[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Rest Days, /fit/ - Are they really necessary,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4daysperweekworkoutsample.jpg (32KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
4daysperweekworkoutsample.jpg
32KB, 400x224px
Redpill me on Rest Days, /fit/ - Are they really necessary, or just a meme?
>>
>>40317864
well you should work out until you are sore and are tired as shit, so you should take rest days
>>
Rest days are good especially for novice lifters. I usually go 4 days straight of lifting then take a rest day which consist of sprinting and Ab wheel. What you do on your rest day is up to you though. Some people don't engage in exercise and other do.
>>
i newly started ss in january and i thought rest days were dumb so ive been squatting everyday and its taken a toll on my body. i went to deadlift about a week ago and i hurt something in my back. i can barely get out of bed for the past week and ive had to take time off work because i cant stand for prolonged hours
>>
You should figure it out by doing it. Sometimes I train 6 days a week, sometimes I train 3. It all depends on how you feel and if it's working for you.
>>
>>40317910
>Ab wheel
do those actually work good?
>>
>>40317864

If you're doing a full body routine SS, SL, etc., you should do rest days.

If you're doing a split routine, PPL, etc. then you can go every day, because you are effectively "resting" the muscle groups you're not working that day.
>>
>>40317864
rest days and deload weeks are certainly not a meme. if you don't have them then you are either overreaching or overtraining.
>>
>>40317910
>rest day
>intense ab workout
>I'm sure surrounding days where he needs his core to be fresh for heavy squats and deadlifts

you're gonna make it
>>
>>40317864
Are you seriously asking about rest days? are you fucking retarded?

Do you know what working out is? It's called working your muscles to the point of muscle breakdown so that you can rebuild it while you rest.

YOUR MUSCLES GROW ON REST DAYS.

why the fuck do you even work out if you don't even understand the basic mechanics of it?
>>
>>40318353
>what is CNS
>>
>>40318479
what is manual labor
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.