[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been following SS to the tee for 5 months now and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (152KB, 750x1334px)
image.jpg
152KB, 750x1334px
I've been following SS to the tee for 5 months now and I'm stalling on all my lifts

>DL 245lbs
>Squat 185lbs
>Bench 130lbs
>OHP 90lbs

These are all 5 rep maxes, I hit this exact wall 2 weeks ago so I deloaded and I've now hit the same wall.

>went from absolute dyel 135lbs to 158lbs
>Eat 3kcal a day, not GOMAD but lots of whole milk and eat quite clean
>sleep 6-8 hours a night

What do I do? What is the explanation for this stalling? Very unmotivating
>>
Eat more
>>
>>40302087

You still Deadlifting every day? Or have you reduced frequency?
>>
>>40302087
6 hours of sleep GG
>>
How are you only benching 130?
>>
File: 1483368146609.png (80KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483368146609.png
80KB, 500x566px
>>40302087
>>40302116
This, you aren't eating enough of a caloric surplus to grow muscle at the rate the program demands. Either work more calories into your diet or switch programs to one that is more in line with your goals. BTW, clean bulking is a meme. Your body can't tell the difference between 300 calories from a chicken leg and 300 calories from a triple mcFattyburger
>>
>>40302142
Deadlift every other workout, as the program calls for. Squat everyday >>40302170
Bench is hardest to progress for me, for some reason. I have unnaturally long arms for my height, idk if that would be relevant.
>>40302183
How many calories should I be aiming for? 3k seems high for 155lbs, and Im getting 1g protein per pound of bodyweight
>>
>>40302251
>Deadlift every other workout, as the program calls for.

Fun fact, had you read the book, you would have deadlifted every day for the first two weeks or so.

Doesn't really matter, didn't set you back.

So the first thing I would address would be sleep, do better than 6-8. Get 8.

Now, I'm inclined to believe a couple things are holding you back:

Mental Block - the most difficult thing most first time lifters have to get over. Chances are you could easily tack on another 5 lbs, you're just not used to working at higher rates of exertion. Grit your teeth and try harder.

Form Issues - Next worksets, set up your phone on a box or bench, and film yourself. Swing by /plg/ anytime you want one of the big three looked at, we'd be happy to help.

Food - Don't worry about eating "clean" mate, just worry about eating. Get yourself that +500 cals over TDEE (remember, TDEE includes calories expended by your workout)

If you address all of these things, and you are still stuck, it may be time to switch up programs, but as you haven't yet hit numbers one would expect at your weight, I doubt this.

Goodluck lad.
>>
>>40302170
That seems unreasonably weak to me. I stopped lifting for 10 years, and when I started up again I started at 150.

(5'8" 260 lbs when I started)
>>
>>40302319
go cry to the feminists about patriarchy.
>>
>>40302319
Cause you were fat as fuck. 150lbs bench as a 260lb man congrats
>>
>>40302341
Now I'm 175 and bench 225
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.