny-fat body type and I'm trying to cut and then bulk with muscle afterwards because I'm already pretty skinny everywhere except I have a huge beer belly I want to get rid of first. I'm trying to go on a 1000 cal deficit with lifting 3x a week (maintain muscle while loosing fat) while also doing cardio on my rest days. Is this too much? also I'm concerned about loose skin being an issue with a 1000 cal deficit. I'm thinking that since I'm relativly skinny it shouldn't be that much of an issue. I'm currently at around 23% bodyfat and im hoping to get to around 12-15% before I start to try putting on some muscle. Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts on whether this is a good idea/possible
>>
I just did 2x12 of around 80% of my working weight. Is this a good workout for a volume day? (aiming for 3x8)
>>
File: 1485158315226.jpg (27KB, 496x629px) Image search: [Google]
1485158315226.jpg
27KB, 496x629px
>>40319540

5 foot 9 145lbs 18% bodyfat, workout about 4 times a week.

I'm trying to go on a proper cut after realizing I was only eating around 1000 calories a day. right now my macros for a cut are

170g protein

100g carbs

80g fats

Around 1800 calories a day. Does this sound right? will I make it if I keep this up?
>>
im seeing new veins and look better so I am on the right track right? cutting and lifting wise
>>
Is 2x12 a good workout with 80% of my working weight, given my goal is 3x8 of what I use during intensity days? Just thought that volume every 3rd session would help me up the reps bit by bit. I'm aiming for 4x12 on volume days, then microloading.
>>
How to fit assistance exercises on SL? Do it after you do the primary ones or between them?
>>
>>40328397
>170g protein

Why? What on earth makes you think you need this much protein? .8g/lb bodyweight.

You need carbs more than you need excess protein. Change it to 115g protein and 155g carbs
>>
>>40328397
Dude I would be more worried about the 5'9" 145 and still 18% body fat. What are you cutting down to? You might want to rethink things
>>
>>40328560
This. If you're 18% at 145 and 5'9, you should consider lifting.
>>
>>40328560
I don't know, just cutting. I still have a lot of fat on my body. I've lost 50 pounds since last may and i still look terrible so

>>40328553
everything I've been reading says that for a cut to lose fat more protein is better
>>
>>40328569
I do lift
>>
>>40328676
More protein has no effect on fat loss. Whether or not you exercise does. Even bulking, you do not need that much protein. Like I said, .8g/lb body weight is optimal. Do yourself the favor of eating more carbs, it'll make your cut to auschwitz less miserable.

Post body so we can get an idea. I'm 5'9 ~159 and I'm probably around 18%, so either you lift like crap or have a bad reading in bf%
>>
>>40328700
I've heard that the key to weight loss is LESS carbs, more protein and fat. Isn't that the point of a keto diet?
>>
>>40328708
>keto

Jesus mang stop before it's too late. Carbs don't make you fat, a surplus of calories does. Carbs are energy. Besides, if you claim to be doing keto, you're still doing it wrong.
>>
>>40328700
me maybe two weeks ago

i do lift like crap. pretty much just do weighted dips weighted pull ups and weighted or one handed push ups and lunges. all 5x10.
>>
>>40328720
Jesus, you don't need to cut you need to eat and lift. Why do you think you even have weight to lose? You're too newbie to have body dysmorphia already.
>>
>>40328718
I didn't say I was doing keto I was just pointing out that's what keto diet is.

What kind of macros should I be aiming for then?
>>
Every time I DL and other back/pull day the next day my shoulders and neck are mad sore. Like I slept wrong even when I didn't.
Is this indicator of poor form?
Does everyone get this?
I only pull 2 pl8. There are grills at my gym doing more.
>>
>>40328733
>Why do you think you even have weight to lose?

look at me, i may be not weigh much but i still have large fat reserves around my middle, arms, and chest. it's frustrating and I want them gone.
>>
>>40328737
If you figure 1800 cals and .8g/lb protein at 145, that's about 115g. Multiply by 4 to get 460kcal from protein, which makes up about 25% kcal intake. You want about 40-50% kcals from carbs, so 900kcal carbs equals 225 carbs. That leaves 440kcals for fats, which is 48g.

If you want more fat, reduce carbs to accommodate. Protein is the only macro that shouldn't change much between a bulk and a cut not st your muscle mass anyways.
>>
>>40328777
that's not >>40328397
>>
>>40328764
You'd be better to ignore that and begin bulking. It looks worse b cause you have no definition to contrast it with. Start building muscle.
>>
>>40328783
Oh well, I listed the math and methods so it's easy to copy.
>>
I've only been lifting for 4 month but tried low bar squats from high bar for the first time. My squats felt better and it was easier to get up. My only problem was keeping the bar in place. Should I just lower the weight or stick to high bar? Which is he better squat?
>>
>>40328785
I'd like to bulk but I'm afraid it would just add MORE fat on my body, plus 90% of the sources I've checked say not to start bulking until I get below 15%.
>>
>>40322574
yeah it is. just push it or skip. also you need rest
>>
>>40328743
most likely poor form. are you turning your head while lifting?
>>
>>40328370
help
>>
>>40328881
I try to watch myself in the mirror in front of me, there's just so many things I try to focus on at once.
>Shoulders back so shoulder blades are close together
>Back straight
>Don't skin shins
>Hip drive
>Don't let grip slip
Am I missing anything?
Clearly something is wrong, I'm going to be benching more than I DL in 3 months if current rates stay
>>
>>40328825
Start bulking now. You're going to be miserable getting to sub 15% and you weren't a fatty to start, so it's in your benefit to get muscle. Muscle mass helps with future fat loss. You only have to worry about major fat gain while bulking if you A) dirty bulk on garbage food, B) don't count calories and macros, and/or C) don't lift while bulking.

Make no mistake, if you want results, you WILL gain some fat on a bulk. But the amount of fat gained will be small if done right and will be very easy to drop.
>>
>>40328927
You where probably jerking your head upwards, keep it neutral
>>
>>40327496
nobody who takes that shit for a living lives very long

half who take it are digusting fatbodies

there's only 3-5 posters here on it at any given time
>>
>>40328937
Thank you, will do.
>>
>>40328814
/fit/?
>>
>>40322309
"resting burn" is like what your body uses just to work
"active burn" is what your body uses for anything past laying in a bed all day.
that seems pretty accurate.

>>40322389
get compressions shorts or leggings. I have a pair and they work pretty well.

>>40323127
you could try adding planks

>>40327410
dont bench in the power rack?

>>40327434
no

>>40327639
i try to do it evenly, but i think under two plates should be fine

>>40327887
diet or gastrointestinal issues. there are medications you can take to help, but changing your diet to figure out whats causing it would be best.

>>40328155
1. yes, as long as its just sore and not painful
2. you can try either option and see how it feels to you, might be helpful

>>40328165
pretty bad.
Set an alarm for like 10pm and when it goes off you get off the computer and go to bed.

>>40328370
you arent fat enough for loose skin to be an issue.
start with a -500 cut and lifting/cardio for a month and see how it goes

>>40328399
yes
>>
>>40327896
pop and click in a knee could mean a few things. to find out which is simple, any doctor can do a basic manual exam in minutes to see if it is anything mechanical. if yes, then mri. if not, address the other (few) possibilities. in any case, you'll get no useful info/diagnosis on the internet; the doc has to touch your knees
>>
>>40328935
okay, I trust you.

However, I'm going to keep eating at what I listed for two or three weeks first to stabilize my metabolism since it's probably fucked up from eating around 1000 calories a day for a month or more.
>>
Is loose skin just fat you haven't lost yet?
>>
>>40329053
Yeah you'll want to eat maintenance for a bit.
>>
>>40329053
eat at maintenance or slightly below for a couple weeks to balance yourself, not a cut level.
start off bulking with less than 300 calories over maintenance for a month and see how that goes.

>>40329056
there may be some fat, but most likely not. Your body made new skin to accomadate your larger body and at a certain point theres just too much to shrink back. Surgery is the option there.
>>
>>40329056
If I lie will it make you feel better?
>>
>>40329089
No, I just want to know best approach.

If I keep cutting to Christian Bale mode, then do a light bulk for a year while training nothing but abs, would I fill it up with muscle instead?
>>
Why do some standard bars feel so different?

I started going to a different gym where the bars all feel so rigid. The ends where the plates go don't move or rotate.

When I bench press, it hurts the fuck out of all my joints and feels like I'm pressing a boulder.

What gives? Both bars are 45lbs. I even asked.
>>
How fucking stupid am i?
Is it ~1 gram of protein per pound or kilo body weight?
>>
>>40329118
some bars are designed to have some give or "whip" while some arent.
its a different design for different uses

>>40329144
its .8g-1g of protein per pound of LEAN BODY MASS which is NOT body weight
>>
>>40329118
>The ends where the plates go don't move or rotate
probably because you don't have to fight the bar from rotating.
>>
im starting the standard 5x5 lifting regime seen in the sticky.

problem is that I have pretty severe scoliosis, and it makes doing deadlifts properly pretty much impossible. Is there any other work outs I can do to substitute this? Last time I tried them I lacked the ability to keep my back straight enough to not injure myself.
>>
>>40329183
there is no lift thats a true replacement for diddly but shrugs, rows, barbell hip thrusts, leg extensions, static hangs and rack pulls should help
>>
>>40327958
>Is it even possible?

No you idiot your wrists are bone
>>
>>40329218
If you can store fat there, you can store muslce there.

bulk up skinnyfags
>>
This might be a dumb question, but will stretching with severe DOMS impair the recovery process at all? My hams are sore af after doing stiff-legged deadlifts two days ago, and stretches like downward facing dog that are normally effortless for me are currently causing me discomfort - not of the painful kind, but discomfort nonetheless.
>>
Cardio on 5x5 off days?

Y/N?
>>
>>40319540
Sorry for the blog but it's relevant:
So i started lifting 1,5 year ago when i was overweight (100kg/220lbs i'm 175cm/5'9") and been on permanent cut. After almost half of year of brosplits i started starting strength. My presses very quickly stalled (after a year im still pressing the same weight 74kg/163lbs and 56kg/123lbs 5RM) but i was able to progress on squat and deadlifts (117kg/257lbs and 149kg/328lbs) until recently. So i figured i should start bulking. I upped calories up to 3200 and dont really know if i gained weight as my weight fluctuates a lot. I did reverse diet and right after i upped my calories from 2600 to 2900 my weight changed from 64.8kg to 66.2kg (in span of like 3 days) Maintained this calories for 2 weeks, my weight has gone from 66,2 to 66,6 and back to 66,2. There was no progress on anylifts besides squat and deadlift (which i know was due to correcting my form). So i increased calories again from 2900 to 3200 since this monday. My weight increased yesterday from 66,2 to 66,7 but i wasnt able to progress on any lift besides deadlift (and i feel that it is going to stall soon too). So what the fuck do i do? I am sure that i eat enough, and my rest and training is on point i sleep 8 hours every night i push myself hard but not too much. I'm doing /fit/ wiki version of practical programming SS. Should i just switch to Texas Method to progress?
>>
>>40329462
Or is one week on bulking calories just not enough for progress? Am i being impatient here?
>>
>>40329403
no, stretching is good.

>>40329433
yes

>>40329462
you are wayyyyy too impatient. weight can fluctuate very often and very easily. weigh yourself first thing in the morning and try to do it consistently. then take your average weight for a week as your weight instead of your daily weight.

Try 3000 calories a day for a month and see how that goes
>>
>>40329510
yea i weigh myself everyday in the morning after pissing. And yes i know something about weight fluctuations since my weight fluctates awful fucking lot after i stopped my cut and upped my calories from 1800 to 2200 i balooned up to 69,7kg from 63,9kg in span of one week. Also if im gaining weight and my training isnt completly fucked then i WILL gain some muscle right? I willing to accept gaining some fat but i want at least some gains, I want to make sure that all this shit is not completly pointless. Also thanks
>>
>>40329583
yes, lift regularly, eat 500 calories over maintenance and you will you put on muscle and some fat
>>
>>40329118
>The ends where the plates go don't move or rotate.
>
>When I bench press, it hurts the fuck out of all my joints and feels like I'm pressing a boulder.

I'd prefer this.

Benched with an Oly Lifting bar once, impossible to keep your wrists from bending backwards when the bar rotates so easily.
>>
>>40329593
Thanks. Would i benefit from changing to TM though? I have no fucking clue since people write that you should change routine when you stall but i was on calorie deficit for 1,5 year (i'm surprised i made any gains at all, there were months when i lifted 3 times a week and 4 times did cardio and ate 1300 calories) and now when im eating much more it seems that im not making any progress besides adding 1cm to my belly
>>
What's your experience with listening to audiobooks in the middle of a workout?
>>
when im doing seated dumbell shoulder presses, I get this lower back/spine pressure. I wouldn't say it is painful, but just uncomfortable. is this normal?
>>
>>40329462
>>40329510
Also routine rate pls?

Monday
Squat 3x5 + 1x8-10
BP/OHP 3x5 + 1x8-10
Chinups/Pullups 4xF unweighted/5sets weighted

Wednesday
Front Squat 3x5
OHP/BP 3x5
Deadlift/Power Clean 1x5/5x3

Friday
Squat 3x5 + 1x8
BP/OHP 3x5 + 1x8
Chinups/Pullups 4xF unweighted/5sets weighted

+on some days some 1 to 2 isolation exercises done 3x10
>>
I'm thirsty. I don't want milk, 'cause bad breath.

I don't want water 'cause I want something filling.

I don't want tea because I want something fizzy

What's a good fizzy drink? Should I just get a coca cola?
>>
>>40329722
If you're bulking, coca cola isn't bad, it's just extra calories.
>>
What's the most efficient Powdered Jew I can buy because I'm coming up around 60-90 grams of protein short everyday since I've got a bitch boy appetite that makes it so I just can't keep the amount of food I'd need to eat down?
>>
what is a good weight for side raises? like I am only doing 15 lbs and it feels like a lot. is it normal for people not to be able to do much side raise weight?
>>
>>40329734
I'm cutting, but I'll still stay within my calories, coca cola or not.
>>
When a guy at the gym says he wants to sleep with me does it mean like a sleepover party or something?
>>
>>40329722
Then get one of those zero calorie flavor drinks.

Sure they're shit, they bloat you up and they rot your teeth but you seem to be craving that.
>>
>>40329722
>I don't want water cause I want something filling
Then eat something you faggot
>>
>>40329742
Give up this isn't for you kid
>>
>>40329642
you can certainly try it, if you make the change stick to the new routine for at least 3 months, 6 is better.

>>40329652
I listen to podcasts maybe 60% of the time, its fine.

>>40329653
if its heavy enough, sometimes. Make sure you are sitting up properly and bracing your core and back.

>>40329714
I do a 5/3/1 split doing
Squat + accessories
Bench + accessories
rest day
Dead + accessories
OHP + accessories
I like it, feels like i have full energy for each major lift.

Your routine seems like it needs more accessories.

>>40329722
you can try Zevia (zero calorie soda, sweetened by stevia) or Kombucha. both are better options for you than coke.

>>40329742
you are most likely calculating wrong. its 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass. Considering you are even asking, i doubt you need more than 150g of protein a day, which is an easy target.
myprotein often has sales. Costco too.

>>40329753
yeah its normal, i do 4x10 and do two sets of 15lb and two of 20lb

>>40329768
yes
>>
>>40327496
Currently on DNP. First time user. Any info in particular you looking for other than sauce?
>>
File: 1486423669965.jpg (247KB, 670x464px) Image search: [Google]
1486423669965.jpg
247KB, 670x464px
Is there a way to increase circulation to extremities? I've been trying to improve my grip strength, hoping it would keep my hands from getting cold so easily, but it hasn't worked so far.
>>
pre-question disclosure that I probably have hyper lordosis. I have a problem training abs. Ill do a set of 12-15 and immediately afterwards my abs cramp up. Its like they contract and dont let go. I can physically feel the bulge of the muscle contracting and it doesnt stop until roughly 1-2 minutes afterward. I dont normally train abs because of this and its been like this for years.
Do i have to power through it eventually or do I have to fix the lordosis first?
>>
>>40329792
Would it be better to ditch isolation for bicep/tricep/abs and do additional compounds then (like push press or close grip bench)? Doing LP i dont think i could manage doing more accesories and working 3 times a week with my 5RM
>>
What are some good stretching exercises to keep my lower back healthy?
>>
>>40327575
More frequency, switch to a 5 or 6 day PPL split and bulk slowly.
>>
I just can't bench. I tried correcting my form and I just can't find the sweet spot where I can feel it in my chest. It just puts strain on my arms and my bench never goes up. Am I fucked?
>>
>>40330455
Have you tried widening your grip?
>>
>>40330466
I tried but maybe I wasn't going wide enough. Could that be the problem?
>>
>>40330455
Try keeping the bar lower
Like when you lower the bar it should be around your nipples
>>
>>40330508
Alright I'll try that and I'll widen my grip. I'll practice that for a few days in a row to get a feel for it.

Thanks!
>>
>>40330495
Could be, I stretched my arms away like 7-8 cm and it helped. You can also switch to DB Bench Press, which people often find it engages their pecs better than regular BP.
>>
>>40330569
I wish I could, I just have a rack and a barbell + weights at home. I'll try to save up for some. Thanks again for the help!
>>
File: ClydeCash.jpg (5KB, 170x227px) Image search: [Google]
ClydeCash.jpg
5KB, 170x227px
>>40319540
Hypothetical question. If I had to choose between buying some protein or creatine, which would be better do buy.
>>
>>40330724
Creatine, you can't get it through nutrition whereas with protein you can just increase the intake a little bit.
>>
>>40329834
Farmers walks for grip strength, I don't know if it will help with the circulation you are talking about

So far i've just been doing a few sets with 2 pl8s, 1 in each hand and just walking back and forth, but it would be better If I timed it instead
>>
>>40330736
And Creatine replaces nutrients in muscles?
>>
>>40330324
Hanging from a bar for as long as you can, decompresses spine + grip training

Theres the cat and camel thing and the fake push up, some yoga will probably help
>>
>>40330744
Uh.. no? I thought you meant protein powder, why on earth would you rather buy creatine before food.
>>
I dont feel like my legs are doing anything in deadlifts. My lower back gets kinda tired thought, I am getting a ticket to snap city if I continue?

Also I a m doing SS, recently I tried adding dips and chin ups. Funny thing is that the day is legs focused I could barely do any of them while the day was arms focused I could do them just fine. Can someone explain what happened? Was it the bench press?
>>
>>40330777
why on earth would anyone take it before food. I used to buy both, ran into a financial situation and can only budget one of them
>>
>>40330795
Get the food.
>>
>>40330812
i didn't mention food, I have food but I need to choose between powder or creatine. I have a good stock of chicken and veggies
>>
>>40330818
If you already have enough chicken for your protein needs, why would you want to buy more protein powder? I'd go for the creatine.
>>
>>40330842
cheers pet.
>>
>>40330760
Thank you! looking into it
>>
>>40330724
Dont listen to that idiot. Loads of foods have creatine...and loads of foods have protein...id recommend amino acids... Amino acids can also be synthesised by body to make creatine.
>>
Which of the following are a meme snake oil
Creatine
BCCA
Pre Workout

Also im planning on ending my cut this week and starting to maintain. Is this option from the sticky a good idea to stick to in terms of diet?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
>>
File: ffe.png (21KB, 215x844px) Image search: [Google]
ffe.png
21KB, 215x844px
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>40330898
uhm all of the above.
>>
What fleshlight would be better to cure death grip? I'm about to buy a flight instructor, is that any good?
>>
>>40322159

You could honestly just combine the two workouts. I think that would be better than going again after having already been earlier considering you will still have 2 days to rest before the next time you do the same body parts. You could also just skip a workout but I wouldn't recommend that because gains.
>>
Do I have to do OHP standing up?
I hit the roof sometimes
>>
>>40330932
You can do it sitting on a bench
>>
>>40330784

Hello
>>
I AM NEW TO THE GYM.

Please critique my program
>>
>>40330898
all of them are fucking retarded stop wasting your money
>>
>doing Starting Squats for a few months
>lost a lot of muscle in the past, so was regaining
>decided to do higher reps instead to get back quickly since my body could handle it
>now at lmao 2pl8 squats every other day at about 8-10 reps per set, including warmups/cooldowns
>starting to feel some tension in knee joints

Usually it's not for too long, but at least for the day after working out. Am I overdoing the squats? Should I start to lower the rep count or try to keep going? I don't want to fuck up my knees. When is it too many squats in a week?
>>
File: myProgram.png (16KB, 960x474px) Image search: [Google]
myProgram.png
16KB, 960x474px
>>40330958
oops forgot the picture
>>
>>40330974
total utter bullshit
>>
>>40330988
what's wrong with it, please offer some help
>>
>>40330784

Please
>>
>>40330784
Check your DL form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6hCDN4pR0o
>>
I'm a skinny dyel whos been SL 5x5 and bulking for 4 months with decent results.

My problem is my beta ass chicken neck. I've made up my own exercise which is laying flat on my back and doing situps with my head whilst keeping everything below my neck stationary. I do one with my head facing 45 degrees to the side, on each side then facing straight ahead. Will this give me some kind of gains or am I wasting my time?
>>
>>40331002
5 times per week, full body, basically means that you are going to overtrain* all your muscle groups. If you want to train 5 days per week, follow a one-leg-day-less PPL (PPLPPxx), or a program specifically meant for 5 days per week. If you want to keep the fullbody routine, keep it 3 days per week (or alternate 3 and 4 days per week, WxWxWxW/xWxWxWx)

*Even if you are a newbie and you still dont work out intensely to overtrain your muscles, training all your muscle groups 5xweek is still a bad idea.

I wouldnt even call that a "program", its just a cheatsheet with a bunch of exercises to do. Switch to an actual program, with progression and stuff.

>>40330784
Not an expert, but if you dont round your spine you shouldn't get an injury, unless you are weighting a ton of weight. Check your form (ALWAYS LIFT WITH PROPER FORM). Also, try to learn how to do romanian deadlifts properly before switching to actual deadlifts.

If you want more hamstring drive, try stiff-legged deadlifts, but if you already complain about lower back pain I wouldnt try that.
>>
I am doing SS and its been fine for the whole two weeks I have been on it, but I have a problem with my squats, they are horrible. I am weak as fuck

My deadlift is 115 and my bench is 65 which are pretty weak but I think they are fine considerating I have never trained in my life. The thing is my squat is only at 65 lb so far and its been stalled since my last two workous (I couldnt progress from last workout)

I am doing something horrible wrong? I am gonna make it?
>>
>>40331089
do neck curls senpai
>>
>>40331157
squat light for now, and get someone who knows what they are doing a bit more to check your form.
>>
>>40330900
>two types of incline bench right next to each other
swap one to db flat or bb decline or dips (leaning forward and weighted if you can)

no back squats? calf raises? your "leg" day seems underworked

>>40330905
I have a tenga flip zero, its pretty good.

>>40330932
yeah you can sit, if you can it outside or something though that would be best.

>>40330958
>>40330974
do SS instead

>>40330971
you can squat everyday as long as you keep it at 50-60% of your 1RM. either squat less often or squat less weight.

>>40331089
look up actual neck exercises

>>40331157
watch some form videos, and be patient. it takes some time for your body and CNS to adapt to squatting with weight. Keep at it, nice and steady and make sure you are getting good depth
>>
File: IMG_1896.png (644KB, 1398x925px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1896.png
644KB, 1398x925px
I'm 18 and 5'6'' i don't want to be that of a fucking manlet, my brother is 20 and 5'8''. I run 5 km every night, do abs routine every day, go to gym 4 times a week.

Am i fucking my height or am i going to be taller with this excercise?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>40331223
Weightlifting is going to help produce growth hormone.

Lift heavy, dont cut until you're 21 or so, and sleep well.
>>
>>40331185
>swap one to db flat or bb decline or dips (leaning forward and weighted if you can)
Done.

>no back squats? calf raises? your "leg" day seems underworked

It's because deads and front squats are on same day and I don't want to fry my CNS further by adding more heavy compounds. Should I put standard deads on back day and add SLDL to leg day along with calf raises?
>>
>>40331263
yeah, i would try doing that and see how it feels for you
>>
>>40331157
I remember when I started doing SS I absolutely hammered my legs just squatting the bar. Your body just isn't used to it yet, drop weight if you have to, just keep form and increase the weight each week.
>>
Anyone have any advice for someone who works 60+ hrs a week on their feet (server/warehouse worker)? I'm just starting out on SS and this new warehouse job, and I'm worried about blowing out my already bad knees/back from working all day then going to the gym.
>>
So, I'm not a supporter of nofap or anything, but it's been nearly two months since I last came and I've not been experiencing any nocturnal emissions. Is that normal?
>>
>>40331768
be careful to not add on weight to your lifts too rapidly. make sure to eat and sleep enough.
given time lifting should help strengthen your back and knees and make your warehouse work easier.
use knee sleeves and belts if you want, they probably will help.

>>40331773
how old are you?
I did nofap for a couple weeks and just never got a boner the whole time
>>
Is it possible to worry too much about shoulders on Dumbell bench press? I keep reading you need to pin shoulders back as much as possible but i've been trying this for weeks and I feel like i'm not hitting my pecs any harder, and i'm perhaps putting stress on my anterior delts when I shouldn't be.

I guess the question is, does it matter if you bring your shoulders into the movement a bit more as long as you do everything else right, like 45 degree angle and decent RoM?
>>
File: image.jpg (421KB, 1886x2514px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421KB, 1886x2514px
Started lifting a month ago, why the fuck does my upper stomach stick out like this? Is there a specific exercise I can do to reduce it?
>>
>>40331910
>how old are you?
>>
>>40332207
could be your hormones are starting to chill out a bit.
Were you regularly getting nocturnal emissions before nofap?

its generally something that doesnt continue into adulthood
>>
I dont have access to a gym, and I only have a pair of 15kg DB. How could I improve this routine?:

A:
Pushups
DB tricep extensions
Curls
Hammer curls

B:
Squats w/ DB
Lunges w/ DB
DB OHP
DB raise

C:
Pullups
DB Rows
Sit ups
Plank

I also fear that my muscles are trained unevenly because of only having one weight, could I balance this with the amount of reps I do in each exercise? Thanks
>>
File: IMG_0624.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0624.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
How do I know if I am training enough? Or too much for that matter?
>>
>>40332061
umbilical hernia
>>
Could someone post a picture of someone who followed the sticky just to know what am I in for?
>>
>>40332664
genetics, dedication and diet are different for everyone and will not be a good implication for you to follow.
SS is a way to gain a solid *strength* base while learning the forms and adjusting your body to working out which is a great way to start.
>>
>>40330960
Calm your autism friend, I only ask because my friend is really pushing me to get it and claims it works. I'm just here asking if their worth it or not.
>>
>>40332709
I have got most covered, for example, I will only drink water from now on, eat the recommended amount of calories to gain weight and ride my bike 2 days per week. The only thing missing is dumbbells or barbells, I can't really afford going to the gym right now, and I'm already saving for some dumbbells. Would it be stupid to train with a backpack with weights or simply a jug of water?
>>
>>40332718
if you have the money and struggle to meet your protein needs, protein powder can be helpful.
creatine is unnecessary but can be a little helpful to some people, can use if you have the money.
Most pre-workout is caffeine based and can be replaced with a cup of coffee before a workout. If you are too tired to workout without it you need to examine your sleeping and eating habits

>>40332505
>training enough
seeing gains of any form(weight loss/muscle gain/lifts go up) over the course of several months
>training too much
pretty unlikely but overly tired/sore, more prone to injury.
This will not happen unless you in the gym for several hours a day every day and pushing for constant 1RM improval.

>>40332775
eat a little less than the recommended amount if you are not going to be lifting weights because you wont be burning those calories or need as much protein to build muscle.
You can certainly do some work with a weighted backpack or water jugs, but there are plenty of good body weight exercises to do that require no extra gear
>>
Guys I started finasteride recently and I was wondering if I should jump on creatine, or would it exacerbate the problem? Will fin cancel out the creatine?
>>
>>40332817
I'm >>40332775
I have some issues with my schedule too, as it was mentioned in the sticky, 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio and 2 days off would be great. If I had the time, I would alternate between workouts and then take the weekend off, but I don't have time to ride my bike on Tuedays, would it be bad to do weights 3 days straight and then 2 days straight of cardio? Thank you so far
>>
I'm trying to get in shape, mostly with calisthenic running and not eating like a disgusting pig, but I can't stay motivated. I just love eating and when i'm trying not to, it's all I can think about. Whenever I try to get on the treadmill, I just find any lame excuse to convince myself I can't or have better thing to do.
How do you do it /fit/? How can I be less of a lazy ass and start being healthy? I'm not obese but i'm such a slob.
>>
>>40332898
it is preferable that you do not lift more than two days in a row as it gives your body time to recover.
if there is any where you could make that work it would be for the best. If not, then do what you need to do.
Cardio/bike riding can be done on lifting days or any day also.

>>40332934
you dont need motivation, you need discipline.
its just about getting the work done.
Don't buy junk food. write down your goals.
I don't want to do things sometimes and thats okay, because i do it anyways.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.