[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much sleep do you get per day /fit/? I've been getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

How much sleep do you get per day /fit/? I've been getting 3-4 hours a night and have more energy than when I was getting 7+
>>
I felt like that too when I was getting 3-4, or even less but it's definitely unhealthy man. Go to bed earlier.
>>
>>40303718
8:30 to 10
>>
>>40303739
Holy are you an infant
>>
>>40303718
I cant function mentally and do well in Uni unless I get at least 6.
>>
>>40303809
I think better on 4 hours than I do on 5+
>>
>>40303728
this, it's just your mind playing tricks on you, I usually wake up at 7 but if I happen to suddenly wake up at 5 I'll feel completely rested, especially since I know I have 2 more hours left of sleep, but when 7 am rolls around I feel like death
sleep has probably been my biggest gains goblin since I've started lifting
>>
>>40303718
Depends on whether I have college early or not.
If I sleeps as long as I want usually 9-10 hours. When I use my alarm clock I try to go to bed as early as possible. But I usually end up getting 7 hours of sleep or so
>>
I get around 5 hours of sleep per day
>>
>>40303718
I usually sleep 5 or 6 hours a day. Would sleeping 7 or 8 improve my gains?

Also, is it normal that if I don't get to sleep at night for some reason, I have literally no strength to push through my workout even though I dont feel very tired? I slept 1 hour tonight and today's workout was super fucking bad. Couldnt get through my working sets, duh, I wasn't even able to do a single fucking rep with a weigth I've been able to lift 5 times a week before.
>>
8-9 hours. Im a NEET though so I can go to sleep whenever I want and still get my 8+hours of sleep. Still feel like shit though in the mornings when I wake up
>>
Currently been sleeping for about 10 hours a night. Such is the neet lifestyle. Feeling really good when I go to the gym these days though. Makes it too easy desu. I feel like half the challenge was balancing lifts with work and the bear minimum sleep and food.
>>
>>40303974
Try taking magnesium before bed, might be placebo but it really makes me gut up fa st er
>>
>>40304570
Ill try that bro, hope it does something for me
>>
I sleep 9 hours a night because it takes me really long to fall asleep and I have to get up a bunch of times to pee because I drink half a gallon of water before bed.
>>
>>40303718
Try sleeping 3-4 hours per night for a week and you'll just collapse.
>>
File: 1486288354696.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486288354696.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
I'm usually fine once I have had my morning joe
>>
My sleeping pattern has been fucked since staying up till 5 on Superbowl night (I'm Irish, g.m.t.)

Gonna get it back on today
>>
>>40304898
Why the fuck would you stay up to watch that shit? Was it a bet for some potatoes or are you just a retarded fenian bog trotter?
>>
I cannot sleep for shit and I am always furious when I do not get 8 hours of sleep

Fuck this lifestyle, I'm not even eating any sugar or caffeine throughout the day and this bullshit still happens when I lay in bed for 10 hours, get 3 hours of sleep and my shithead brain tells me I'm 100% A-ok
>>
>>40303718

There's a solid chance this comes crashing down on you in a matter of months / weeks. There are some people who can live on that little sleep but the vast majority of us simply cannot. And you are statistically most likely to be part of the vast majority.

At least get 6.
>>
7-8
Boy, am I doing better when I've gotten the whole 8 hours.
Really got to stop browsing the Internet before bed, it often takes me one hour to fall asleep.
>>
>>40305078

Read a book. Especially if you don't particularly like reading, or just aren't used to it. You'll go from hyped to drowsy in thirty minutes flat.
>>
>>40305093
Yes, that's exactly what I should do.
I really prefer non-fiction, which is not that relaxing, but I'll try to pick up some classic sci-fi novels.
>>
>>40303974
you feel like shit because you are a NEET and you know it
>>
>>40305111

Whatever does it for you. Doesn't matter if you're reading pulp sci-fi about space babes or 19th century Russian literary fiction. Or folk tales from Micronesia. Helps with sleep and occasionally teaches something new - reading has no downside.
>>
>>40305006
I'm a real man
>>
>>40304103
The definition of a neet is not having a job.

In saying that, i wish for 10, hope for 9, aim for 8, and then settle for 7.

Been taking valerian root to drift off to sleep, and it's really been helping this week.

But the real killer is what you already know: When you're tired and you know it's time for bed or you're aiming for more sleep (adding 2 hours to whatever youre getting is a good goal), get off the computer, put the phone down, create as dark a space as possible, create the right temperature in the room, make yourself comfortable in your bed, and for the love of god do not touch that fucking phone. Stay off the phone. Stay the fuck off the phone. Get the fuck off thw phone nigger wtf are you doing on your phone you just fucked up all your work to get to sleep and now your next workout will be shit and you might injure yourself GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE, TYRONE.
>>
I try to sleep from 10pm to 6am, but what usually happens is me wasting at least an hour trying to fall asleep then waking up at about 5am. What the fuck should I do?
>>
>>40305147

Get in bed at 9pm and do something that either relaxes you or just bores you to tears. If you're still having issues sleeping eight hours consecutively, try low doses of Melatonin (5mg) and making sure your curtains aren't letting in too much light around sunrise.
>>
>>40305272
That's what I do, last couple of weeks I've been watching Homicide: Life on the Street which puts me in a sleepy mood, but for whatever reason I still have troubles falling asleep. I guess I'll have to move to book and see what happens.
>>
>>40305427

Way I see it, a routine for sleep doesn't need to be radically different than one for fitness. If what you're doing isn't working for you, then it's time to switch things up and try something new. Experiment until you find what knocks you out and leaves you feeling new in the morning.
>>
I literally cant function on less than 8-9 hours a night, in saying this Im 6'2 104kg.

I never understood people saying they can function well at gym, uni, competitive sports, etc. on <7 hours a night. Im in a stem field and there is absolutely no fucking way I could do my job to an acceptable level with no sleep.

I remember I used to have Korean national students telling me theyd go into lectures and complete papers on 3 hours sleep at 5am and all I could guess was they were either lying cunts or legitimately every single korean at my university was working with a 150+ IQ

But maybe im just retarded who knows.
>>
I get around 7 - 8 hours of sleep, and It takes me 10 minutes to fall sleep. Its pretty good desu, a few months ago It was taking a long time for me to sleep but now everything back on track
>>
>>40303917
I was sleeping 6-7 hours for a long time and then once slept for 8 and a half. Performed so much better in the gym the following day. These days I always try to get at least 8, it's awesome. Hard to get to bed on time though, I usually take melatonin an hour before I need to sleep, helps me feel like going to bed even though I am spending the evening in front of my pc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.