[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question /fit/ How do I lose the weight? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1486173753473.png (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1486173753473.png
113KB, 300x300px
Serious question /fit/ How do I lose the weight? I've been stuck between the same 3 pounds for the last 5 years with the same goal just 20 lbs away. Is this fucking maintenance because I'm SO CLOSE I can never cross that one threshold. Is it mental? I CICO but at most I lose 10lbs and then I yoyo back up, SO CLOSE.
>>
File: FAFh7Jk.jpg (114KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FAFh7Jk.jpg
114KB, 640x480px
>>40312476
Do you have a lot of muscle? Do you workout regularly? Do cardio regularly?

Do you make sure you dont eat over your maintenance calories?

we can help ya more with a few of these answered friend, no worries.
>>
File: IMG_3474.png (230KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3474.png
230KB, 750x1334px
Sadly I don't have a lot of muscle. I'm a girl.
I work out enough for a deficit, same with tracking calories. I can usually go for 500 cal deficit but somehow I keep messing up after a while... I want to know how to prevent that. I think I'm lacking in the will power category.
>>
>>40312653
bullshit

Never track your cardio its a fucking meme and you over estimate your work

Eat 500 less than your CONSERVATIVE TDEE
>>
I've been tracking calories religiously for past 4 months, but I can never break the 110lb barrier. in 2014 I weighed 117, today I weigh 117 again.
>>
>>40312653
Start doing squats and deadlifts. It will make your ass look better and speed up your metabolism.
>>
its so fcking depressing like, the science and math works, but the willpower fails. I think it's the "too much starvation, appetite increases" meme
>>
>>40312653
why would you log any run under a couple of miles unless you're near-sprinting. i mean 0.5 miles at 10minute pace? that's not gonna burn any cals. that's like a walk to the shop.
>>
>>40312693
Alright I'll give it a go. I only started resistance training recently I guess I should take it more seriously.
>>
File: IMG_3475.png (113KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3475.png
113KB, 750x1334px
Most of my runs are around 3-4 miles, but last two days I just wasn't feeling it but I wanted to keep my streak.
>>
>>40312476
Lacking will?
No, if you lacked will you'd be on tumblr or reddit and part of the haes movement right now.

What you lack is consistency and the ability to plan.

You can get down to a low weight but there are probably two things stopping you.
1.Your understanding of how women's bodies work on a cut
2.You being one of those people who are ALL or NOTHING.

You'll spend up all of your will power and have nothing left and then just gain back your weight...till you subconsciously realize that you've gotten big again+gained a bit of will power to diet then go RIGHT BACK on that diet.

Look it's easy to lose the weight. The real trick is looking good after AND keeping it off.

How do you keep it off you might ask? By rethinking dieting and cutting.

Have monthly diet breaks. I mean eat well for three weeks, then eat what you want for one, just don't go completely insane.
An IIFYM approach to calorie restricted diet
Replace 1 of your 3 daily meals with a healthy alternative.
Keep hydrated.
Oh and if you fuck up and eat WAY too much one day then eat less or fast the next. Nothing's wrong with fasting. As a matter of fact fasting has a long list of health benefits.

Make no other changes to your life except for those and simply relax. This is a small change in your life. Something that doesn't take much if any will power. It only takes a bit of effort.
>>
> very low carb diet. less than 50 grams.
> cut calories.
> fasting for 16 hours a day. no food.

You are probably cheating, and that is why you aren't losing weight.
>>
>>40312753
Whoa, thanks for the thorough response anon! I guess I was too close to see it, but yeah I guess I do lack consistency and planning. Fuck... I just realize how much I only plan for short terms, like "5 week cut as much as possible" or "1350 today, 1000 tomorrow"... Damn! And thanks for the insight on 3 week and 1 week off, I've always been unsure about how long to take a break for the metabolism to "reset" I've been going between the camp of "3 days on? 1 day off?" "5 days good and 2 days cheat?"
>>
>>40312780
>You are probably cheating, and that is why you aren't losing weight.
I don't think I am cheating anon, in the spreadsheet I recorded the days when I went 2k-3k calorie binges too *shame* but at least I know why I'm gaining. I know it's because after a while, I get tired of it, gain it back, and yo yo forever.I want to stop the yo yoing
>>
>>40312476
Losing weight is the easiest part. I'm cutting for the first time ever and I can't believe how easy it is.
>>
>>40312796
Go to youtube and look up lyle mcdonalds talks on women dieting/cutting.
Man is a fucking single minded autist when it comes to certain subjects and he always gets results. Fortunately, his current subject is how women can cut/diet/eat better.
>>
>>40312826
>Losing weight is the easiest part. I'm cutting for the first time ever and I can't believe how easy it is.
omg leave xD Well... if you start off as really high, like 200+lbs cutting is easy. You eat like 1700cals and still lose weight. Weight melts off quickly, but if you're already at a medium weight it gets harder.
>>
>>40312844
>Go to youtube and look up lyle mcdonalds talks on women dieting/cutting.
Thanks! I am right now. I haven't considered that in depth, I thought weight loss is just CICO for everyone, but I can see why I'm susceptible to emotional binges. Curious to see his advice. I think that's why women are always like "why is my bf losing more weight than me" U guys are awesome
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.